One Eye Open

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Naga_Fireball

One Eye Open

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Blue black steely light cuts through
the shadows by the road and you
Are out there somewhere breathing
And I'm grieving too

Behind the wheel, I'm barely there
A ghost ship shining through the air
Appearing here and anywhere
There's trouble

Waiting in the shadows I
Saw you smile while riding by
I heard you breathe, you heard me sigh
With one eye open

I can't hold you- i hug the road
Feel its curves resist the load
As if the hounds of hell once rode
Across our common path

In the mirror sparkling wildly
I see the moon's sphere swinging widely
A pendulum of fury bearing down
Upon the earth

Cutting through the gravel road
I turn my ship around and so
By the doing better able to see the face
Before my eyes

With one eye open
The universe stares right into me
I stare back for as long as I can stand
And unable to bear the weight, I flee

And while I'm running in the moonlight
Dreaming with one eye open
I wonder from time to time
If you dream of me

Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Spiritwind

Re: One Eye Open

Post by Spiritwind »

Wow, that's some powerful stuff there girl! I love the visuals to go along with it. Enjoyed very much - the images popped out in my mind's eye as I read along.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Thank you for the encouraging words :) dear Spiritwind.

We certainly have our share of 'Lost Highway' in WW, a wrong turn can be pretty frightening especially if you didn't mean to go all the way to Oregon, haha.

You know what's odd, there used to be some really good woodcuts viewable on Google describing antiquated notions of actual lunacy, ie men and women dancing in the streets when moon comes on... some of these were included in the more popular Reader's Digest books. It's sad when shit just disappears or gets buried by commercial stuff... eek.

Irish lore is very hard to eradicate because our people did a good job recording their history. It is redundant and written down in lots of places. But that's not to say that TPTB wouldn't love to wipe us out.

There is a reason the scotch irish married lots of the native Americans. We are not that much different hehe.

They pound a drum, we pound the beer, we all like to dance lol. Jk I've been dry for days and it's horrible.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Rabbit Medicine

Rabbit is interpreted in different ways in different cultures. In China, it is one of the astrological animals and linked too good fortune and the moon. People born under Rabbits sign are believed to be artistic and sensitive. The Rabbit is also linked with the goddess Hecate. In some Native American traditions Rabbit is known as the Fear Caller, due to it projecting its fear of those wishing to eat it, and thereby attracting the predators it fears.Ever heard the phrase scared as a rabbit? Well, rabbits are well known as timid, shy and afraid creatures. We can learn from the rabbit that if we are always afraid of something then we may draw/create the very experience we are afraid of in to our lives. Fear sends out a certain vibrational energy that may attract the very thing we fear. Fearful thoughts reproduce (like rabbits) and manifest what we fear. Rabbit people may be afraid of tragedy, illness, and disaster, thereby calling those very fears to them to teach them lessons

If a rabbit lives in constant fear of being eaten by an eagle, then this increases the chances of this happening by sending out negative energy. The rabbit should dedicate his time and energy to becoming clever and cautious in order to outwit the eagle. If the rabbit finds you then ask yourself whether you are worried or afraid of something. Ask yourself what the best way to handle the situation is. Are you able to let go of your fears? Is there a friend who is able to help you, someone whom you trust? Whatever, living with fear is no good for you.

Rabbits are guides into the shadow world, where our personal fears lie. When the rabbit shows up it is time to examine those deep reflexive fears that hold you back from growing. Do you keep bounding for the safety of your old patterns every time something new or challenging presents itself? If the answer is yes, the rabbit asks you to face your fears with compassion for yourself. You must accept that it is part of human nature to feel fear at times, but also believe that our fears need not paralyze our growth and movement.

Rabbit medicine is also very positive, showing us how to attract love, abundance, health, and a warm, dry burrow. We are guided to move through fear, living by our own wits, receiving hidden teachings and intuitive messages, quick thinking, strengthening intuition, and paradox. Rabbit represents humility, being quiet and soft and not self-asserting. If you see Rabbit or in any way feel attracted to him, this may be a sign for you to wait for the forces of the universe to start moving again, to stop worrying and to get rid of your fears. Rabbit always indicates a need to re-evaluate the process you are undergoing, to rid yourself of any negative feelings or barriers, and to be more humble.

Rabbits are vegetarians. Though they are eating, they are always alert. They eat the inner bark of saplings and shrubs as well as leaves and fruit, giving a perfect illustration of Nature’s balance. Their rapid rate of reproduction is balanced out by the fact that almost every predatory animal eats them. This power animal may be asking you to examine the kinds of foods you eat. Perhaps a vegetarian diet, only for a short time, can help you strengthen and heal. Generally rabbits are most likely to be seen between dawn and dusk. The sun rising and setting from horizon to horizon has an air of mystery surrounding it. This is the time when the invisible becomes visible and nature spirits are more distinct. Due to the rabbit and the fairy realms being active at the same time of day, rabbit has a strong link with the magic and mystery of other worlds. To enter these worlds requires but a leap of faith. Rabbits are highly sensitive with keen observational skills, granting them strong reflexes that help them dash to safety. In the time it takes to bat an eyelid, they can be seen, disappear and reappear. Fast, agile and clever, they teach us spontaneous decisive movement, always knowing which direction to go and when. When rabbit appears, this may help us to grasp an opportunity that may only present itself for brief moments.

Rabbits tend to move suddenly and unpredictably. They leap and bound their way through life. If rabbit has entered your life, you may find tat your endeavours also go in leaps and bounds. Maybe this is an indication for you to plan more or to check any plans already set in motion. Do not corner yourself. Pay attention to your personal movement. Growth is assured if one is moving in balance with what is occurring in their life. If one moves too fast or too slow an imbalance occurs and growth is stifled.

We are able to realise what a good teacher Rabbit is in showing us that we are the creators of our lives with our thoughts and emotions. Rabbit feels fear and projects it, creating in the external world situations reflecting the inner world of fear. For us, this is an important lesson. Affirmations, involve focusing on what you want in life and positive outcomes. Thoughts have a certain energy frequency, creating a vibration aiding them to become reality. Just as true when you think about and focus on what you don’t want to happen, a lot of the time we don’t even do this on purpose we do it automatically and even subconsciously, gathering strength unknowingly. This makes it extremely necessary to bring our fears into consciousness – into the light, treating them with gentleness.

Rabbit ability of being alert and aware of its surroundings ALL the time, can help us be aware that we ALL have the power to create with our thoughts and to be aware of them, to redirect them on a positive path and to be focused on our dreams, not allowing our focus to be distracted from our intentions with negative emotions, especially from actualising our wishes and dreams.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Express yourself”