Farm Life

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

Re: Farm Life

Post by Spiritwind »

I kinda don’t want to write anything today, but I’m going to make a stab at it anyway. I generally try to keep my posts upbeat, but sometimes most of what comes to mind to write about are not exactly uplifting.

Today is one of those days. I’m not miserable, or even terribly unhappy, even though the ride here has gotten bumpy lately. As I have alluded to elsewhere, we had a tragic event occur here on the farm, on Monday, January 20 (Martin Luther King Day). It should be easier to write about now, especially since I already wrote about it, but strangely it isn’t. I’ve worked hard to try and put it all in perspective, and I’ve certainly cried rivers over it already. But still, the loss lingers. Maybe it always will.

Anyway, on this day (1/20) I found my three primary milking goats, one pregnant, all lying dead in their pen. A cougar had jumped the fence, and fairly instantly broke their necks. It happened in the early morning hours, before we get up (we get up around 6 am), and somehow neither one of us woke up and felt/heard something going on. The dogs had been barking even when we went to bed, so fell asleep to the sound. The neighbor dog was barking too, but that dog will bark hysterically at nothing at all, even me going out to feed.

It still seems bizarre, because both of us have demonstrated our ability to feel when something is off, doesn’t feel right, and my husband has demonstrated even a bit of precognition. One night he insisted we keep the dogs in the fence, for no apparent reason, and that night two pit bulls arrived (and we are very rural), one, a female in heat, and the other a male who wasn’t about to let her out of his sight. They didn’t bother the goats, except to check them out from the other side of the fence, but if our dogs had not been in, there definitely would have been a terrible scene unfolding that night. The male kept charging the fence, and our male wanted it badly. Fortunately, thanks to my husbands foresight, nothing bad happened that night, and we’ve never seen them again.

The thing is, we both did wake up. The night/early morning our goats were attacked, other than weird dreams, we had no idea. So that is still a wonderment to me. I even walked right by on my way to get hay for everyone and didn’t notice until I came back to put hay in their feeder. The shock was total, as in, I couldn’t believe what my eyes were showing me. I screamed, and screamed, and screamed, NO!!!! NO!!!! NO!!!! over and over and over, for I don’t even know how long. I was worried that whatever got them, and I immediately knew it was a cougar, might still be around, so I called my husband, still sort of screaming. He, of course, wanted me to go back in the RV to be safe. But, I had the 4 Nigerian Dwarfs in the other large pen by the horse, and wasn’t about to leave them there to also become a casualty. I ran to the RV, and grabbed a protection device, and ran back out to drag those 4 goats to the bigger barn, where I kept the other 4 younger girls (the kids of the three moms who died) overnight.

I’m fairly certain that after my intense screaming, the cougar was having second thoughts about returning right away, but I wasn’t taking any chances. The girls were completely freaked out, so it wasn’t easy to do. They didn’t want to be where they were, but they didn’t want to go anywhere else either. But, I managed to get them all in there. So at least they were all secure. The boys would have to wait until my husband got home, because I couldn’t do it by myself, and their fence was at least considerably taller, about 7 1/2 feet, even though still not tall enough. And my husband did immediately leave work, and made record time getting home. I went in and called the local sheriff’s department, who had someone from the Wildlife, Fish, and Game Department call me. It wasn’t even too long after my husband got home that he arrived.

I did not take a closer look at the crime scene, due to not really wanting to know how bad it was, as it was gruesome enough as it was. Plus, I didn’t want to linger there for other obvious reasons. The dogs, especially Ranger, looked completely bewildered. But there was nothing they, either of them, could have done. It took him about a week to recover, and he is still not eating like he was. The ranger who came called in a local guy who had a number of tracking dogs, and within just several hours they had tracked the animal down. It was about a 110 pound male, had a broken leg, where bone was actually showing through, and was somewhat emaciated. So, it had been desperate for a meal, as it couldn’t hunt normal prey anymore, and had reached the point of throwing caution to the wind. I’m so glad our dogs didn’t try and take it on, or I would have had either more death, or vet bills. Besides, it came from the most vulnerable area where there was fairly deep snow and rough terrain.

I thought it didn’t even get a meal, but my husband informed me that it must have been there at least long enough to get a few bites, as the leg it chewed off was partially eaten. But, it didn’t get much and ran back off into the woods, leaving all three of them behind. A normal healthy cougar, I now know, can in some cases go over a 9 foot fence with a deer in its mouth. That’s what my husband told me the ranger actually saw one do. That’s sobering, as I’ve walked up and down this road, and into the woods, with these goats probably 100-150 days a year, for 5 1/2 years, feeling a need for awareness, but still fairly safe. My neighbor has lived up here for around 35 years, and walks the 1/2 mile or so access road all the time, too.

The funny thing is, we do often feel something watching us, but as we’ve all had personal experience with the big hairy characters who live around here, we don’t find that all that alarming either. Another little thing that came to mind, was that I had a dream with Ballerina in it, about a week before this happened. I don’t remember much about it, except she was laying with her head in my lap, and I was stroking her face while she looked at me with that look of love and affection. I wondered what it meant. I still wonder what it meant. I miss her. I miss all three of them, terribly.

But, I know shit can happen. There are a couple more interesting odd tidbits. I’ve blabbed on and on about the astrological potential of this time we’re in, with specific emphasis on January through March of this year. A line up of planets in Capricorn. One of Capricorn’s symbols is the goat. In my particular chart I have Mercury in my first house at 25 degrees of Capricorn. And, Mercury just happens to be the planet that rules my 6th house, of work, health, and livestock. Livestock. Pluto and Saturn pretty much right on top of Mercury. Capricorn, the goat. Like, slap me in the face. I knew there could be some hardship surrounding the animals, but this for some reason, what happened, just didn’t seriously cross my mind. My animals were all healthy, doing good.

I did get a message from a woman who wanted to bring her goats over to breed to my bucks. But, as she neglected to pay me for last year when I leant her Bob, I wasn’t really wanting to do it, for any amount of money. I was quite happy to have my numbers down, and did not really want to trudge through the snow, to feed, water, and otherwise care for 5 more goats. She said she found someone closer, thankfully. And the thought that they may have been here when this attack happened makes me shudder to even think of the possibilities there.

So, all in all, I guess we could have done more to prevent it. But then, most of the folks out here with goats don’t have a better situation than we do, and some even less set up than we are. It was kind of a freak thing. Cougars will go for small dogs down by the lake a couple miles down the road, as one was nabbed on a walk a few years ago as the story goes. But they seem to congregate down by that lake. There are game trails that go through here, but my neighbor hasn’t ever seen one himself in all the years he has lived out here. He has heard them, though. It’s certainly made me think more about how to balance that fine line, of living in harmony with nature, staying aware and respectful, but not to live in fear and paranoia either.

I did put the boys in a 6x12 foot kennel with a top on it, and a large dog igloo inside, up until yesterday. It’s way too small to keep them in, though, so we moved them back to their original pen. I have to weight their daily health and well being against the potential danger. Sometimes, I just go with what I feel is best, and have to let it go.

The other drama currently playing out in our lives is my husbands job has gotten quite bizarre. As of today, my husband is owed for 4 weeks of pay, two of which should have been received on Monday. But, the checks everyone received had no money in the account to cover them. It’s definitely looking like the guy is just going to string everyone out as far as he can, and then just jump ship, as in, abandon the business, which just happens to be a 96 room 3 story hotel. If there weren’t a few conscientious people who keep coming to work, despite what seems obvious, the building would be left completely unmanned, and there are several people who’ve already paid up for the whole month of February who are still staying there. One of the attorney’s for the owner is hopefully going to speed things up, as at present they do not have legal right to re-occupy the building. What a deal.

Of course, I’ve been sort of writing about this general scenario playing out during this time period, so I am not surprised. What does surprise me, is the amount of lying, fraud, and dodging responsibility this guy has done, like he’s done it many times before. There is much more to this story and there is quite a trail of evidence, but I’ll leave it here for now.

So, this is, astrologically, an issue that affected work (6th house), and is a major upset, even if we did see it coming, so a kind of Plutonian/Saturnian kind of thing. I guess all this illustrates, that even with a bit of foreknowledge, we sometimes just can’t see the bigger picture, and all the possible ramifications. Plus, there is always how we respond to things that influence the full impact and outcome. I could go on, but my neighbor, who is visiting, keeps saying, “you’re writing an awful lot for someone who didn’t want to write anything”. There is always more, but I think I’ve covered the major highlights since I last wrote. Until we meet again...
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m working on several posts, and can’t seem to finish any of them. But, I’ll give it a whirl and see if I can stay with this long enough. As anyone reading here regularly knows, my husband has been going through quite an experience at his place of employment. Without going into great detail, although he will probably not recover the money that he is owed by his previous employer at the hotel he works at, he now has a different job working for the owners and managers of the building itself. It’s turned out rather well for him, and suddenly he does not have to be at work everyday, and is making more money than he was. So, I get to see more of him!

The only downside I can see, is that I often had endless hours alone to spend writing if I chose to. That has all changed, and I’m finding it difficult to adjust. I don’t really have to get up before the sun comes up now most days, and quite frankly, on those cold mornings I’m not really eager to crawl out of those warm comfortable blankets to start the generator, get a fire going, and feed the animals. And, I can’t leave the animals until I feel like to go feed anymore since I have started locking them up in enclosures overnight. We will be expanding their shelters as we can, but in the meantime they are in fairly small quarters. Since goats are kind of mean to each other, and especially since I have several that are pregnant, I feel the need to get out there first thing in the morning to let them all out. As much as I hate to admit it, I am much like my goats. I can adapt to change, but I am actually quite routine oriented and find it takes a bit to get comfortable with those changes.

And now it’s another day. Don’t even know where that one went. I’ve had some fairly wide energy fluctuations, from exuberant, get er done mode, to I need toothpicks to keep my eye lids open. Two out of the last three days have been like the latter. But, I’ll carry on here. Two things are strongly on my mind, that don’t directly have to do with farm life, but do have a wide ranging effect on many, and may affect me directly in the not so distant future. One is the coronavirus, and the second is the 5G roll out, both of which are coming or already here in the city nearest us. They brought several people to be treated to one of our local hospitals, reassuring the public there was no cause for concern.

They are also very busy installing the infrastructure for 5G in many neighborhoods in this same city, and have not had any public forums on the topic. A good friend has decided this must be remedied, and there is one coming up in just a couple days, with some very educated informed speakers lined up to help the community at large have a better understanding of what this technology is all about. I have no doubt this one event is going to create a bigger ripple in the continuum than is expected. My husband and I plan to be there.

I’ve been working on this post as my husband and I were driving to the Social Security Office this morning. I’m going to add my thoughts on this rather mundane exercise because it’s a great example of just how much things have changed in my short little life here. I remember when....you could go to this office and just walk in. You could walk up to the front desk, and, either your request could be handled on the spot, or you could wait for someone to help you, or make an appointment for later.

Now, when we arrived, there was a long line to get in the building, and we got there early. Just to get in the building you have to go through a metal detector, take your coat off, have a pat down if they think you need it, and they go through your belongings. Then, you get to sort of sign in at a kiosk, get a number, and go stand in another line, they call screening. They had 12 bays all together, with not all of them open, and the wait from there was about an hour. The total visit took about 2 hours, which was actually less than I feared, due to the stories I had heard. I had to go there in the first place, because, although I had applied for social security benefits online, I received a letter from them stating I needed to talk to someone about my earnings for a particular year. It turned out to be just a simple number mistake. I had called the number on that letter and left messages twice. No one took my call or got back to me either time. Then I called the office directly, and even there the person I got to talk to was only doing a sort of screening process to either make an appointment for someone to return your call, which I made, or wait on the line for up to 45 minutes for the appropriate person to take my call. Since our cell phone reception is terrible out here, I did not want that option, as my phone would almost surely drop the call in that amount of time.

What a bunch of malarkey. They gave me up to 10 business days that I could receive a call from them, around a time I had given them that was best to call. That way, I could make sure my phone was charged up and in a good spot to ring, and make sure I was around to receive that call during that time. I did this for 10 days. They never called me. So, that’s why I had to go in to begin with.

Now, it’s the next day, and, basically that’s how I spent my day yesterday. And, since I’m just blabbing about my life, I’ll continue to say what’s on my mind. Back to the coronavirus, they have 4 people they have brought to our local hospital for treatment, and the level of fear is palpably rising. They assure everyone how safe it is, as they have this special unit for just this kind of thing. Top of the line, you know. I do plan on stopping at my local Costco to stock up on a few items, should the need to hunker down and just not go anywhere arise.

My friend, who is facilitating this event on 5G, told me that if the roll out goes as planned, she’s selling her beautiful home and moving out of the city. I keep thinking about what I can do to energetically cancel these frequencies out. I know, intuitively, there is a way. I know others are wondering this too. All technology can be used for either benevolent intentions, or to control and harm.

Anyway, on to farm life. I admit, I’m quite preoccupied. So many projects to organize and get done here, especially while my husband has more time at home. We don’t know how long that will last. Gardening and goat birthing coming up. Speaking of goats, I did go get a new full blood, full size, pregnant Lamancha doe. Her name is Dotty, and it suits her. It goes well with naughty, and, since she is quite smart, much like Ballerina was, she is already showing signs of being the ringleader. She’s quite independent, and outspoken, like, loud. And her coloring is much like Firefly, and her daughter, Coco, the other two goats we lost. She is fitting right in. She was put in with a mini Lamancha buck, so her offspring, whether male or female, will be quite the bonus. A full size Lamancha, if milked twice a day, can produce up to a gallon. I’m quite excited.

We are still working on making bigger shelters, with some outdoor space that is covered for safety at night. Goats hate to be confined where they can’t see outside, and we don’t generally put windows in the barns. We are probably going to start our project to enclose another small area on the shelter that is down in the other pen, on the opposite side, after cutting a hole through what was two shelters back to back, today. That way, both sides will have a small covered area exposed to outside, and it should give them a decent amount of space. It’s, unfortunately going to be the perfect height for a midget. We plan to make another barn down in that pen sometime before winter, and then still keep this one for when we need to start separating kids overnight.

I’m also going to be able to get a laptop here in a couple weeks, to replace the one I have that doesn’t work anymore. It’s generally cheaper to get another one than to take one in to be fixed, unfortunately. Then, I’ll be able to post some pictures again. I do love the longer hours of daylight. The goats seem to like it too, acting kind of put out almost on the days I can’t take them out for a walk. Even though it often seems like the worlds gone mad, or at least, our awareness of what is really going on in our world seems to be coming in more clearly, at least for some of us, there is much beauty to be seen. I watch the goats as they run, and jump, twist their bodies in mid air; they just exude a sense of joy. I saw my first herd of elk here several weeks ago too, and it was amazing. There had to be a couple hundred animals. The resilience of life itself is something wondrous to behold.

I remind myself of that every single day. If we change our frequency, everything changes. Nature already knows how to do it. In fact, I would say she can teach us everything we need to know. Just because the prevailing narrative of the masses is being steered in a direction I don’t really want to go, it is very liberating to know I have a choice. I am grateful. And with that, I bid you adieu.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I definitely need to get my butt out the door, but feel moved to start writing this post as I sit and ponder the current state of affairs, both personal and collective. One thing’s for sure, this bug’s got the world bugged!

Like, nothing is ever going to be the same after this period of time. So weird to have written about this three month window of time, from January through March, and how there would be scenes unfolding that impacted me, and those close to me, as well as a collective event that would get everyone’s attention.

Now that we are smack dab in it, I find myself scrambling to make sense of it all. No doubt I’m not alone. So much is happening, and so fast, and much of it is out of my control. My husband was supposed to get his first paycheck from his new employer five days ago, and, we haven’t got our mail yet today, but so far it has still not arrived. With him getting cheated out of a months pay from the previous employer, this is not happening at the best time. Still, I planned for many months for some kind of hardship to occur during this time, so we are in much better shape than if I hadn’t.

We are seriously needing to get some hay, though. At least we are well stocked with TP, and didn’t have to panic when the stores suddenly became all sold out. And, strangely, the unexpected arrival of my younger son turned out to be mutually beneficial for both of us. He went back to work in Alaska, after visiting his girlfriend in the Philippines, and had been back for a week. In passing conversation he mentioned that his flight had stopped briefly in South Korea, and next thing you know, they were sending him out for a week of quarantine. Kind of ridiculous, if you ask me, since he had already exposed a ton of people, if he had it, for a full week.

We were wondering if we should break out the hazmat suits, to go pick him up at the airport, but seeings as how we didn’t have any, that wasn’t really an option. I consulted a couple of intuitive friends, checked in with my own, and strongly felt there wasn’t any danger, and decided to go with it. It was an interesting week. For one thing he always likes to take us out to eat. If I have more than one meal out, my health does some very strange things that quickly make me realize why I don’t eat that way anymore. I’m not just picky, I just don’t want to have that going on if I can help it, and I can. This was before the total panic set in around us.

He also helped us get some grain for the animals, and some last minute food items. It’s now later in the day from when I started this, and my husband still did not receive his paycheck. He is not a happy camper. Our cell phones, for some reason, are all not working, all three of them. No reception where we live at all for the last 3-4 days. Curious, that. And more than a little frustrating. All in all, it’s shaping up to be a perfect storm. The only thing I wasn’t able to stay ahead of here, was hay for the goats and horse (I’ve actually done really well this winter having just run out and none of it has been moldy), and the special dog food I have to get to keep our one Great Pyrenees from getting sick. What a bummer. But, I refuse, at least so far, to get my panties in a twist. I’ll just borrow some money from someone, to get them through until my husband’s pay gets sorted out. Hate to ask, but I will for them. In about 4 more weeks they could probably all survive by foraging, but not quite yet.

Otherwise, I’m perfectly happy to just stay home and see what new bizarre plot twists occur. We were supposed to go pick up 4 Rhode Island Red chickens from a friend, but that’s been postponed for the moment. We got the coolest little red hen house for them, and got the large chain link kennel all ready for them, finally, after a several year wait. I guess I can wait a little longer.

All four of the goats that are expecting are first timers. One of the Nigerians is due the beginning of next month, and the other 3 middle to end of May. Funny how each year out here, while being the same in many aspects, has been different. This year, overall, the winter was milder than it’s been for the last few years, with a lot of snow early on, but not nearly as cold, and February has been fairly mild. Not even that much rain, even though we did have a severe several day cold snap and blizzard just a few days ago. Not nearly as much mud, due to the slower warm up and the ground not being frozen as deeply. I wonder what kind of bugs are going to be dominant this year. It’s been different every year.

We did start locking the three bigger and pregnant girls up in the bigger pen. We gave them some time to get used to Dotty first, and they seem to be doing okay. We also hooked up a 6 x 6 kennel to the other little barn the Nigerians are in, and cut a door into it, almost doubling the room they have. They seem a lot happier when I lock them up for the night too. Here shortly the ground will warm up, and there will be too much to do. Life just seems to go on, no matter what craziness is erupting in the outer world.

I have a corn cob (which has about 300 kernels on it) and some potatoes I saved from last year, and quite a few seeds. We have a big pile of cut down rotting logs piled in front of where the chicken coup is. I envision a good sized garden there, with fencing that hooks up to the chicken coop. Maybe not this year, but want to at least start the project. My plan is to grow primarily carrots, potatoes, and beets in there. Yes, food production is on my mind.

I fully realize that the scenario unfolding worldwide may have far reaching effects that cannot even be clearly seen. For the moment I feel like I have a little bit of heaven out here, and with great humility admit I really don’t know for sure what is going to happen next. I can speculate and make a few educated guesses as I’m sure you can and do too. Brave new world, here we come...
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

I must just purely thank you spiritwind for these posts of real life living in the off the grid of the Great Northwest. I find the posts to be a focus and centering for me, especially today. This world is certainly going insane at the moment around us all. I must say that for so many of us we were forewarned of this coming and did our due diligence to prepare. I read you and your husbands happenings and feel unexpected of good and bad and feel the life that is true. This happens to all of us whether we see or feel it. It is the acceptance and strength we find to keep moving on this journey in time that makes it all worth the learning. I must say that I would be so grateful to be your neighbor in that wilderness. I too have suffered a great loss just recently and it has left a great hole in my soul. My darling soul mate of eternity jumped into the no-time and told me she would be waiting for me.

As for this crazy world of insanity, I just hope all these folks that have seen fit to buy all the toilet paper learn how to eat it and survive. I really think this CV thing is a ploy for far bigger things to happen. My God just watch out for the brain eaters, Ha ha.

You always manage to find a way to care for those sweet little fur balls and I suspect you will keep moving forward.
Thank you for being here and who you are.
Steven
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

“The unexpected of good and bad” certainly sums it up Steven! I’m so sorry your soul mate has left the physical. My husband and I talk about this (happens when you’re in your 60’s and 70’s), and neither one of us wants to leave the other behind, and hope somehow we will go together, regardless of how unlikely that is. My heart goes out to you.

And your presence, both physical and energetic, here on the forum is greatly appreciated. We are a small hidden oasis, and even though it gets a bit lonely here, I am grateful to have a place where I can freely express myself. I think sharing our respective journeys makes us stronger, as certain things of great importance we have in common, no matter how different we may seem to each other. I have found myself reaching out to many in this time, more than ever, not wanting anyone to feel alone. We may see the worst in people, when the going gets tough, but we also see the best, and sometimes from unexpected places.

We are just taking it day by day, trying to keep doing our projects, and trying not to get too caught up in the insanity. Life does go on, and we must still feed, clothe, and house ourselves. Maybe all this isolation I’ve experienced over the last couple years was needed to prepare me for where we are now. I can only imagine those for whom this kind of forced isolation would be tortuous, and there are many. And, of course, there are those rushing madly to exploit the situation. Let’s you know what people are really made of, when that thin veneer starts rubbing off to display what’s underneath.

Acceptance, surrender, leads to strength for sure. We just keep moving...
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m sitting here eating my scrambled eggs with sautéed zucchini and home made kimchi. This was my first attempt at making kimchi in over 30 years, and even though my technique needs a bit of work, it turned out rather good. And the eggs are from the four Heritage Rhode Island Red hens we just got last week. So so yummy!

It fills me with gratitude, for what nature has provided. Uma is due to kid in about 4-5 days. That’s pretty exciting, and kind of scary too! I’ve been doing this long enough now, that the beginner’s luck thing has long since wore off, and we’ve dealt with so many situations it boggles the mind. On the other hand, I am more prepared for the unexpected than I’ve ever been. Full steam ahead, I say...

It was a tense few weeks there, with my husband’s first big paycheck from these new employers a full 2 weeks late. Thankfully, it finally came through and we got the bugs worked out for future payments, and I’m mostly prepared to just stay home, and have been. Plenty of food for the animals at present, and being a planner, have plenty for us as well. I spend sometimes weeks at a time not going anywhere anyway, so no big deal there. We’ve had to make a few trips to the hotel, but since it’s closed down and nobody is there except us, I can resist getting shamed for not just staying home.

I mean, that’s the thing that gets me. People have turned into the long arm of the government, and don’t even realize they’ve done so. I’m sure they’re well meaning, but I don’t want to go to the city for reasons entirely different than most. Something very strange has taken hold of people, that in some ways is far more scary than the virus scare itself. I’ve heard all the arguments, and have seen ample evidence supporting both sides, and have come to the conclusion that possibly we’re not all living in the same reality. The split seems to widen almost daily.

Somewhere in the last few days I finally came to that place where I just will not take that energy on. You know, the one that says we should all be afraid, very afraid, and suspicious of one another. And there is no denying it’s thick right now. There is something very pernicious about this energy, and I wonder, am I the only one who can feel/see this? Actually, I know I’m not. I have a few people who see exactly what I see. Often times, I sincerely hope I am wrong, but spirit has never misguided me in this way. Time will tell. It always does.

I do also see some things that are very good coming out of this at the same time, even if some of it is stimulated by fear. A return to gardening, and becoming more self reliant is on the upswing. In fact, this should be a wake up call for every one, at just how fast things can change. We found a couple of fruit trees, an apple and a peach, for a reasonable price, that we will get as soon as the weather gets a little better.

It’s snowing today, and will probably turn to rain later. Therefore a good day to spend some time writing. The trees I picked out are a little bigger and might even produce some fruit this season, which I would like very much. I already transplanted the two little apple trees I already have into bigger pots. I had to pull away the raspberry roots that were threatening to take over as well. They have spread around pretty good, and I should try and make an area for them to be, away from everything else.

It all takes time, though. The soil has to be basically created, and then well fenced to keep goats out. Each year has, and will continue to get better. My neighbor already came down and got the area where we plant corn ready. I think he likes how impressively it has grown there, and wants to see if he can even make it better. He has been gardening for as long as I’ve known him, which is over 40 years. In fact, many of those years, in all my moving around, he has brought me enough plants to have an instant garden. Good friend to have!

I’m having trouble knowing where to plant a few other trees I have acquired. One is the walnut tree I dug up due to gophers. It’s doing much better. And I have a maple tree that really should go in the ground, and just picked up a chestnut tree last year. I would like to see the elder tree have a place to flourish also. We still have a lot of brush growing on most of the property, or heavily treed. I’ve already cleared out a ton of brush and the roots I kept tripping over, in at least the well traveled areas. It’s an ongoing process. Plan on starting a big burn pile in the next few days too.

The last time I had chickens, it was in the city mostly, and I had a little A frame chicken tractor we moved around the yard. Plus, I let them out in the bigger yard during the day. Now I have them in a 6 x 12 chain link kennel with a decent sized chicken house I can lock them up at night in. Our dogs seem to understand that they belong here, and that they will get in trouble if they get too exuberant about trying to get to them, like trying to dig in. But I have no doubt that I will have to lock the dogs up in the fenced area if I want to let the chickens out to free range. The plan is to try and get all the logs that were already piled up in front of where the chickens are since before we got the property moved out of there, and make a big fenced garden area that attaches to the kennel. Then they will have a pretty good sized area to run around in, fairly safely. Again, all in good time.

Since the ground is just dirt now where they are, they trash their water as soon as I put it out there by scratching and digging in the dirt, and their feeder gets mucked up quick too. I got a different one I just hung up in there today, to see if it helps being off the ground, and have a different waterer coming too, that attaches to the chain link fencing. Hopefully that helps, because I can’t change their water out that many times a day!

Lots to do, and my biggest goal has been to pull my attention away from the outer drama going on around me, and back to where it belongs. At least for now, this to me is the real world. I find it very soothing to spend my time taking care of my real everyday needs, and those of our furry and feathered friends. Since we got the big propane tanks, we haven’t had that chore to do every week. And the two 100+ gallon tanks did last all winter. Now that we had them filled again, they should last until fall. We will for sure get the water lines dug and put in this year, so that’s a big plus. And the solar system will get some upgrades too, so that even if we can’t get gas for the generators we can still have a certain amount of power every day.

Well, and while I’m going on and on, the addition to the well house is likely to get done fairly soon also. My husband has more time, and he’s already made the list of exactly what he needs to do the job. That’s exciting, because our plan is to finally get a low energy washer, and a propane dryer for laundry. I’ll be in heaven!!! We also have a good sized freezer we should be able to operate if we beef up our solar system too. Which, will give us more food storage options, so we can preserve more of what we grow, and goats milk for the winter months too.

When I focus on the home front, I see that many good things are coming our way, and for that I am grateful. And I remind myself of the fact that I have beat many situations in my life already, using my intuition and spirit guidance to find my way. Many times other’s tried to convince me I was wrong in my approach, only to see me successful after all. I trust myself, first and foremost, as my own best authority. I don’t mind consulting others I trust, but I trust very few, very few indeed. I know if they ever make vaccines mandatory, and literally try to force us into it against our wishes, I will officially become a fugitive and a freedom fighter to maintain the right to choose what I can and cannot do to my own physical body. I draw the line there, and I will not budge. My whole family knows my stand on this. Hopefully it never comes to that.

I did get a new used laptop, but haven’t spent much time with it yet. Internet kind of sucks right now, due to the big snow storm happening, but maybe later I can try posting a few pictures, since it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to do that. I do feel for all the people who without much warning suddenly found themselves unemployed. We’ve become skilled in living by our wits alone, but for many who didn’t clearly see this coming, and who already live on the edge, this can be a trying time. For those of us who are in pretty good shape it can be an opportunity to foster a sense of community, outreach, and kindness by helping those in our everyday lives who need it most. We can be like salmon, and continue to go against the flow of fear, and create our own streams of benevolent creative life force energy. The big She tells me there IS enough, as her well is limitless, should we choose to drink from it.

I choose to drink deep and full.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I haven’t had to get up so early since my husband’s job has changed. It’s been nice, even though I still don’t really get to sleep in. I generally try to go out and feed everyone first thing in the morning lately, rather than sitting around drinking coffee, eating breakfast, and doing any writing I want to do early. This is primarily because I have to lock the girls up at night, so don’t want to leave them in a small space any longer than I have to. Plus, I’ve found that it helps with planned projects to get it all out of the way early.

I had planned on doing some farmers markets this year, but don’t know when even a semblance of normal is going to come back to life. I am fortunate that I can stay out of the fray for the most part, by just being home a lot like I’ve been accustomed to. It’s when I do have to make trips out that I realize how much the worlds gone mad. Fortunately, not everyone. In fact, rural people are often of a much different caliber than city folks. Much more independent and untrusting of the media and government. I just saw that the northern panhandle of Idaho, the state right next to us, is having a problem getting its rural people to tow the line, and even here on the way to and from the city, we’ve seen people who are obviously not following “the rules”.

I am up earlier than usual today, because of the slow internet speeds since people out here are home more. It’s slow as molasses, and it wasn’t that good to begin with. I have a video I wanted to download that a friend sent me, and I could not get it to even start for the last couple days, so figured if I got up before most people, it might actually work. It is downloading, albeit slowly, so my figuring was correct. There are a few videos I want to make sure I get to save and watch, before you can’t get them at all. I hope many others are doing the same, as life as we know it has changed, and it may never go back to the way things were. Granted, we do need to change our way of living on this beautiful blue green jewel. But somehow I don’t feel that ultimately this is being done out of total concern for our welfare. There are just too many aspects of this that reek of agendas much different than those on the surface of things. But then, I’ve been researching and studying their tactics for many years now. I just can’t unsee, or unknow, that which is so blatantly obvious to me.

Anyway, for my part, I have pulled myself away from giving much time or energy to the outside world, other than quick daily updates on what “they” are up to. I would like to know who appointed Bill Gates as our “gatekeeper”, because as far as I know, he does not have the credentials to fill those shoes. For the life of me, I can’t figure out why anyone at all listens to what he says. Must be those deep pockets, eh?

Back to farm life though, it has been interesting here on the home front. Little Miss Uma put us through some serious paces a few days ago. My husband installed several security cameras so we could watch what was going on down in the barn waiting for her to kid without having to run down there all the time. The night before day 145 from her breeding date, she appeared to be going into labor. With first fresheners it can be hard to tell, as sometimes things move very fast, and other times they don’t. But especially with the little Nigerians, they can run into trouble. We were up most of the night keeping watch, and by the next day she was obviously moving right along. Except, then she didn’t. Like, the first kid had moved down into the birth canal, but then didn’t go any further. Hours passed, a little reaching out to another goat friend, my husband sticking his hand in there to see what was going, and some holding of space by a few more folks, we came to the realization that kid was just not coming out.

So, we called our local vet and him and his assistant met us at the clinic and ended up doing an emergency c-section. She now has a vertical stitched up 8” incision on her left side where they cut her open and took out the one that was stuck and the other two remaining kids. They said they came out screaming, except for the one that was stuck. He didn’t make it. It was a seriously stressful day for us. Fortunately, Uma seems to be healing up well, even though that first day after the pain medication wore off she didn’t look like she felt so hot. She won’t have anything to do with her two little bucklings. They are cute as heck, which is a good thing for making their caretakers heart melt during those middle of the night feedings the first few days. At least she isn’t outright mean to them, since I have been putting them in with her in the barn during the day.

I was also fortunate that another goat friend had some powdered colostrum. Even though they each got a tiny bit of it from their mom, while we held her leg so she couldn’t get away, I determined that her need to heal was more important, and decided to just bottle feed them. I will probably try to sell them as bottle babies, as there are people every year looking to give their kids (LOL) the experience. I have also decided to try and find a good home for Uma and Karuna with someone who has always wanted a couple of cute, small, very friendly goats for pets. Neither one should really be bred again. Their grandfather, Jupiter, was a nice looking buck, but he was on the small side, and I have noticed that some of his offspring have had trouble with kidding. I don’t really milk the Nigerians, and have kept them just because they are very sweet and I’m very sentimental.

But, I’m already keeping Cry Baby and Danae as basically pets, and can’t really do that with 4 of them. I’ve been pretty good so far at screening people for perspective homes. And, from here on out I’m going to focus on the bigger girls who I do milk. They seem to have a lot less birthing problems, and I just feel as though the stress of it all has taken a rather large toll on me and my husband. This last couple of years has given us ample learning experiences, and I think I’ve got my fill there.

We finally started on the big pile of logs where I want to put a future garden, and it’s turning out not to be as horrible as we thought it would be. Since it’s been a drier year this spring they aren’t as water logged, and so we have been able to move them and start cutting them up with a chainsaw. Most of it is too rotten to burn in the wood stove, but did get a hell of a burn pile going. It didn’t seem that big when we started! It felt good to make a dent in all the down wood and debris from wind storms etc. that is all over here. Got rid of a few piles from last year.

Soon we’ll get the ditch digger out here, and get started on digging the water lines. We are getting the materials together for the well house extension and a couple more small barns. Might even get a porch over the RV entrance done this year too. And, during our trip to the city yesterday I picked up another apple tree, as a pollinator for the one I just got. Really excited to maybe get a few apples and peaches right off our own trees. I still have a lot to learn, though, as many people have apple trees that they don’t ever pick the apples off of. I’m not into chemical pesticides, so still figuring out the best way to actually get to eat what grows, without having to share with other critters who love them too. Definitely gotta get more fencing to do too.

The chickens are all doing fine, and I kind of do enjoy listening to the sounds they make. They really are a messy bunch though. They like it when I go push the grain around in their feeder to make it easier to eat. In fact, I’ve noticed they all gather round when I come in, because they know I’m going to do that for them. In fact, the intelligence of nature continues to astound. Even the little two bucklings of Uma’s took two to three feedings to get the hang of nursing from a bottle, and now they suck it down like there’s no tomorrow. They are quick to adapt. I’ve learned so much from interacting with all the critters out here. It surprises me how even amidst tragic loss, there are flip sides to every coin, and a continuously growing great respect for life itself. It is very humbling. Especially how sometimes it hurts so bad, you don’t think you can go on, yet you do. I do. I wonder how I do it sometimes. Part of it is just acceptance. An acceptance of what is, and accepting responsibility for what still remains to be done.

I will probably write more about that, as the ability to move through grief and trauma is still a big one, for us all collectively. Right now, people are probably more traumatized than they even know. I mean, yes, we have a situation going on. But, life still goes on. How to navigate that is kind of a learn as you go kind of thing. I mean, for most of us here, this recent ongoing human experiment is creating some discomfort, and a need to adapt to changing circumstances. The full toll of what is happening is probably some ways off from being seen clearly. The economic toll especially. With so many businesses just instantly becoming inoperable, and the sudden and dramatic loss of income for so many is just something I don’t hear much about. In fact, I can’t watch the news at all.

It’s a one track narrative that instills fear, on a scale I have not witnessed before in my lifetime. And most people don’t really know how to deal with that very well. But, those of us who do remain calm can help show the way. Life goes on. Even after the horrible plagues that swept across much of Europe and beyond, people did eventually recover from. I thought about the blankets with smallpox they purposefully gave to Native American peoples back in the day. I would sure like to know why no one was ever held accountable for that. They know. They have very long memories. And yet, spiritually they are as strong as ever. Maybe we can learn something from them. For they have been trying to get our attention for some long time now. How we treat one another, how we treat the earth, does matter.

Stuff, money, lots of material possessions, constant entertainment. What is it really worth? In the end, not much at all....

It’s people, life, nature, and respect, honor, and integrity that actually matter. For some, maybe this will be the wake up call they need. Time will tell...
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Dearest Stephen,

I read the first paragraph of this post a few weeks ago and for some reason, most likely my constant movement that has me preparing for what's to come... not that I know, yet I do. You've often been in my conscious awareness knowing that your beloved had been facing life challenging illness. Now hearing that she has passed from this waking dream I want to take a few moments of resonant heart felt sorrow. Yet, we know that this life is but a blink in time and you are finding the peace of surrender. Love you so much friend, we are all walking each other home.

LostNFound wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2020 12:43 am I must just purely thank you spiritwind for these posts of real life living in the off the grid of the Great Northwest. I find the posts to be a focus and centering for me, especially today. This world is certainly going insane at the moment around us all. I must say that for so many of us we were forewarned of this coming and did our due diligence to prepare. I read you and your husbands happenings and feel unexpected of good and bad and feel the life that is true. This happens to all of us whether we see or feel it. It is the acceptance and strength we find to keep moving on this journey in time that makes it all worth the learning. I must say that I would be so grateful to be your neighbor in that wilderness. I too have suffered a great loss just recently and it has left a great hole in my soul. My darling soul mate of eternity jumped into the no-time and told me she would be waiting for me.

As for this crazy world of insanity, I just hope all these folks that have seen fit to buy all the toilet paper learn how to eat it and survive. I really think this CV thing is a ploy for far bigger things to happen. My God just watch out for the brain eaters, Ha ha.

You always manage to find a way to care for those sweet little fur balls and I suspect you will keep moving forward.
Thank you for being here and who you are.
Steven
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m sitting here in my warm comfy bed, sipping my coffee, and watching my husband get ready to go out the door. It’s been raining, which is good as it’s been a fairly dry spring, so I might actually get to write a post, maybe....

So much going on right now, both in my own little reality bubble, as well as the bigger reality bubble we are all a part of. I’m thinking about people living in different parts of the world, some of who may not even know a “world wide” event is going on. Remote villages where life is probably going on as it always does. In fact, for the most part, at least at the moment, life is going on in my little corner of the world. I feel grateful for the direction my life has taken over the last 10 years, although I couldn’t at all see where it would end up back then.

Ten years ago I was still on our 52’ sailboat at a marina in Southern California. What a change ten years can make! I really have two posts to write, as my mind wants to try and sum up where my head is at with this “world wide” event that is being rolled out, with new elements being introduced almost daily. I want to write about my speculations on how this is going to continue to affect us all in the days, weeks, and months to come. But, for now, I’ll try to keep focused on the farm, if I can.

My husband is heading off to the hotel that has captured his attention for the last 5-6 years. I worked there for several before him, and it’s weird to hear him go on and on just like I did every day, about all the strange goings on that can and do occur in that type of business. Right now the building is sitting empty, except for the presumably homeless people who keep finding ways to break in. That’s one of the reasons I’ve been too busy to write. We found a broken window the other day, and then discovered two rooms that were “occupied” and trashed out that we had to clean up. I went to help, as you never know what you might encounter in a 3 story building with 96 rooms that is closed down for repairs. We actually went room to room to make sure there were no more surprises.

Whoever broke in had managed to pull hard enough on a courtyard outer door that they pulled the screws right out of the wall to get in. I do understand there are growing numbers of people who are ending up in a very precarious situation, especially with so many suddenly out of job with no warning. And it was bad before this happened. So the fabric of life as we know it is changing all around us, some good, and much that will prove over time to have not been ideal. And, for my part, I have studied, read, and researched so much about our collective past, the various players involved, those we see and know about, and those we mostly don’t see and know much about. My puzzle pieces of reality are completely different than most, therefore my conclusions about what is really happening is definitely not the same as the artificially induced “consensus reality” most have subscribed to.

But, still, in many ways, the direction my husband and I are heading has not changed. In fact, I thank the “Big Something” that is benevolent and so very evident throughout nature, for the guidance I have received that has led us to be where we are now. It has become more and more clear as to why we adopted such a different lifestyle to the one we used to have. But then, of course, if that mostly unseen element has their way, we’re all screwed!

In other words, if the massive amount of military grade technology continues to get rolled out, regarding 5G, with the skies littered with satellites and antennas every couple blocks in most city neighborhoods, and gets turned on, we’d best have figured out some kind of negating of harmful effects technology if we want any life worth living to remain.

But, I remain hopeful nonetheless. For all kinds of reasons that come to mind. Not sure if I even should write about them though, in the current climate of paranoia and fear driving the behaviors of so many. In other words, something as simple as giving a real hug has become something of a crime, a radical act, lately. And not wearing a mask. Maybe it’s because I just don’t fear death and that’s one of the tools used to keep humanity in line. For me, since I know I will not lose my sense of being “alive” even upon the loss of the physical body, the quality of my life does matter. I will not live a life full of fear. I just can’t do it.

Surviving my adopted father’s steel toed boots as a child gave me a bit different perspective. I lived under a dictatorship of sorts throughout my childhood and formed some very deep convictions about what kind of life I wanted to experience starting way back then. A life of forced conformity just isn’t for me. Again, I just can’t do it. Which makes me wonder if all of us are even the same species of human.

As you can see, I keep digressing. So, on the farm, much has been happening. Uma is healing up very nicely, and her two little bucklings that survived are also doing well. I had a really nice older couple come and look at them yesterday evening and put money down on them. They are truly like taking happy pills as they are just so full of life, curiosity, and joy. But, I’m also happy to let someone else get a good dose, and let them move on. More are on the way, and we had another big surprise three days ago, about 10:15 pm on 4/20.

Wow, a week has went by!!! Where did it go?

I have a full day ahead, but think I’ll just write a little bit more and post this anyway. The two little bucklings went to their new home 2 days ago. Whew, no more bottle feeding, even though they were very sweet and cute. And, I just went and picked up a mini-Lamancha doe and her two kids last week. A friend who raises many goats contacted me to say she was getting out of the minis and was selling all of them to an interested party, but wanted to give me a chance to come look first. I had gotten Ballerina from her, so dropped everything to go take a look. Now I will have two does to milk here probably starting next week.

I like the minis because they eat less and are easier to handle than full size, but still give you a decent amount of milk. And I loved Ballerina. She was a dream to milk. Oh, and the big surprise of a few days ago was that Dotty had a little buckling last Monday night! Cute as heck, and with quite a personality to boot! As usual, some leave and some arrive. I have much more to write about, but just don’t have the time. Everyone seems to get along, and now I get to enjoy the kids without the extra work of bottle feeding. I’ve had more and more interest in goats milk, and even all the composting poop/hay piles. I’ve had three truck loads go out of here, and may have to actually keep the rest for our own needs. That’s a first!

Plus, I’ve been drinking wine. I don’t really drink anymore, but a good friend has been bringing me some when she comes out (for the manure as she calls it for her garden). A decent trade (insert big smile!). A girl’s gotta do what a girl’s gotta do. Anyway, I do think it’s important that we at least try to keep our sense of humor intact, especially in these times. The planning for what is rolling out has been in the works for a long time, on the bigger world stage. Nothing is ever as it seems. Some of us have been paying attention for many years. Others are just starting to wake up, and some are still deeply deeply asleep. Just remember, the thing that sets us apart from “them” (those that plot and scheme against humanity and all life) is our capacity for compassion and kindness. Don’t ever lose that! It IS our saving grace.

I have gardens to plant, ditches to dig, barns to build, and so on, so will try to catch this up better soon, with some pictures. So, until next time, with love for all life....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I can’t believe how fast the time flies! I’ve been meaning to write something here but keep having other things on my mind (I can’t imagine what!), so have been somewhat remiss. I’m sitting here making up some herbal worm medicine balls for the goats, and pondering how much has transpired since I last wrote here.

I sold the two little bucklings of Uma’s a few weeks ago, to a very nice older couple who I know will provide a good home for them. It always makes me feel better when I meet the people and can tell that they understand what is required to care for them, and have a nice environment to go to, especially when I know they will get more attention than I can give them. I’ve found if I keep the herd somewhere around that magic number of 12, I can keep up with everything. When I go much over that, except when I have new kids, it gets noticeably harder.

It was with that in mind I also sold Uma and her sister, Karuna, just a few days ago too. It was a hard decision to come to, but I’m already keeping their mother and grandmother, and may not breed either one of them anymore. They also went to a great home where they will be quite happy and well cared for. When the people send me pictures the next day or so after they get them, I always take that as a good sign. Both of these girls went with the express understanding they were to be pets only, and they seemed to be just fine with that, as they were mostly looking for companions for their one younger goat they already had, as her companion was getting up in age.

I also had the woman who took the two bucklings home return for the formula I had left, because she bought a different kind (they were out of the other one) and the one buckling also probably ate too much grass, and got a pretty bad case of the runs. Plus, he bloated up that first night after making a serious pig out of himself, and she was quite worried. She even gave me some eggs (haha - as if I don’t already have enough!) and some literature from the Watchtower, Bible, and Track Society (Jehovahs Witnesses). I explained to her that I had grown up in that religion, and, though I did gain some valuable insights from the experience, and did agree that something of a satanic, demonic nature seems to be in charge of our world currently, that I had basically quit organized religion entirely. She said she appreciated my honesty, and I told her that they had taught me that too!

We planted the corn I had started, and, though I had over 140 seedlings, it still wasn’t enough! Fortunately, my neighbor had started extra. We added a great deal more compost to the area, and it was teaming with worms. Already appears to be taking off too. All the rain we’ve had here recently has made everything grow fast, and I am thankful for it, even though it means I have to find indoor activities on occasion. Yesterday, we noted the dark clouds rolling in, and was almost done feeding everyone when it broke loose, and in less than a minute we were dripping wet. I looked like I had taken a shower.

But, I am quite excited as probably tomorrow I will be able to put up the smaller fencing around the two long beds I am making over by the chickens, and get it ready to plant. Since my neighbor removed all the logs that were there, we had added many wheelbarrows full of composted goat poop/hay, and put up a perimeter fence that hooked into the chickens 6x12 kennel. By fencing in the two 4x16 semi-raised beds, I can let the chickens out in there to help keep the bugs down, and give them more room to run around in safety. Plus, I should be able to cover these areas with plastic to help prolong the growing season. We plan to put the zucchini in this area, to give it plenty of room this time. My neighbor is also bringing me some baby bok choy plants, which I haven’t grown before. Be nice to make kimchi from my own homegrown ingredients though.

The apple trees I bought are both putting on fruit, I’m also excited to say. The peach tree must have come from a warmer area, so it was too far along for the weather here. It got a bit too cold a few nights and the flowers did not get pollinated. So, maybe next year. It’s growing well, though. The two Elderberry, goji berry, walnut, and chestnut trees are all growing like crazy. We’ve made quite a few additions to our list of things to grow this year, and won’t bore you with all the details, but even with how crazy the outer reality has become these days, I can still turn it all off, go outside and just look at everything that is being created through this amazing alchemical process of turning poop into food. It never ceases to amaze me.

We did a bit of exchanging plants again this year, getting things from friends we didn’t have, and gifting things we had too much of to those who wanted them. I see much more of this in the future. Every year I am able to improve the soil exponentially, and we are already seeing the results. Not bad for a person who really doesn’t know what she is doing.

The solar system is also having a dramatic upgrade, as we have learned a thing or two over the last few years. We started with four batteries and four solar panels, and my husband has found out a great deal about how it works, when expanding your system. We have six solar panels now, and added a couple batteries too. But then over winter, we found we needed a new charge controller and had to replace a couple batteries. It needs to be able to handle the amount of power coming into it. We will end up with 10 batteries, and another two in the RV, and six panels for now. More batteries, more power storage. And he is reconfiguring how he hooks them together, to increase efficiency. When this gets done, we should have no problem running the big freezer we acquired. All this means more power available, and more food storage is possible. With what I anticipate is on the horizon for us all, this is a very good thing.

I haven’t said anything about my husband’s ongoing drama at the hotel because I can’t guarantee someone with an ax to grind isn’t keeping up with this thread and using that information to create more chaos for him. It is definitely someone who worked there, or knows more than they should about the building, who has had a hand in things, and some of it is motivated by spite. And the number of desperados is increasing every day. Some serious junkies out there, too, who apparently don’t feel they have much to lose. Anyway, he doesn’t get to be home with me much anymore. Kinda back to the same old grind, and just glad I got to have the extra time with him for as long as I did.

At least we finished one barn addition. Just four more structures to build now, LOL. It never ends, it seems. And I did do something last Saturday that will probably have been my only outing in the foreseeable future. It seems rural people are going to have a little more difficulty following the rules. Anyway, a resort in a nearby county kinda bent those rules, even though it was one that was allowed to move into the next phase dictated by our governor. They went ahead with their first annual showcase of local crafters and had around 18-20 booths. I went with a friend and handed out information on 5G and assorted other topics, and it was so wonderful that when setting up not a mask was to be seen. Less than a dozen people were seen with masks all day, and people actually acted normal. Smiling faces you could see, kids running around being kids. I will cherish this memory greatly as we continue to move into our strange new reality construct that was already questionable.

It was also very refreshing to see the amount of interest there was amongst those who did stop to talk, in regards to all the new cell towers and smaller antenna arrays being installed about every other block in our nearest big city. There were quite a few already informed people, which did surprise me. All I can say, as I continue to observe, is that something very deep in the collective is brewing. In a way, we are already at war. I can’t help but think, watching the way this monstrosity is being steered, that this is what those who do the maneuvering from behind the scenes want.

My concerns, though, in watching how hostile some are becoming, is that many of us who see the world through different eyes, are going to become the next terrorists in the public eye. It’s like with the whole vaccine issue. No one, still, yet, has been able to successfully explain how those who choose not to vaccinate, are any threat to those who do. It either works or it doesn’t. But, I guess logic and critical analysis isn’t part of this discussion. Maybe it’s true that the masses would rather allow their controllers full reign without any restrictions, even though everything I’ve ever looked at in regards to history, suggests this isn’t a good idea. Big sigh.

I’m still thinking about digging that underground bunker....

Maybe I shouldn’t end on this note. In reality, I’m just going to have to learn to get up each day, shrug off all the bad juju, and keep going. And, to leave off on a more positive note, I will say that when I go outside here, I can still feel the presence of the Divine Creator in each and every molecule of form, as it emanates from without and within. She keeps telling me everything is going to be alright, and in her I will derive my peace. Life force is still vibrating all around me, even if it is shifting slightly out of phase. And I am fortunate to have full access. In her heart of hearts I dwell, now, and forevermore.

Return to “Express yourself”