Trusting your Instincts

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

Trusting your Instincts

Post by Spiritwind »

Trusting your instincts, and how to distinguish the light from the dark.

To me this is a very important topic. First off, I want to make clear here, that the term dark is being used to describe that which we cannot face within, manifesting outwardly in our outer realities. If, as I have learned to do, you see each event and circumstance (I recognize the manifestation of the undeviating justice in all the circumstances of my life) as an opportunity to deepen self understanding, you will no longer be able to even see your outer opposers as enemy, but instead as your teacher. For me, it really has become like living in a different reality than almost everyone around me. And for some reason I do not fear death, as I have died many times, and know there really is no death. A departure from the physical realm, from time to time, but the life force that animates me can never die, it only changes form.

A line from the Zoo Story comes to mind; sometimes you have to go a long ways, to come back a short distance. It seems it's taken me a long time, in this current body, to figure out that the game really is all about distinguishing between what something looks like, or can be made to look like, and what something feels like. It's all about discernment. I can give several examples.

My great grandfather was a self made wealthy real estate developer, who traveled in circles way beyond my pay grade. But he was also very learned in the value of deception in climbing that elusive ladder to some imagined state of success. He would make a big show, and put on an elaborate and extensive advertising campaign, that included creating whole imaginary town fronts, and hiring actors to make it look real. Clearly no conscience operating there, but that's called success.

Another example would be my observations in nature, with specifically wolves coming to mind. I have noticed that most people seem to have strong emotions about the wild, and actually quite a lot of fear in some cases. But people who have spent their lives immersed in nature, often have come to understand that it is all in being able to discern and size up a situation as it presents itself. I was fortunate enough to have spent some time around some wolf hybrids, with the mother being 80%. A friend had to move suddenly and we took care of them until she got resettled. They are not like regular dogs in many ways.

It's actually a long story I won't tell here, the many ways they impacted my life, but suffice it to say it was a treasured experience for which I will be forever grateful. After this, I actually had what looked like a white wolf appear one day while driving back country roads in a heavily wooded area. It ran along the side of the road briefly, as if running with the car, and then disappeared into the woods. Around this same time, my husband was working on a remodel job in the mobile home park we were managing, that was located some half hour drive from the city, and had what he described as looking like a large white wolf come up through the gate, onto the porch, and peered inside the door, as if looking for someone. These were perceived as positive experiences of feeling the wonder of the natural world as a flow of communication of sorts, one that enriches life.

I had another experience, though, that presented itself in an entirely different way, and required a different response. This experience happened when I was living in a rural area with my then 4 year old daughter. The close neighbor had a female lab that had come into heat. There was a huge male Shepherd mix dog that had been coming around, known to be somewhat aggressive. One morning I was preparing to make a road trip and was putting things in the car while my daughter stood in the driveway, between the car and our home. It was also a heavily wooded area, thankfully. Anyway, the dog came running up from nowhere rather fast, as if on a mission. I did not get a good vibe. In rather a split second I intuited it's intentions, as he was eyeing my daughter. I quickly looked around, to see what my options were. I knew I didn't have time to grab my daughter and make a run for it to the porch. I saw the perfect tree limb laying on the ground. I made the decision to stand my ground. I grabbed the stick, and made a slightly forward aggressive stance, waving my arms with the stick in one hand, and making crazy primal sounds, and then started moving towards him, as he was growling and deciding whether he wanted to test my bluff or run away. To my relief, he turned and ran off through the woods.

This kind of discernment even goes for dreams. I have had two dreams, that I can remember clearly, with spiders. In the first one there was a small dark wooden engraved rectangular box, with purple velvet lining. It was about half way open, and had a beautiful spider web that spanned the partially open area of the box. The two spiders were orange bodied and round, with yellow legs. I woke from this dream with a very good feeling about the energy that seemed to underly what my inner dreamscape was trying to convey. It was vivid and remains so to this day, although the dream took place over 25 years ago.

I had another very vivid and detailed dream a little over ten years ago, also featuring spiders. Not wanting to go into all the details, let me just say that the dream in this case, which featured a variety of small to larger black spiders crawling through what looked liked a hole, or crack, of some kind in the ceiling, had a decidedly ominous feeling about it. There were people outside in hazmat suits, and a lot more going on. I woke up deeply disturbed, and the after affects lingered for days.

Hopefully, these examples have helped illustrate what it is I am really trying to say, and that is, don't judge a book by it's cover. Or, don't jump to conclusions based on preconceived ideas to the point of it becoming a belief system that biases what you are able to see and perceive, and because of what you expect to see and be true. Considering the deceptive overlay that has permeated this reality, to such an enormous degree that you can no longer afford to accept, without question, what the self proclaimed authority figures want us to believe, it is imperative that we take those blinders off, and quick.

Otherwise, that nice little sheep, that is dressed in a pretty dress, but whose fangs are showing and has drool running down from, just might eat you. Conversely, you might just shoot the wolf, who is actually coming to impart a valuable message from the spirit world just for you. Learn to know and trust your instincts, for all you need to know is already there.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Express yourself”