A sobering story

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Naga_Fireball

A sobering story

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Unfortunately my spouse & i got into a long term spat over the # of evenings & trips to liquor store that occur on behalf of this friend of his in Seattle.

Apparently this friend protected my spouse in high school from violence. It was not a well managed high school and the kids were angry about bus rides being so long & they had gang wars. Etc.

Well many of you know my personality tends toward explosion before introspection. I blew up on my hub and even wondered if it was a sexual problem.

I went to great lengths to phrase non threatening yet preachy advice for his situation. We live currently in separate cities so it's easy to preach at him in texts. . Eek.

Well last week even though I'd stopped drinking, I fell off the wagon indirectly by giving a dollar to a local alcoholic bum.

At the same store later that day a homeless alcoholic was arrested for trying to leave with a beer.

That evening I had my encounter with the juvenile gangster and his friend. At the crossroads of Catherine and Newell street was the big end of the confrontation.

Last night and this morning I read some articles about the god of the crossroads. As some of you are aware, I do informally worship a few of the old gods in spite of my upbringing.

The articles said, the god of the crossroads can manifest as evil children, gangs, two pit bulls, etc. So many different manifestations. But he is jealous and he is mighty, and demands immediate respect when people cross boundaries.

Today at the bus station in WW the man I gave the dollar to was being strapped onto a gurney and loaded into an ambulance right as I arrived.

This is all a bit much for me today.
So much guilt.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A sobering story

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. one of these homeless name is Patrick and people will be doing St Patrick's Day this Friday, iirc

@@ wtfffff

Needs a Screaming Shamrock gif
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A sobering story

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Good news,
A local informed me that the guy I gave the dollar to was a Stan, not a Patrick, apparently Patrick is a bigger guy lol

But the weird bit is, i talked to this uber clairvoyant Native (Navajo!!) at El Sol the same day I was arrested in 2013. Drank too much that evening.. was super odd behavior even for me, lol.

What is it with that place. Heh
~William Cowper

Return to “Express yourself”