🌱 Casa Serenidad 2024

“La verdad es que mientras más enojado estoy con este país y más lejos viajo, más mexicano me siento.”
― Jorge Ibargüengoitia, Instrucciones para vivir en México
Christine
Site Admin

🌱 Casa Serenidad 2024

Post by Christine »

Since I finally logged onto the forum I might as well go with the flow. . .

Lots going on around me these days even as I stand rather centered in stillness, all the while feeling the currents pulling me in multiple directions at the same time. Takes some nifty balance to not get swept away. It is looking like I am going to be able to construct another building on the property, been working on the design for a few days now. It's going to be built on a song and a prayer. I will be the architect, contractor, and overseer—part of me is super excited but the other part is thinking; omg! Are you actually going to do this again??

Casa Bella - Guest House: Two bedroom, one bath, with an open living area and wrap around porch.

I haven't measured the chosen plot yet but think I am in range. I stubbornly refuse to take down any native trees or cactus so am designing around them. I don't even like pruning which I seriously need to get over. I did top the two olive trees since they were looking especially scraggly, can tell they appreciated the care.

Meanwhile through the dreary winter months I have been doing a few gardening projects, they seem to take forever since I only have Jaime one day a week for seven hours. He certainly doesn't balk at hard work but I have to make sure I am checking or working with him. Here are a few recent photos from life at Casa Serenidad.

Front porch looking through the corner windows, potted plants from cuttings

Jaime taking down a dead tree, we pulled it over with his four wheeler after he hacked out the roots.

Back to glorious weather.The acacia tree went in the ground along with a willow.

Grey water pond, needed because the water outflow was water logging some trees—like the one that died.

It literally took months to design the pond, source the material, dig the hole, fill it in and plant the papyrus with the horsetail. Even so there must be a leak somewhere because the ground downhill is still wet. In the end it turns out for the good because I decided to plant a few trees that love wet ground all year round. That balance thing, go with the flow so that even mistakes turn out favorably.

Closing shot of the sunset a few nights ago.

The sun it out and the garden calls— water us please my new seedling call.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Christine
Site Admin

Re: 🌱 Casa Serenidad 2024

Post by Christine »

It's Sunday afternoon and I have come back indoors as the sun is high overhead. The plants are in need of extra watering and care this year since we've had weird weather and non-stop chem trailing for about two months. I am not alone in noting that whatever they are spraying is literally sucking the moisture out of the ground and plants. Even people, there is a prevalent feeling of being constantly dehydrated along with heat radiating from the bodies core. Of course the challenge will be met and overcome.

Meanwhile I thought I would share some recent photos because in spite of the challenges the garden is looking beautiful.

The Papyrus and Horsetail are loving the grey water pond.

The little patch of lawn is starting to come back, the house from the side to the back patio.The carved stone is part of a tiered water fountain that I hope to have running next weekend.

The small Plum tree that bore six fruit last year is full of plums this year.

First year my peach tree is bearing fruit, can't wait until they ripen.

I got thirteen girls in the ground, fingers are crossed that I got all the males out before they could pollinate. I love this plant even though I don't partake and from my last year's crop people have told me how good the smoke is... just so full of seeds that it wasn't top quality.

They sprayed heavy again today and as I look out my window the sky is now a dull silver grey, it took a couple of hours for the trails to spread out. We are called to be dauntless warriors in times like these. I fuel myself with laughter, good friends, the beauty of nature and a profound knowing that this will pass. Maybe not in my lifetime, that remains to be seen but on the opposite end of the spectrum there are a growing number of people waking to their spiritual being and working harmoniously with others. Love you all. ❤️‍🔥

Before I run off ... Maxine and Angel doing their doggie thing. Best friends ever!

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Life in Mexico”