Music for listening.

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Anders

Re: Music for listening.

Post by Anders »

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I see no one has posted here in a while, and this may even have been posted before. My daughter and I listened to this song driving across Snoqualmie pass at night in a major snow storm many years ago. It was kind of surreal, with semi-trucks almost running me off the road, having to stop on the very dangerous side of the road and crawl around in the snow to put chains on, and having a serious case of white knuckle fever. I'll never forget that trip and always think of it now whenever I hear this song. Great travel song though.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/DLOth-BuCNY[/youtube]
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

First off, as a son of the South it's hard to imagine driving in such conditions to begin with. No thanks... :?

I first read this on my phone, so was surprised to scroll down and see Dark Side Of The Moon as the described accompanying background music. I was thinking like Radar Love, Paradise By The Dashboard Light, something along those lines.

White knuckle driving in a stow storm to Dark Side Of The Moon, I'll bet that WAS surreal LOL!
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I can't tell you how many times I've done white knuckle driving up here, Fred, having lived in this area most of my adult life. Quite a few near death experiences too! But snow fascinates me, especially when I think about the individual crystals of ice that make it up, and how they form beautiful geometric patterns. I miss the snow when I am away from it too long, as when I lived in Southern California for a few years. I always come back here. Here is what I listened to this morning. I got to see Annie Lennox in concert many years ago. I think she is amazing.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/FYFUqxypkbA[/youtube]
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Wow, that was amazing Christine! I hit the play button and as soon as it started to play our kitty, Miss Zoey, got up from where she was laying and came over and curled up on my neck and gave me the biggest dose of lovin! She must have liked it too, and I was in heaven for awhile there.
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Beautiful Christine and great find, my heart is full right now :-) .
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Almost posted this in Spiritwind's farm thread, but figured it better off here. :)
Spiritwind wrote: and make a toast to all the great things we can and will envision for the coming year.

LOL, that picture reminds me of the scene where they toast in Rocky Horror Picture Show, and the midnight show theater audience again participates by throwing toast on stage and all over the place. Whew, time warp!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-lF106Dgk8[/youtube]

Socrates
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Fred, even though I know it's a cult classic, I never saw Rocky Horror Picture Show. I'd be backing out of the room myself. That was pretty weird.
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

They certainly weren't shy about letting the freak flag fly! :o

Socrates

Return to “Express yourself”