HTML tutorial HTML tutorial

Farm Life

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
LostNFound

Re: Farm Life

Postby LostNFound » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:26 pm

Meanwhile down on the farm, The people struggle but it is good, it builds the soul and gives the spirit a complete rejoice. A Cat has left its harsh flesh to fly in the heavens. A horse could be cold but the people provide a warmth in many ways. The Goats, yes the goats, so raunchy and encapsulated with natures impulses. They eat, sleep, procreate and endure the cold. Such wonders they are. Spring is coming and the moisture that is always needed will soak deep and the new life will spring forth as the peoples spirits grow so much more toward enlightenment. Yes another day comes and goes and all the moments that it holds are imprinted on the inner universe of the mind. The river flows and life grows.

Love your farm Spiritwind
Steven

maggie

Postby maggie » Tue Feb 12, 2019 11:41 pm

LostNFound wrote:
Love your farm Spiritwind
Steven

I do also so thanks for your sharings. Maggie

Spiritwind

Postby Spiritwind » Thu Feb 14, 2019 4:41 pm

Another week gone by already. I think I naively said something about an early spring, since it had been a fairly mild winter and some of the goats are starting to shed. What came in like a lamb is going out like a lion though. We’ve had 5 times the average amount of snow for February here, so it’s making up for lost time. My husband was unable to go to work on Tuesday due to the snow, and we spent most of the day shoveling paths down to the goats. Heck with the driveway. And now we’re all beat up from it.

I had to go get hay a full week earlier than I had hoped due to moldy hay. The guy did say he would replace any bad bales, but I had to bring them back. Some I didn’t know were moldy till I opened them up, which makes taking them back kind of challenging. I can’t just have half a dozen crappy bales of hay sitting around in the hay barn because I don’t have the room, plus I gave some of what I could salvage to the deer. They are coming around everyday now. They do catch on quick. But I found another place to get it, and it turned out to be better hay for less money. Yesterday was the only break in the weather we’re expecting to get, so at least now I should be good for almost a month. Can’t get the pickup down to the hay barn right now, so may just be taking it off the truck a bale at a time, but I can live with that for now.

And, the kitchen drain is still froze up. At least the bathroom sink is working okay, even if it is a pain in the behind to have to do dishes in it. It’s weird how adaptable we can become. I’m saying can, because we really don’t want to have to. I’ve noticed we’re all creatures of habit, even all the animals. The goats get downright upset when you change things around. But then, they adapt, and so do we. We may kick and scream, but in the end, resistance is futile. It is what it is.

I don’t know if I mentioned it or not, but I did become an affiliate for Hempworx. I had tried out that free bottle I won over 6 months ago, and really felt the difference. But being the doubting Thomas that I am, I wasn’t absolutely sure it wasn’t just a fluke that I felt so much better. Then we got our first bottle since joining up and went through it in about three weeks, since my husband jumped on the bandwagon too. We ran out and have had to wait to order more. I would say if the difference is as noticeable as it was both times before, we can safely assume it really is the CBD oil that is making us feel so much better. I have some plasma products to try out too, which I’ve been too busy to experiment with yet. Having an arsenal of items for staying healthy and mobile is a good thing, especially nowadays.

But I still want to get a small tractor. No matter how you slice it up, we need to reduce the physical demands of our current lifestyle. And sell some goats. I have the ad out, but no one is anxious to buy goats right now, and probably won’t be until we quit getting hit with snow storm after snow storm. I do have a couple people who want to do some breeding with our bucks, but even that has had to wait. By the next installment here, the herd will have grown, for sure. With 5 girls pregnant I’m guessing somewhere between 10-12 kids. And I am still scrambling to get ready. We did put up the fencing to block off a pen in the back area of one of the shelters, but I still have to muck out the big barn. I’ll probably be doing that this morning before the next storm rolls through later on today. My neighbor did also help me trim little Hazel’s hooves. He did kind of have to just grab her around the middle and roll with her from side to side so I could do my thing. She is such a brat, but still, cute as a button.

I actually feel quite honored to be a part of the birthing process with the girls. I have always felt that both the process of birthing as well as dying and leaving the physical as very spiritually imbued events. There is just something about it that feels holy, sacred somehow. My own birthing experiences with my three children were likewise some of the most special moments in my life, where I was more fully present than at most any other times in my life. With all the hustle and bustle and demands of just being here and meeting life’s daily requirements, these moments remind me of what it’s all about. I can’t speak for anyone else, but my capacity to hold, feel, radiate, and act in a more loving and aware manner has increased exponentially throughout my life. It takes very little to make me cry these days, and laugh also. Despite how the world really is, as that awareness has grown too, I feel as though I’ve found a vein of pure gold.

I mean, learning to love without conditions, without expectations, despite what the world demands of us, and the upside down way things are organized in this particular construct of reality is not something to take lightly. So many people I know are struggling to make sense of it all, and struggling with just being here. There are quite a few I know who I would just love to have a magic wand for. But maybe I miss the point. Each of us, to some extent, must find out own way. That doesn’t mean we can’t be there for one another, though, and offer our support. We just can’t take on another’s burden. Learning to love is an inside job, and I know of no easy way. It is also a choice. One, which for me, I can’t imagine not having made. Why choose hate? Why choose bitterness and revenge? Where does it really get you? No where, from what I can see. I’ve literally seen people get bitter and die that way, alienating those that love them when they need them the most. I would not want to go out that way. And nothing is for certain. We don’t know, any of us, how long we will be here, and I can’t help but think that it is up to each one of us to rise to the occasion, and choose to become the best version of ourselves we can be. No one to blame. Even all the trauma I’ve experienced, in a way, just doesn’t matter anymore. Most of it was inflicted by those who really didn’t know how to be any different than they were. And I know I have hurt others through my own ignorance.

No, now is the time to love with total abandon. And with that I will bid you adieu.

Except, thank you Steven and Maggie! I’m glad someone actually reads here, even though I mostly post for my own benefit. It is strangely therapeutic, and it’s even helped with remembering when certain things happened on occasion. My record keeping skills aren’t always reliable, LOL.

And one last thing, I hope I don’t get in trouble for. I would like to leave a link here for hempworx, in case someone is interested in knowing more. It has really helped with pain relief and even circulation and digestive issues, as well as balancing out ones sense of well being. I noticed that it just seems to smooth out the bumps, so that no matter what is happening I feel more in control of my inner landscape, for lack of a better way to put it. I am looking forward to using it with our animals too.

Http://www.Hempworx.com/LaurieThompson
May the song from within come forth, Expressing itself as it may
With nary a thought or worry, For how else to spend the day
- by Me : )

Return to “Express yourself”