Letter to my Children

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

Letter to my Children

Post by Spiritwind »

The following image was posted by Michael Lotus from Russia on FB. Not sure if he took it himself, but wanted to give credit.

Letter to my Children

Someday I will be gone from this physical existence, and all that will be left is the memory of me by those who at least knew a part of me. And even then, it will be only partial, tainted by beliefs, emotions, assumptions, expectations, and snapshots of various me’s from their own perspective, their own bubbles of reality.

And those I love will go with me in my heart, my deep inner chamber, and well of unexpressed emotions, both joyful and sad, both proud and full of longing. My three grown children are on my mind today, as I contemplate growing older. I realize more acutely all the time how little we really know one another. But then, even just getting to know oneself can be a lifelong endeavor.

I yearn for them, for those days when I held them close, and they were a part of my everyday life. I never thought a time would come when they became so far away. Not by distance, but in spirit. I realize I don’t even know who they are anymore, and maybe never did. For I, too, have lived life in my own little bubble of perception. Do my children even know how much of an alien I feel I am to this reality, to this realm of existence? How I have never felt like I belong here at all.

As the years have gone by I have retreated from the outside world more and more, just to maintain some semblance of sanity and balance. It feels very hostile “out there”. I have created a life that sort of works for me. It took a long time to get here. For the most part I am at peace within myself. I have discovered many things about living in a physical body and existence in relationships with others, that was not taught to me and many never go there at all. What I mean to say is that I have questioned everything since I got here this time around, and not accepted that what I was being told was actually true, or representative of what is real, or truly meaningful in this existence. It turns out that most of what I was taught had to be thrown out, and replaced by real experience. Having an extremely contemplative nature has brought about a depth of understanding that I would never have guessed would occur, and brought me to a place where I feel like an alien even to my own children. Who really are they? I admit, I do not know.

I want to know, but all I see are the physical aspects, and not the depth of their soul and potential to grow in this lifetime. Who will they become? Will I be allowed in to share even a glimpse of the true inner terrain of their spirit? And how do I know if they will ever have the courage to confront the gatekeepers who must be slain in order to reach those inner depths? I don’t know that either.

And that is why I write today. For God is real. And God IS love. There is no space between. All is aglow with the spirit of creator. The lesson I’ve learned that means the most to me is how well I tend my inner garden and manifest it into my surroundings. It is what matters most. How to embody that love, and how to live an authentic life is the only question that matters to me any more. I can’t control what others think, say, and do. I may wish there was a greater flow of love between us, of giving and receiving, but it cannot be forced, it can only be weeded and watered, and provided with good seed and soil.

Will any of this be understood. Quite possibly not. But I do feel a light growing within me, that makes all else pale in comparison, and makes this shit show of a reality seem so ridiculously wasteful. We allow it to be as dark as it is, and it does directly have to do with running from our inner demons. They are the gatekeepers, always undermining all efforts to break free. They are petty tyrants, and pretty successful, for the most part. I do see my children pushing back, at least trying to understand from their own bubbles of reality, in their efforts to make life work better for them. And I guess they will have to figure it out on their own, as it is indeed an inside job. But I do wish I could share in the process a little more. I miss them. They are here, and I am here, but yet we are apart. And by the time they figure out it may have been a good idea to get to know me better (if they ever do), it will be too late. But it will never be too late for love. For love is eternal. And it is what actually creates. The love that I have cultivated in this lifetime is also eternal. It will always be there, just a thought away. They can move into that field any time they choose. And they can meet me there.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Janus Quirinus

Re: Letter to my Children

Post by Janus Quirinus »

"Someday I will be gone from this physical existence, and all that will be left is the memory of me by those who at least knew a part of me."

Not exactly an ideal premise to start with, but the rest of his letter is sound and full of common sense. Or is this your letter?

Technically, if he leaves behind progency, a name, photos and films, a brand, etc., then he's not really gone from physical existence, is he? Plus, everybody leaves behind an imprint/impression with their thoughts, words, and deeds, especially during moments of trauma.

There is not a single individual who can be eliminated from history except by omission and negligence. But when people try to eliminate individuals forcibly, it usually achieves the opposite desired effect, as seen with Julian's reconstructed essay and the mania surrounding Hitler/Stalin (the hypocrisy of shunning their greatness while parading around the triune values of power, glory, and honour, as seen in man's celebration of Sun Tzu's Art of War, more like cunning and deceit).

"And even then, it will be only partial, tainted by beliefs, emotions, assumptions, expectations, and snapshots of various me’s from their own perspective, their own bubbles of reality."

I wish I could inform him that he could find comfort in the realization that there does exist an objective globe memory (not talking about some Akashic records), in which the real, untainted history of mankind has been safely preserved and from which lost history can be reconstructed by intuitive researchers.

If the Akashic records really contained everything we needed to know, then it'd have hindered development nonetheless since nobody would've learned from real experience. Besides, what kind of deity would entrust access to such an archive to fallible men? If anyone gifted with clairvoyance (a fairly common phenomenon in times of decline), let alone self-tutored seers, had access to it, then most of our problems would be resolved by now.

The only objective clairvoyants in human history were either Roman Vestals in a past life or familiar with Chaldean astrology.

"It turns out that most of what I was taught had to be thrown out, and replaced by real experience." Rightly said, life consists of a series of reevaluations, spoken like one endowed with the wisdom of age.

"We allow it to be as dark as it is, and it does directly have to do with running from our inner demons." Have you heard of the composer Alma Deutscher? I perceive in her work a protest against conventions and that her merit is that she has given expression to those thwarted yearnings for beauty, along the lines of Chopin and Mozart (although she's not a second Mozart).
"Much has been, much will be, and in the middle of past and future lies the present. But the present is always only the interval of half a breath; there are no means to measure it." - Sajaha

project

Return to “Express yourself”