Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Pris

Re: Tell The Truth = Arsehole?

Post by Pris »

Rob Halford wrote:
Hermit wrote:
If you stand up on a soap box in a firing range, don't be shocked and amazed if people start shooting. Rather than complain about who's shooting:

Learn.

To.

Duck.
Nah, I learned a better skill, I return fire immediately and I am good with shootin irons.................
Perhaps we want something in the middle... Love 'em and learn to duck while firing.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

My preferred
Pris wrote:
Rob Halford wrote:
Hermit wrote:
If you stand up on a soap box in a firing range, don't be shocked and amazed if people start shooting. Rather than complain about who's shooting:

Learn.

To.

Duck.
Nah, I learned a better skill, I return fire immediately and I am good with shootin irons.................
Perhaps we want something in the middle... Love 'em and learn to duck while firing.
Adding my two cents.

Depends on what the 'bullets' are made of. My refined choice is the fierceness love has to offer. As a fine sword is forged by the blade being smelted, bent and hammered over and over, I would say silver bullets that hit their mark are of a similar nature. This also requires accurate aim, ie: close observation of what the person is actually saying or reacting to. I would venture to say that on Facebook most of the time the best choice is silence, this is actually one of most effectively controlled responses. Why give energy where it will be utilized against you?

As far as ducking, well like Neo in the matrix we can learn to duck and even stop the bullets before they reach us. Ah, that requires great skill when the apparent foe knows your weakness. I have found that the best manner I have come upon when being fired at is to be inner visible, a state of Being that is fluid and unknowable to the 'enemy'. We really, really can be invisible space to those who seek to destroy or those who hate.

She is smiling thinking of Shezbeth and his employing the dark side, which really is taking Knowledge out of the closet where it has been hidden.

While driving yesterday I was pondering certain aspects of self and other, the interaction these two seemingly separate entities have. The thoughts were such; we are conditioned to respond in certain ways, our inner reactions that flare up (close observation shows how many of those there are) and while those are great food for thought and consideration (what we cling to) I was sensing into a much more fluid me. She that can respond as called upon in any given instance, there are no rules. Now that will usually stop any bullets before they hit.

Laughter and humor come in very handy too, when in doubt laugh or sing or dance!
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Post by Phil »

What sort of upside down nuggetry is this?
To quote bill maher when asked by Larry King that if they're gay (speaking about republican homophobes), why did they attack gay people so much:

"Because hating yourself is the greatest love of all"

I can't stand maher but he has his finger on the pulse of the mainstream. Lots of people (especially most that I tend to attract, so I guess that says something about me) are totally in love with the lies they tell themselves.

Add to that the learned defense mechanism of "needing to be right", one of the worst habits "authority" doesn't even realize it passes down, and you have the nuggetry we face today.

...add lawyers to the mix and your totally fucked, wear the crown as a badge of honor. Better to be king asshole than some asshole wasting their energy protecting their lies
What is the purpose of your presence?
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Alright! Are you ready for some grade A cheese?? I sure hope so,....

There's an acronym I was taught years ago; ACE - Accept, Change, Eliminate.

When something is shall we say 'undesirable', there are three choices: Accept the thing and the state it is in, Change the thing or the relationship one has to it, or Eliminate the thing or the relationship one has to it.

Personally, I put odds low that one is going to change the dynamic. That leaves Acceptance or Elimination.

Personally, I put odds low that one is going to Eliminate the thing or the dynamic (in this case, I'll abbreviate it as 'Stupid People') beyond their own participation,....

Sorry Rob, normally I'm a big fan, but this does sound a little like whining. Have some cake!
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

FB sheeples want contrived drama, the pseudospectacle, like Game of Thrones & fake wrestling (and rigged super bowls) .

They dont want any Real Deals, vigilantes, or food with actual nutritional value.

Thr whole Planking phenomenon opened my eyes, Facebook people are literally fapping to the idea of You Falling from a Great Height.

It is a human tragedy lol.
Do your part by buying the books your local library throws out.

I brlieve a man in Seattle beat me to it, started a subscription library. People make fun of him but he has the right to try to set standards lol.

Most public libraries have a few books around theedges a huge computer lab.

No hogging the security blanket, and when somrone actually jumps, drop the net a little.

Lol ;(
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

So Facebook sheeple are like any other people.
I really do hate the word sheeple, anyhoe we can let loose all the psycho babble we want and get no where...

It's odd that truth is seen as lies. Or is it.
Tons and tons of variables come into the equation. It's just the shits that people don't seem to understand where one is coming from or what he's trying to do.
Is this day and age we collectively have seem to lost the plot. We see any different idea as an attack on our beliefs. So I don't think it strange this happened to you Rob, Heck i'd be surprised if it indeed came as a surprise to you.

You Are No AssHole.
You probably have one, just like anybody else.

Pearls before swine anyone?

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I remember a bad experience a couple years back, Chili's restaurant was going to host National Autism Association for a luncheon in seattle. But because NAA told what they felt was truth regarding a link between some cases of autism and increasing vaccinations, at the very last minute the lunch was canceled with NAA being told And Don't Come Back.

A bunch of moms including a nurse were drawn into an email argument over this issue, and the moderators tried to censor it ie telling us to suspend conversation.

I left the group after saying the rule infringed on our first amendment rights and that chili's sucks for doing that to all the families planning to attend the NAA luncheon :(

Truth is not what the crapitalist corporate oligarch out here wants
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Truth in this case is knowledge of the books of Law I take it.
Nothing hard about that. A lot maybe, but not that hard.
It deals with agreements that are made and put to paper. It deals with a Judge interpreting the letter of the law and determining how it applies to a set of circumstances. That interpretation is often after being determent not up for debate..

In these cases what is truth (in case of the law) is usually very clear. I am not talking about the circumstances here..
Now if one would say you would win every time when you say <insert some juristic jargo and lingo here about being sovereign) And then Rob would point out "uhm actualy you won't win that way, maybe infuriate the judge bit not win."

Who's the asshole then..

Were not talking about some multi interpretable piece of ancient sumarian text here.
Neither some inate human truth (available only to deep meditators or for just $99 if you call now.
With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil »

Hi All, look what the cat dragged in, or dog? (Catch phrasing from another infamous member of nefarious forums, you know who you are). :lol:

Many lovely peoples' here I know from other places...

Jeez, Your Lordship - whatcha bitchin' about now? lol...carrying on like an old Sheila...

Good to see you all here.

Love Cruella de Vil
(AKA Lily de Cuir, Sooz, Zed. Have I forgotten any other nom de plumes?)

How have you all managed to post pics as your avatars? Ones I've used in the past very easily, just don't cut the mustard here.

Any tips, let me know.

Anyway good to be here. :D (Norman sent me here, blame him).

Much Love to you all.

Cruella de Vil
x
Cruella de Vil

Post by Cruella de Vil »

Will be back later at another time.

Late here in Oz, have a 5 hour cooking gig tomorrow. Must get some shut-eye, 11.30pm here now.

Sooz

Return to “General discussions”