Time For the 'A' Game

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
LittleTree

Re: Time For the 'A' Game

Post by LittleTree »

Glad to hear! It's another informative hour.
LittleTree

Post by LittleTree »

Question everything!
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Excellent points, both Norman and LittleTree.

To Norman's point, this is an important aspect. Obviously there will always be 'room to grow', but there are little things - such as avoiding pointing the camera at bright lights, and being aware of proper lighting and (if possible) sound can make a big difference. Another element - beautifully depicted by the Fitts video - is wardrobe and scripting. I mean, obviously with interviews there will be an element of looseness, but the introduction is - to the extent of their ability - straight-up professionalism.

I agree to the 'NSA allegations' disgust.

I'm not saying people aren't/shouldn't be prone/allowed to make(ing) mistakes; not at ALL. I AM saying however that there have been plenty of mistakes made in past - all throughout the Alt. community - and that we (collectively) could benefit from A. learning from them and B. networking to eliminate as much as possible. I think as producers we will appreciate the product more, and the viewer will either appreciate the effort/product OR (worst-case) they won't realize how it 'did'/'might-have' look(ed).

P.S. In pointing to the Fitts video I am not saying these qualities are absent in the Alt. media, just using it as an easy and present example.

OHHH! OHHHHH! Listen to her at 32:20! She makes my case for me! We gotta use their tactics against 'em!
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

Return to “Calls to Action”