Farm Life

''Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.''
-Bruce Lee
Spiritwind

Re: Farm Life

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m sitting here contemplating another day here on the ole farmstead. I haven’t lacked for things to do lately. I should be studying to take my ham radio technician license test, but admit I’m dragging my feet. I know I need to know, but still, the resistance is there. Partly because I’ve never been big into technology, and barely even know how to use my fancy phone, except for what I need to use on it. But I will push myself anyway. I’m also taking an emergency response certification class and training in October, just in time for the apocalypse.

I’m trying to be funny, even though I know it’s not really a laughing matter. And I’m writing now, because, for the moment I still can. As I’ve said recently before, I will probably not be writing publicly for much longer. The time to dive under the surface, and stay out of sight, is almost here. I read about a pregnant woman who was arrested in her own home in Australia for posting something on FB! Sign, sign, everywhere a sign. Yes, the signs are all around us, even while some of my friends and family still cling to the “when we get back to normal” narrative. Ain’t happening folks.

The air quality has been deemed “unhealthy” due to so much smoke in the air, even though it’s not nearly as bad here as it has been in recent past years. Still, almost everyone I know has congestion and a runny nose all the time. I may be doing another fast soon, just to help clean up the inside of my body and strengthen my immune system. I’ve contemplated numerous possible future scenarios, from not so bad, to worst than bad. I think mental preparation is helpful, as a common response to the unexpected is shock and inability to respond. I have a lot of animals here who depend on me, and do worry about our collective futures.

At the same time, I have been very busy just processing produce. I have given away, frozen, and now dehydrating a ridiculous amount of zucchini. Reminder to myself for next year (if there even is a next year), don’t plant 5 zucchini plants! Two would have been plenty. And now the tomatoes are finally bearing much fruit, and I am dehydrating the bumper crop of cherry tomatoes, since I can’t eat them fast enough. I have a fall crop of raspberries coming on too. Unfortunately, I won’t get hardly any corn this year. Besides the horse (and Dotty, the goat) eating as much as possible around the perimeter, and the sunflowers falling over in the middle, it did not pollinate very well this year. So many things I will not do the same. Sunflowers are going to be in their own place, where I can easily tie them all up. That’s what I did a few years ago, and it worked out much better.

I did get one good ear of corn so far, and that one I’m keeping for seed for next year. I also collected a bunch of spinach seed. I haven’t dug up the potatoes yet, to see how well they did. I’m hoping for a decent amount. And I have no idea how the beets are doing yet either. Anything is better than nothing. The acorn squash finally started putting on female flowers, but I just don’t know if they will have enough time to do much. There are small ones on there, but they all look like they have a ways to go. Might just have to buy a bunch to store and use this winter. The lettuce is reseeding itself all over the place, which doesn’t hurt my feelings at all. And I do have almost 2 dozen apples on our little tree I bought this year. The other one I put too close to the propane hot water heat vent on the RV, and damn near killed it earlier this year. Sometimes I do the stupidest things. The peach tree, and the walnut trees I got are doing great, though, along with the plum tree my neighbor brought me, so I am excited about getting a real orchard going next year. It’s really hard to keep them watered up enough in containers, so I’ll be happy to get them in the ground. Just didn’t want to do it, until I could do it right. Between the gophers and the deer, planning is critical.

The second hay storage area is well on its way to working out better this time. We are adding another fence panel over the top, so it extends out past the hay a bit more and will help keep the snow off in winter. And we are also buying a variety of supplies for projects we want to complete, with the expectation certain things may be hard to get later. Ammunition is one that is already getting hard to find and very expensive (and I can’t tell you how many are suddenly interested in the topic of self protection). All by design, I have no doubt. I did have the foresight to stock up on certain health supplements though, so we are in pretty good shape there. Also, in just a couple weeks we will be going to get about 4 - 5 ton of hay in, as I definitely want to have enough to get through this winter. I’m actually preparing for even longer extended periods of not going anywhere at all.

One thing we do have is music equipment. Several guitars, and my husband wants to get me a small keyboard and learn to play. We might as well get good at entertaining ourselves. We did go to a small outdoor music event last weekend, on some private property, that was completely ignoring all the imposed rules that have been placed upon us. I kind of liked it for that reason, as well as it may be the last time in the foreseeable future I get to listen to someone else playing live music. I also remembered the reason I don’t really go to bars anymore, or have any desire for an exciting “night life”. As I’ve gotten older, watching people get more and more intoxicated, and the light go out of their eyes as they sort of check out does not appeal to me. I know too much from an energetic perspective to enjoy that much anymore. I do miss dancing though. It’s great exercise. I would probably do that more except for our living space is rather small. Maybe we’ll have to build a stage and dance floor outside.

Everything out here has a layer of dirt on it, and is very dry. It would be even worse had I not watered the weeds so much. The horse and goats did a pretty good job eating them down, and it’s better than billowing dust everywhere. I still haven’t let the chickens out, although I will be able to do that soon, as the gardens wind down. We have been catching grasshoppers for them, and it has been fun watching them go nuts. They can be very fast when they want to be. And, my oh my, I forgot how loud they can be when announcing they are getting ready to lay an egg. Funny little dinosaurs they are.

I must say, that although I know people on both sides on the plandemic and political fence, I also am finding more and more people beginning to exercise some critical thinking, and questioning the narrative. And it is weird to be witnessing the subversive moves being made by those who don’t show their faces but are funding and instigating all the unrest in my country. It’s become painfully obvious to so many. It is a planned, sort of slow motion, takeover of what will be a Marxist regime replete with untold horror if they are successful. I guess we are all about to find out what this country is really made of. Even my daughter, who tries to tow the line, has begun refusing to wear a mask at work. Her job is very physical long hours in a poorly ventilated warehouse, and she found it was physically harming her to keep wearing it under such conditions. She is a good worker, so while they keep pressuring her, they haven’t threatened her with job loss or anything. I’m proud of her for standing up.

I guess it’s time to go check the zucchini in the dehydrator, give everyone some hay, check waters, and eat some breakfast. I do have to work harder at keeping my mind from spinning in multiple different directions constantly, almost on a subconscious level, for it makes me feel somewhat disoriented. Like, hard to focus. What is happening, to us all, is a form of trauma being induced purposefully. People are much easier to herd, manipulate, and control, when they are off center. Fortunately, I’ve had these last few years to get good and grounded in this alternate lifestyle. It has changed my perspective in a strange and subtle way. Being alone all the time, and being in nature and around animals has a way of changing you, but, from what I can see, it’s been a very good change. Overall, my mental and physical health is pretty good, and in some ways, better than it has ever been.

In fact, as I contemplate the forum kind of fading away perhaps, even though it brings me sadness, is not really seen as bad. Those who started the ball rolling here, over 5 years ago, have turned their focus in different directions, doing what they need to do. That is kind of the nature of things. Nothing ever stays the same. For many of us, our focus is being drawn more and more to what’s right in front of us, what is local, and just diving in. No matter what happens, might as well try to enjoy the parts we can, and spend as much time as possible with those we love and have a sense of mission with. It’s weird to feel happy and yet sort of sad at the same time. It gives more meaning to the word bittersweet all the time.

It’s funny, because I started forum life, back in the summer of 2011, due to a night job that gave me lots of time and I needed something to help keep me awake. I still had many questions then, and looked to others for answers. Interesting that at long last I really understand, the truth is inside me, and I already know. I just need to keep remembering. A little trust and faith in that something that has no real name or definite form, but is oh so very real to me, will take me wherever I need to go. Not a day goes by where I do not acknowledge all I have to be grateful for. The world may be going to shit, but still, life is good.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I’m laughing to myself as I try to decide where to begin. Someone messaged me this morning and started with “welcome to the theatre of the absurd”. That about sums it up. My poor little RV is feeling smaller and smaller. I have been dehydrating tomatoes and zucchini, and doing red bell peppers today. I’ve also been freezing quite a bit of produce too. It’s weird to grow more than I can eat, but I’m gardening in earnest now.

Several reasons for that. One is kind of obvious. They are purposefully creating severe economic hardships and food shortages that will become quite evident in the months to come. Plus, due to so many possibilities happening weather wise, growing may become much more challenging in the years to come. Somehow I need to get my partially underground greenhouse built. I have a bunch of windows someone gave me. I just wish someone would drop off a backhoe for a week or two. I could do so many things with it. Heck, maybe even get that underground bunker I’ve always wanted.

We did get 4 ton of good hay in this last weekend, and unloaded most of it on Sunday, when the air quality index was at 499, the worst our area has ever seen since they’ve kept records. It’s still at “very unhealthy” levels, but feels remarkably improved from what it was. For anyone wondering if some of these many fires across many states here in the Pacific Northwest are being set intentionally, the answer most certainly is yes. Even though anyone saying so will be censored. I can still say mostly what I want here, since I am the lone poster lately. And those who would claim it’s all climate change can just go climb a tree (cause, strangely, some of the photos I’ve seen show everything vaporized, BUT the trees!!!).

Even though anyone claiming Antifa or other rogue groups have a hand in some of these fires (or maybe even some of the prisoners who they’ve let out early), is being heavily censored, amongst private individuals there is clear evidence of such that is circulating around, despite their efforts to stop the flow of information that runs counter to their narrative. In other words, many people are seeing through the ruse, no matter what the media is telling everyone to believe.

And how does this impact farm life? Well, my thinking on just about everything is going through somewhat of a metamorphosis. It was already developing along these lines, but now it’s ready to grow wings. Time to step up our game. And it’s definitely game on time folks. Everything my husband and I have been doing these last 4 years on this property is making so much more sense now. People who thought we were nuts are having to rethink their assessment. One thing is, fire is a bigger danger than it has ever been my entire life. We have 14 goats, 4 chickens, 3 cats, two dogs, and a horse. And no horse trailer. My husband had an idea a few days ago. Not sure what I think of it. He suggested that we could hook our RV up to the truck, and hook our 25 foot sailboat up to our 4 wheel drive car, and put most of the goats in there. Kinda funny, kinda not. At first he was suggesting we could throw them all in the RV. I didn’t think much of that idea, so the boat actually is a better alternative.

Actually, I have enough crates for all the goats, so wherever we put them they won’t have to be running amok. And I’m wondering how fast I can throw everything in here on the floor to pull us outta here. Some of the books I brought out of storage are going to have to go though. As soon as he gets the laundry room done, which should be soon, I can get a lot of the extra stuff we have been gathering the last few months outta here. And, yes, certain things I am stocking up on. Hearing aid batteries, stuff for my dentures, supplements, and first aid supplies. So many things are flying off the shelves at stores. Some things may become very scarce in the months to come. And, yes, the herd is definitely spooked.

I’m still milking two goats every day, making cheese usually a couple times a week. Some for us to use, some to freeze. I’ve also been making my own CBD oil for some time now, which remarkably has helped me to increase my productivity level without the expected swelling and pain that usually accompanies such. I still have some trouble with circulation in my hands, but not as much as I would have expected. My lifestyle is increasingly turning into a full time job. Fortunately I like what I do, and where I am. Certain things in the garden did very well this year. Bumper crop of tomatoes and the blackberry bush that started out as a single tiny start two years ago has taken off. I froze a bunch recently because try as I might, I couldn’t eat them all fast enough. Even the bush acorn plants have around 10-12 that finally grew on them. Just hope they get to finish, as they are not ready yet. Corn was a bust this year. Just didn’t pollinate well, although I still got a couple good ears to keep for seed.

So many things I didn’t do, garden wise, as well as I’d like. But, every year shows improvement. I did get a lot of black oil sunflower seeds which I’m currently drying. I will make sure they are thoroughly dry before I store them this time, and also make sure that whatever they are stored in is rodent proof. I had a big bag in the well house that mice got into, and wow, did they make a mess! I admit, I swore like a sailor the whole time I was cleaning it up. They were in a cupboard that the mice shouldn’t have gotten into, but when I pulled everything out, I saw that the back of the cupboard they were in had pulled away when we moved it around several months ago. Won’t do that again.

And, it’s almost breeding time again. Little Mr. Rollo is turning into a handsome guy. I’ll be putting Jewel, Firefly’s daughter, (Firefly is one I lost to the cougar attack) in with him. She is a good milking prospect for next year. And I’ll be breeding the two I am milking now to Raven. He is in his prime, and is currently being loaned out to a friend. He’s already made some nice kids for me. I’ll also be finishing the milk stanchion area in preparation for next year, so I can use the milk machine we got this summer. I want to put some linoleum down so it’s easier to keep clean. I figure I may be milking even more next year, as cheese making may become more than just for me.

Community building is finally happening, as many more are seeing the clear signs on the horizon. And rural folks are far more up to speed on helping one another it seems. When fires broke out around us, many of my goat friends were quick to offer help should it be needed. I did have one friend in Idaho who narrowly missed her home burning down, and did have to evacuate all her animals in a hurry. She had to leave a few behind, a cow, a wild billy goat they couldn’t catch, and the birds. Fortunately they all survived.

And I have family that live in north central Washington where the small town my husband went to high school in is almost gone. So many stories of wildlife that are being rescued and cared for, and, really, as horrible as it all is, some shining lights of humanity showing through it all. Tears well up as I think about it all. These truly are unprecedented times. I have much more I could say, now that I’m on a roll, but I have a friend who may be stopping by soon. She is fervently trying to get her home in the city ready to sell, and looking for rural property, hopefully fairly close to us, out here to buy. It’s early in the day, but maybe she’ll bring wine. I have crackers and cheese : )

We gotta keep our sense of humor intact. Otherwise, perfectly sane people are going to start loosing their shit along with everyone else. All I can say, is my love for life, all life, is actually growing stronger, and I didn’t think it could. Yes, I know I am spirit, having a human experience, that DOES have an expiration date. And to spirit I will return. So, yes, very serious things are happening, but we can all choose to make this a time when we rise and show the world that humans are not ultimately the scourge of the earth. Only some are, and they lost their sense of humanity some long time ago. The choices we make are what make us who we are. Hopefully, many more will rise, and shine, like the stars we really are.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I wanted to write a farm life post today, but my morning did not go as planned. I’ll start this now anyway, just so I can express my frustration a little at how things are now. I ordered a couple things from Amazon. I hate getting anything from them, but with the supply chain being what it is now, I could spend a day driving around, and still not find what I am looking for, plus my phone generally doesn’t work very well. They either can’t hear me or there is a big delay due to satellite internet. And then, the internet sucks sometimes too, as it is slow as molasses.

So, anyway, I had two packages that Amazon said were delivered two days ago, but definitely weren’t delivered here. We went up the road last night, and checked the gate and my neighbors little cabin we built to see if they were there, but they weren’t. I walked over to my only other neighbor it might have been delivered at, but didn’t see any packages, and no one answered the door. I drove down the road to use the phone, and call UPS. I actually got to speak to someone, and supposedly filed a claim. When I got home I had an email from them, stating that I needed to go online to finish filing my claim, so I did. I guess I must have made an account with them sometime in the past, but don’t remember anything about it. So, I don’t know my username or password. The one I tried didn’t work, and they were supposed to send me an email, which never arrived. On a hunch, I went back next door, and found my packages outside their door. They had it for two days inside their house! They must have put them outside the door after I left. What a deal!

I tried the online chat, which was essentially useless, to let UPS know the packages were found. Then I tried to call them again, and of course they couldn’t hear or understand me. I really didn’t want to drive down the road again, so tried to see if there was a way I could actually contact Amazon, to let them know. They have a help section that, also, was fairly useless if your situation doesn’t match one of their suggestions. So, I guess hopefully UPS will have an actual person who reads the online chat, and will discover that my packages were found. It’s on them now, I refuse to do any more. All of this took my entire morning! Not a happy camper. I’ll be back when I calm down.

What the heck, I’ll go ahead and post this with a couple pictures. One is of a plant my neighbor gave me that turned purple (I’ll let you guess what it is), and the other is of Rollo, our mini Lamancha buckling I plan to breed with Jewel here fairly soon. He has a very handsome pompadour hairdo coming on, that actually feels like hair! And those curls! And today is our last warm day probably for the year, in the low 70’s (F). I probably won’t get back to this for a few days, because tomorrow I’m starting my first class for 3 Saturdays in October, for CERT (community emergency response training), so it’s going to be a long day. I think I’ll go outside and pick and eat blackberries. That should perk me up.

Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Good morning! I’ve been writing out my list for the week on tasks to complete. The CERT class I attended was awesome! I went home and immediately ordered the remaining items I want to have for potential medical emergencies. Not a bad idea to have them anyway, but with the current climate of uncertainty, it would seem prudent to be able to handle most things, if not all, on our own. There could easily be a situation where there is no 911 to call, no ambulance to come, and no trip to the hospital even being an option.

It’s unfortunate that I have literally nothing in common with three out of of four nearest neighbors at all. One family is from California, and have no interest in knowing folks that live in an RV on property with a bunch of stinky goats. The ones closest are the ones that did not even notify us that they were sitting on our packages for two days. She has almost ran my husband off the road. And then of course there is Dick and Jane up the road, who still won’t look at us when they drive by. At least my oldest friend of 40 plus years is just up the road, and we have been helping each other since we have been out here. And, I did get to know two families not too far away on the same page, both within 5 miles, and possibly within radio distance. I still need to get up to speed there.

The group facilitating the CERT classes are outstanding people though, and I’m so glad I’m putting the time into getting to know them better. I can’t believe so much information was shared in such a short time. And the people who volunteered their time are people who are passionate about saving lives, and surviving what is to come. They are not looking through rose colored glasses, and know that the only way to survive what the forces who work against humanity have in mind for us, is to do exactly what we are doing now. Even though they came about their knowing in a completely different way, they are a pretty informed and aware bunch. Interestingly, they are a fairly religious group, and have a sense that what is driving the current plot is evil at its core. My nearest neighbors I mentioned out here are not religious at all. And they are not really preparing accordingly. Just an observation, for while I am no longer what you would call religious, I am more in that camp than not.

We are probably 2/3 done with the laundry room, with just insulation to put in the ceiling, a little more sheet rock to put up, then mud, tape, texture, and paint. This coming weekend we have the entrencher machine reserved for digging the 100 plus foot ditch so we can get our three water hydrants installed. That is a MAJOR project for us, having waited three years to make this happen. When I think back to when we moved onto the property almost exactly 4 years ago, it’s hard to believe what we had to do that first couple winters. The first winter we were still hauling water from the neighbors to fill up the RV water tank, along with going broke running the generator all the time. We didn’t have the wood stove in, and still had to fill 2 five gallon propane tanks a couple times a week.

Then this weekend we had a real fun time getting our love seat out of the RV. My husband and my neighbor didn’t quite remember how they got it in here. I remember it being a big struggle. I suggested just sawing it in half with a chain saw, but they didn’t like that idea. They did take the door off, and removed what could be around the door frame. I didn’t think they were going to get it out there for a bit. But, sheer will and determination, along with the knowledge that if they got it in here, they should be able to get it out, prevailed. Although we had two cats when moving in here, they were older and have both since passed away. Before we got the three cats we have now, we had a mice problem. I found quite a pile of mice poop, along with a lot of cat food behind the sofa. Don’t think any mice would survive long in here now, as these younguns are pretty attentive. Now we have a sofa with a hide-a-bed in here that is made for an RV, so actually came apart and was much easier to bring in. Which is great, because my two grandsons are growing fast, and now we have a good place for them to sleep.

Now that the gardens are pretty much done for the year, I’m going to let the chickens out finally, and give their coop and run area a good cleaning for winter, as well as fixing it to block more wind and cold, and run a light out there for them. I’m so glad we got them this spring, and have been enjoying the eggs all summer now. I’m winding down on milking, having stopped milking Rhiannon for the season. Miss Dotty is still giving me a quart a day and going strong, so I will probably keep milking her through this month. But my hands seriously need a break. By next year we should have the stanchion area fixed up so I can start using the milk machine. I want to be able to keep the area much cleaner that I have been.

Little Miss Liberty, Vida’s daughter, is certainly living up to her name. She has scraped off a big stretch of fur on her back due to not wanting to give up her freedom and continuing to squeeze through the fence even though she really doesn’t fit anymore. She greets me every morning when I go out to feed, following me into the hay storage area to eat as much leafy alfalfa as she can before I shoo her out with the broom. I also have to give her a little grain and lock her up in the barn when I milk because she tries to get up there and eat the grain when I milk Dotty. Cute as a button she is, and smart too!

My neighbor gave me a blackberry start two years ago, and I did get a few berries last year, but it really loves where it is and spread all over the place. I ended up getting about two gallons of berries off it this year, which is a hefty amount. I have about a gallon of them frozen in quart bags. And I love foraging for food every day. I’ve even been eating tomatoes just by themselves, which I would never do with store bought. They are so yummy! I do notice the difference in my overall health when I eat a lot of fresh food. People often just think I’m a picky eater, but it really does come down to wanting to be healthy and feel good. If I ate like most people I know, I’d be dead. I just can’t do it. In fact, here in the very near future I plan to do the lemon, cayenne, and maple syrup diet for a few days again. It always seems to at least temporarily clear up the sinus issues I suffer from. In fact, every one I know has this problem. Of course, we had an extra helping of smoke with toxic particles and fire retardant this summer. The diet most of us eat does contribute to mucus buildup. Even though I try to eat healthy, I find it difficult to stick to what I know I should do. In fact, if I did everything I know I should do, I would probably be a pillar of good health. Self discipline plays a big part, and I do love comfort food that tastes good. No one I know locally, except for one person, is even willing to do a fast of any kind. I get that deer caught in the headlights look every time I talk about it.

Which brings me to the topic of our current situation with the big V. My husband insists on watching the news a bit most evenings lately, and never, ever, have I heard them say anything at all about the immune system, or eating the right foods to stay healthy. The closest they come is to mention taking vitamin C and D. And wear a god damn mask! Think what you want there, but my intuition screams at me that wearing a mask all the time is PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! The level of programming and mind control evident in every news broadcast I‘ve seen lately is off the charts. I just take my hearing aids out when my husband has it on, and read a book. I just can’t even subject myself to the sounds of their voices as they tell us all how it is (according to them). I know way too much about who owns every news outlet in the country. We used to watch the movie “They Live” for entertainment. But, I do not find the current roll out entertaining. Well, maybe a few aspects, like the few moments I spent watching both debates (Presidential and the Vice President face off). I did laugh out loud a few times, I admit.

Okay, I’ve rambled on and on for quite some time now, and hear the goats telling me all about it, as well as my stomach rumbling, so I guess that’s it for this installment. Over and out for now.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I also want to add here, that although I will not wear a mask, and I don’t believe what we are being told, I in no way want to take away from those who have lost loved ones. Some in nursing homes, that they couldn’t even say good bye to in person, and others who did get sick and die, even if the story isn’t quite right. Losing a loved one under any circumstances is difficult. I also want to say that for those who do choose to wear a mask, how I feel is also not meant to be a put down, only a desire to maintain personal health freedom. For those who are showing symptoms often associated with flu or have a cold, have to go out, and do not want to infect others, or those who have loved ones who they feel are very vulnerable to any illness right now, I do understand.

For my part, out of respect, I do go out of my way to stay away from crowded areas where I can’t maintain my distance, even if I have to go farther to do so. I’m not that callous that I want to create even more conflict than there already is. But to make every single person, regardless of whether it’s been said that they’ve already had it (so, shouldn’t be contagious anymore) or perfectly healthy people with no symptoms whatsoever should spend the next foreseeable future hiding their face and limiting their ability to breath, just makes no sense at all to me. And young children being subjected to all the social distancing and all day mask wearing also makes no sense at all to me. Honestly, it sounds like abuse.

And I do feel it’s all part of a much larger agenda that has absolutely nothing to do with their concern over our health. Just wait until all the homeless, and out of work people get truly desperate in the not too distant future. It will not be a pretty picture, and will make the threat of this so called pandemic pale in comparison. Not to mention the looming presidential election here in the US. Astrologically, next year is supposed to even eclipse this one, in regards to high strangeness and change, so I would buckle up and get ready while you still can by at the very least spending more time looking beneath the surface of what your bought and paid for media outlets are telling you. And, to me, living in fear is no life at all and sometimes (actually, all the time, just depends on how you say it) speaking your truth is an act of empowerment, and even a responsibility to your fellow man. Some of the people I know that are buying into all this have seriously surprised me at their trust in the system. I guess maybe they just don’t know what I know and have researched for many years. And, maybe, they just don’t want to know. It’s not for the faint hearted, it true. Sometimes the truth hurts.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I am still sore all over from my marathon work day a couple days ago, but will try to write something up today. Don’t know how far I’ll get, because my to do list is quite long, and I missed a day of doing anything yesterday. We have a snow storm coming tomorrow, and every year it’s the same scramble to get ready. Rolling up hoses, making sure hay storage areas are fully covered. Billowing snow has a way of finding any weak spots in your fortifications. We have a cord of wood coming today, so had to get the area ready for that, and I enclosed the 6 x 12 kennel where the chicken coop is with tarps and put a light in there for the girls. Still didn’t get the chance to do the major cleanup in there, but presumably we’ll still get a nice day or two when I can get that done.

But the big milestone in farm life was getting the 130 foot, 4 foot deep, ditch dug, and the water and electric lines put in down to the big barn, and then to the horse’s area. Three years we waited to get this done, and just in the nick of time. That was quite the marathon couple of work days there too! Fortunately the ground was not bad, so my husband didn’t get totally beat up trying to manage the machine trying to cut through rock. The ditch itself took about 3 hours, so we only had to rent it for half a day. He still has one frost free hydrant to plumb in near the well house, but the other two are operational. He still has to dig the ditch about 4 feet to the well house where he couldn’t get the machine in, but yippie ki yay! No more hauling buckets around through the snow all winter long! Except to the boys area, but I can deal with that.

Neighbor and husband using the ditch digger machine

Speaking of boys, it’s now time to start breeding the girls and I’m sort of not looking forward to it. It’s always a challenge to move everyone around, and breed the girls to the buck I want to. The plan is to breed Jewel to Rollo, Raven to Rhiannon and Dotty, and Vida, Arya, and Fiona to Swayze. And poor Bob is looking a bit rough. He is only almost 7 years old, but all the jousting and fighting has left him a bit worse for wear. I did copper him again, and may have to do it even one more time. He must have been very deficient, and his front legs must have arthritis in them. He kind of hobbles around, but he still has a lot of heart and will. I may just build him a separate pen as soon as I can. I will keep him his whole life, though, as he was my first and only buck I kept back in early 2014 from Cry Baby, and he has fathered a lot of nice kids for me. If I separate him, I can do more to keep him comfortable, and will start giving him diatomaceous earth every day, and see if that helps.

And one of our cats, Katniss, must have come down with pneumonia. I started treating her with a dropper full of colloidal silver three times a day, and she finally recovered. Amazing stuff! I have used antibiotics for the goats successfully, and will when the situation calls for it, but our cat Zoey must be allergic or something, as she had a bad reaction when I took her to the vet 3 years ago when she was sick. If Katniss hadn’t shown marked improvement after a couple days, I would have bit the bullet and took her to the vet anyway, but fortunately I didn’t have to. With this many animals, I have to play vet sometimes, and we have gotten better at it over the years. Every success builds confidence, and it has been an ongoing learning experience. Truly, I have learned so much out here in the last 4 years on this property, stuff that really matters. And I am immensely thankful.

We still have to scramble and get insulation back around water pipes and heat tapes on etc. as we are also due to have really low temperatures by this weekend. We just had our first real freeze last night, and a couple of single digit nights are going to be a shock for us all. Already took straw around to all the barns, but it’s still going to be a cold they didn’t have time to get used to. Already wearing snow pants in the mornings! In fact, I’m going to jump out there right now, and feed everyone, and get back to this later, hopefully today. I did slow down on milking, and now just milking Dotty every other day. Be glad to have the milk machine up and running by next year. My hands are not liking it at all lately. At least the flies are mostly gone, except for the ones that found their way inside the RV. They’ll be gone soon, too, though. As far as bugs go, it was a strange year. Many of the insects were not as plentiful as past years, such as the yellow jackets, and the funky smelling pine beetles. Not actually sure that’s a good sign, though. Anyway, I’ll be back.

Ah, so now it’s three days later... the guys never delivered our cord of wood on Thursday (today being Monday) and I ended up busy with I don’t even remember what now. They are now rescheduled for this Wednesday. Friday we did get 6 inches of snow and temperature around 10 degrees (F) that night. All the leaves literally fell off the walnut trees over night, and they were still green and hadn’t even turned yet. At least I did get the fruit trees partially buried to protect from the sudden cold, in lieu of getting them fully in the ground next year. It’s unfortunate we didn’t get that last 4 feet of ditch dug before all this, but hopefully we’ll still get a warm up. So I’m still carrying buckets around for now. Close, but no cigar.

I did attend the last CERT class on Saturday, which I was pretty much unprepared for, having missed the previous class due to probably giving myself a slight case of food poisoning. Not sure, but I did eat lentil soup 4 days in a row, and spent the night throwing up, and was in no shape to go. So when I went on this last Saturday, I had missed the whole section on search and rescue, as well as fire safety and basically the procedure for arriving on a scene. They designed several simulations that demonstrated to me my complete lack of preparedness and how important the training part really is. I learned a lot about myself though, so in the end, even if it was a bit embarrassing, it was a good experience. Such an amazing group of people, though, and so dedicated to saving lives and community service. I’m very glad I participated, and will make up at least the one I missed in Spring. All good information, and I need to learn how to work with a team. I’ve spent so much time on my own here, that I also realized how truly sheltered from the world I have become. I am very solution oriented, and know better than most how to use what I have in any situation, so that’s a plus.

I do enjoy pushing myself to learn new things. I don’t want to be one of those people who can only talk about their past, because they basically quit living a long time ago, and kind of just fell into a rut they can’t get out of. Learning keeps the mind active, and probably helps build new brain cells. It also helps me to deal with what is going on in the outer world by having endless projects to do here. At least I chose this lifestyle, long before I was forced into it. I can say many folks around these parts are remarkably more well informed and free thinkers than anywhere I’ve ever been, except maybe when we lived on our sailboat. Boat people are a bit different too, and generally have a sense of adventure. I do think that is part of the problem with the masses fully hypnotized by the total manipulation they have been subjected to through their public education system, and the lamestream media. The system does try to teach you to always acquiesce to what you’ve been conditioned to believe are your authority figures. I’ve been rogue on that one pretty much all my life. I don’t answer to this world’s god. It is not the big kahuna, and has done nothing to deserve my reverence. In fact, it’s a predator I need to protect myself from.

Sacred law is attuned to nature and the concept of living in balance, with a sense of gratitude and community. It’s holistic to me, and does not have an insatiable sense of greed and superiority. It is sad that people who want to retain just their simple personal rights over their own body and health are now becoming afraid of the system to the point where they are willing to lay down their life to protect those rights, and not just for themselves. To me, if a vaccine for this so called pandemic was truly what they tell us it is, they wouldn’t have to enforce it and the information and evidence about its efficacy would be pretty clear. It is not. And I’m not alone in my observations either. A surprising number are on the same page. I guess we’ll all get our chance to see how this plays out in the near future. The hardest part for me are the ones who actually support the total loss of personal freedom. It kind of makes me hang my head in shame for our collective lack of critical thinking.

One example of this is the herbal guild I had joined a couple years ago. I don’t participate anymore because they totally support the vaccine agenda and even bragged (virtue signaling) about how they got their yearly flu shot. I’ve never had one, nor will I ever have one. Personally, and I am also not alone in this, I feel that what is really making people sick has been injected intentionally to cull the population just as they told us they were going to do. So our prison overlords don’t even have to hide anymore. They’ve done their job well. But I, for one, will not comply. An interesting side note is the online preppers group I had joined on FB got taken out, and they went to another platform, on WimKin, and they’ve already been taken out by a deliberate sabotage there as well. Ask yourself (I did), why would anyone care about people who are trying to be prepared for what is obviously on the horizon for all of us, such as food shortages and continued social unrest? Unless they want everyone disoriented, fearful, and totally unprepared. Questions to ponder....

Until next time.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Much on my mind today, as I sit inside on this rainy day, having completed my outdoor chores ahead of the rain. Several projects were completed since I last wrote, and several more await me. My husband will be finishing the last bit of plumbing on our water system this weekend. He is running it into the laundry room as well, for obvious reasons. We paid our neighbor to dig the remaining 5 feet to the well house, where the entrencher wouldn’t fit, so we didn’t both incapacitate ourselves with what it would have done to either of us. Even at that, I am still recovering from cleaning the chicken coop and building the little shelter for the breeding pen I’m going to use for Rollo and Jewel.

Of course, I had to clean the pen first, which involved pitchforking out accumulated and saturated (from all the rain and snow) poop/hay piles. I pay the price every time, with aching muscles, and swollen hands that loose circulation. I know I should learn a new habit, and do some kind of stretches every day. I think about it, but that’s about as far as it goes. Yes, I learn to do new things all the time, but still find places of resistance. If I did everything I knew I should do, I would be some kind of pillar of health, maybe. But I probably wouldn’t be having this life time if I was that perfect. And, besides, I’ve never wanted to be a health snob. We’re all doing what we can, and it’s better to encourage than judge, even with ourselves.

And that sorta brings me to a very important topic. My husband and I have been out here for 6 years, if I include the two we spent up the road at our neighbor’s. Fortunately we have a good working relationship with at least one neighbor. But, overall, folks out here are very independent, and not keen on even knowing how to work with others in any kind of real community environment, from my observation anyway. I know someone who has spent countless hours trying to get people up to speed and prepared in numerous ways for what likely lies ahead, even under the best case scenarios, and very few seem to really understand, and in some cases even become slightly hostile if you broach the subject.

I do kind of understand, on a psychological level anyway. Many accuse me of even being fearful because I like to talk about certain scenarios playing out in our future and how I would respond, and how it might affect others. I don’t live my life constantly thinking about worse case scenarios, but for the first time in my life I do see the very real possibility of a civil war breaking out in my home country. I also sense there could be a convergence of some type, that while ultimately waking people up, could also be very disruptive to life as usual. Heck, we’re already there in some ways. So, yes, my mind does work in a quirky way, but I have no doubt that because of that my response will actually be less fear based than most of my fellow man. Even the CERT classes I took emphasized the need to assess and act in ways that will do the most good for the greatest number of people.

And most people are seriously in denial and refuse to have any conversation along those lines. It’s almost as if by talking about it they are afraid they will make it happen, or something, or that it needlessly brings up latent fears about the general unpredictability of life itself, and the fact that most cannot talk about death at all. I remember my own denial when my mom was talking about dying soon, as she was in the last stages of Lou Gehrig’s disease. I refused to hear her, and realized later that I had willed myself not to remember a word she said because of the discomfort it brought up in me. Even finding my three goats dead from the cougar attack was temporarily so upsetting that my mind wanted to refuse what it was seeing. I do understand this.

That’s actually what worries me, for those who wish to see our country torn asunder and our constitution in the toilet know this about humanity very well, and they use it as part of their manipulation tactics. So, without carrying on in this vein, as it belongs in another place, I will just say there is absolutely a reason for my seeming madness. In the end, I don’t think people will be so quick to judge. I’m not going to kick myself for being loyal to a fault, except that sometimes I must admit I’m a bit hasty in assuming people will always rise to be their best version of themselves. If and when things do go south, we’ll see who is who, and what is what, of that I have no doubt, the good, the bad, and perhaps even the downright ugly.

Anyway, back to farm life, it’s only 3pm here, and they are all yelling at me outside already. I don’t think they like the hour change (due to the time change) in their feeding schedule, as they are now telling me all about it a couple hours ahead of time, instead of just one hour. I will not cave. It is funny how I always learn how good my ideas and projects are, and often have to adjust my thinking. Yes, this worked, and sometimes it’s no, this didn’t work. The first night I moved Rollo to his new area for now, I found him in with his mother and sister the next morning, as he managed to bust the wire that was holding the gate in place. I had already fastened down the metal roof I put on his shelter, and put fencing up high enough he couldn’t jump over it, but it’s always something I just didn’t notice or give a thought to. Plus, it’s common to have to reinforce certain areas, and they will always let you know, one way or the other.

I did let the chickens out into the fenced garden area, after putting chicken wire up all the way around and harvesting everything, and that worked out quite well. I’ve done it a couple times now, and they seemed quite happy to be out doing their thing, and went right back in for me when it became dark out. I was offered more chickens and I guess most people replace their chickens every year. Mine are just now starting to get more personable, and I have no problem with them laying less over the next couple years. I figure by the time they quit laying I’ll have time to making a bigger area and get a few more. And I am thankful for what they have provided for us, and want to give them as good of a life as I can. Life is full of contradictions, that much I can say with certainty. People who claim they have it all figured out, and aren’t wondering about anything anymore, make me nervous. I know I know just enough to be dangerous, LOL, about a lot of things. I’ve had to rewrite the script many times. But it does, generally, just keep getting better and better, in some ways, despite the show going on outside the window of my own soul and inner screen of knowing. Can’t say what going to happen to the world, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be okay. And that’s enough for today.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Another day, another shut down. Geez Louise! When is it ever going to end. And this time around, it’s going to hit businesses and individuals who’ve lost their livelihoods hard. One person I know just lost their job, and no more unemployment benefits, because they got all used up the last time around. Another artist friend has had to start a go-fund-me just to keep going. Even though we are doing okay here, I take no pleasure in hearing about how many others are struggling, and not doing well at all. Where is my magic wand when I need it!

I would have drank wine with my friend yesterday, when she brought another friend over to meet me who had just recently moved into the area (less than 10 miles away is close out here!). But, I was on my third day of my lemon, cayenne, and maple syrup fast. I didn’t really want to do it this time, but finally felt so crappy I had to. It’s not a cure all, but it is at least a tune up and does help considerably. My energy has come back, and I’m not so congested. Unfortunately, it’s not looking too good for me to finish cleaning pens, nor repairing the bucks shelter, with all the rain and snow we’ve had and are going to continue to get. The pens look like they usually do in March, already!

Well, it’s another day already. I went and did laundry yesterday, one of my least favorite things. And today we are looking for a place over the border, into Idaho, that has a restaurant that we can dine in at without masks, to celebrate my husband’s 75th birthday. We rarely go out, and still may end up doing take out, but we’ll see. I’m hoping the Mexican restaurant I found will end up working out for us. Since my daughter is vegetarian, and I’m just coming off a fast, there’s something for everyone there. I especially rarely eat out, due to just not being able to eat most foods, on most menus, without regretting it later. I guess sometimes, you just got to throw caution to the winds, in order to live. By which I mean, get out, defy the mandates, and have a damn good time!

I really need to get on the stick with breeding, but the weather has been so dismal, I haven’t been able to force myself to do the goat shuffle, and move everyone around. Can you say mud? We actually don’t have a lot of other pressures at the moment, although there are always projects to complete. Well, and goat hooves to trim. I’m always behind on that! This weekend we’re working on the laundry room again, with plans to finish the Sheetrock, and next weekend do the insulation in the roof, then after that it’s mud, tape, texture, and paint. I’m excited at not having to go to the laundromat anymore in the near(ish) future.

And we did something else monumental. We went and bought ourselves a mattress! After throwing out the mattress that was in here, that was terrible, we’ve used air mattresses. Yes, that’s plural! We went through 4 just since spring, and decided that was enough. With three cats, no matter how much padding I put on there, they just kept puncturing it. Waking up with your feet and head sticking up, and your body on a board just didn’t do much for either of us. I’m fairly frugal, but my husband is not. Fortunately, we were given a great deal, and hit a compromise, and I must admit, I’m loving it! I can’t believe we waited so long.

In more farm related news, I mentioned to some folks I know that I was looking for a female Great Pyrenees to breed to our male, Ranger. Surprisingly, they have a female they want to breed, so that was some outstanding good news. As soon as she goes into heat, they will bring her over. Ranger has never been in a vehicle, or had a leash or collar on, so it would have been hard to take him there. The price of puppies has gone from an average of $300-350 just a few years ago, to $750!!! That’s just a no go for me, and I really want to get a female offspring from him, so another thing I pretty excited about.

To continue in that vein, we are making plans to start buying roofing and siding for at least the big barn, and the well house/laundry room next spring. That will be another major accomplishment. Maybe even finally get the rock for the driveway and build a deck off the front of our RV next year too. I can always dream. So far, much of what we wanted has come to pass, even if we did have to be patient, and it has required a great deal of hard work. It’s weird to see the world going to ..... (insert whatever word you want there), but our personal lives are actually doing pretty good.

We are going to have to install an outdoor antenna for our ham radios though. I tried to reach our friends, who are about 7 miles away as the crow flies, with the better antenna I got for the radio itself, and it’s not enough. They are planning to install one on their shop too, and then we should be able to hear each other. All a work in progress, but at least I figured out the basics of how to use it. My friend, Robby, has left me in the dust, figuratively speaking, and got his license, and even knows how to program them. And here I thought I was going to get my license over a couple months ago. There is a good online website that is easy to use, and allows you to keep taking sample tests until you do well enough to pass. I guess I better get on it. With much of my time now indoors, I really have no excuse.

I left the chickens door open to the little fenced garden area last night, since I forgot to close it. I bet they tore it up good. I’m afraid to go out and look. They should be happy though, not being all cooped up (LOL). I so easily amuse myself. Funny thing is, though, even though it does get lonely out here, I used to not be able to be alone without getting really antsy. I’ve gotten much more comfortable in my own skin since being out here, and I consider that a very good thing. Strangely, even though the outer drama has turned into a never ending episode of the Twilight Zone, home is sweeter than ever. And I guess that’s it for this edition of Farm Life.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

It’s a cat on a lap kind of morning. I’ve noticed as the weather gets colder the cats want to spend considerably more time on my lap, and laying next to me when I sleep. When the three of them do that to me at night, I sometimes find I can barely move to reposition myself. The only upside is that they are warm. Well, and I do enjoy their company. They have a great life out here, with plenty of mice and, unfortunately, the poor little birds they sometimes catch, plus what I feed them. They have probably never been truly hungry their whole life.

They sleep away a good part of their time, and since I am home most of the time, also have a door person at their beck and call. They generally get attention when they want, and sometimes demand it. And, energetically, they actually give as much as they get. I love their energy, their general beingness. They do have a strong presence in the spirit world, and can see what we cannot. They can and do provide clues about what they are picking up at times, which I’ve learned to pay attention to. But, they do make it hard to type. It’s amazing how quick I’ve gotten at one to two finger typing.

I’m up early today, even though I didn’t need to, because my oldest son who is still incarcerated at a local correctional facility (one more year) was trying to call me. His facility has had a big corona virus outbreak (I won’t touch what I really think about THAT at the moment!) according to them, with many personnel and inmates testing positive. So they are in panic mode, and a total weird lockdown situation. So his ability to call me has become unpredictable and sporadic. Who knows if I’ll even be able to physically visit him again before he gets out. I got him the Humongous Book of Calculus Problems and had it sent to him. This actually interests him, which I struggle to understand. But it leads into physics, and he really wants to understand the science behind it all. I’m much more intuitive, and tend to feel into what I want to know, although we actually have much in common when we find the right language to communicate our ideas. He has grown tremendously as a person since he’s been incarcerated, and even though there has no doubt been an element of trauma in all this, he has chosen to transmute it into a benefit, and taken advantage of every opportunity that has been presented to him, education and training wise. Definitely has had those rose colored glasses he used to wear torn off. Life can do that to you, one way or another. I certainly know that one.

We are still in the freeze mode here, with water buckets having to be changed out every morning. At least I don’t have to haul so much around anymore. I do have to walk like a penguin out there, which, is right up there with walking in deep mud in my do not like category. I’m going to get another pair of traction devices to put on my boots. It’s looking like a long winter, in more ways than one. At least we’ve had a number of days of sun, which does a lot for me, psychologically speaking. Just a couple more weeks to the shortest day of the year, and when it’s dark gray skies during those short days, I want to just curl up in a ball, and do almost nothing. Can’t get away with it though, because my daily chores demand that I interact with the world outside, which is actually a very good thing for me. It keeps me engaged, and moving, doing.

There is always something going on with keeping goats. We built a little side pen for Bob, my oldest buck, who has some arthritis going on, so I can give him more attention and keep him from constantly sparring with our other two grown bucks. Just brought Raven home yesterday from his date with a friend’s does, and didn’t want poor Bob getting even more beat up. We also gave him more selenium and copper. Since I didn’t start supplementing for a number of years, until just last year, he evidently was very copper deficient. Plus I’m going to start giving him these better minerals with added diatomaceous earth to see if that helps with the arthritis in his legs. Also, another friend just brought her Nubian doe over to be bred with Raven yesterday, so it was a busy last few days.

In fact, it’s kind of weird how time is experienced as both as fast and slow. Like, when I look back it’s kind of a blur, but at the same time I have a feeling of it being in very slow motion. Don’t know really how to describe how it feels. Time has definitely taken on a different feel since I’ve been out here on the farm. It does feel much more circular, or spiral, cyclical, and not really linear. The phases of the moon, the changing of the seasons, etc, the cycles of birth and death. When to plant, when to harvest, all is regulated by these changes. Even in winter much planning must be done. I have to make sure I have seeds to plant for next spring. And if I want to try my hand at bee keeping, I must plan way ahead, and know where I’m going to get them from soon. I do a lot of visualizing in winter months.

In fact, I enjoy employing my imagination in this way. It’s part of the creative process. It takes so little for me to find joy and satisfaction now. I learned to make feeders from wire and scrap fencing materials, that I can hang in their pens, and I’m quite pleased about that. Such a simple thing, but I had to make it so I didn’t use OSB, as it won’t stand up to the constant moisture, yet it needs to be protected from snow and rain. It has to have something with tighter mesh on the bottom, so it doesn’t all fall on the ground. Now that I’ve made my second one, I’m wondering why I didn’t figure it out years ago. But I just hadn’t really focused my attention and imagination on the problem. In short, I didn’t realize I COULD do it!

I think it’s like that with many things in life. Early, when I was growing up, my parental figures thought I was literally retarded somehow. So they didn’t expect much from me, as they thought I would be a total failure in life. For many years, I believed this nonsense myself. What a crock! I believe we can do anything we set our minds to, and have proved that to myself over and over again. Of course, I haven’t been a success if you judge success by material wealth.

And that IS part of the problem. Society seems to place very little value these days on moral character, and some semblance of true leadership in society. In times past, tribes, clans, and small communities were almost always led by either a single individual, or a group of elders, who had demonstrated over the course of their lifetime, that they had the best interests of the people in mind. There were no lies, no ridiculous to the extreme hoarding of wealth and resources. How did this ever become the model to strive after? I’m still scratching my head on that one. Actually, I have more than a few potential answers to that, but that is for another thread. But it is like we’ve literally been sold a placebo, while they stole the real thing. Just look at who has all the gold in this world.

I’m curious, I admit, what the next few months will bring and demand a response to, in the outer world. I am already feeling the squeeze, and if Biden and Kamala have their way, we’ll be definitely heading in the wrong direction in my opinion. Another 100 days of total lockdown and strict adherence to mask wearing and social distancing, being enforced as never before, is definitely going to have some far reaching consequences of the not so great kind. And the natives are already getting restless. It feels like we are being herded into a bottle neck, with no way out.

And now a complete switcheroo (of topic, LOL), we are on the downhill stretch with our laundry room addition. Should be getting a washer/dryer set this month, and have it hooked up maybe by the first of the year, or soon after. There are always things that come up and delay the schedule we set for ourselves. But, we might as well focus on things we can actually do something about. Just one last comment on being herded, is my observation from my brief exposures to the mainstream news. It you don’t really listen, but just sort of observe, it’s quite striking how strong the programming and hard core the mind control (loud fast talking, with repetitive phrases and topics, and constant harping about the same thing) has become. I’ve never seen it quite this bad. I wonder, is it really working, or is it actually finally making people wake up? Maybe a little of both? It’s almost like they are feeling desperation, this need to exert control “over the situation”. (And sorry, I do not believe any of this is truly driven by their concern for our health and well being. Just not buying it.)

I’m just gonna keep doing my thing out here, and keep mostly to myself and see what develops. It’s clear someone, or a group of someone’s, or even several opposing groups of someone’s, has written the script(s) for us, so I’ll just work on keeping the shock and awe to a minimum, keep myself in good spiritual and physical shape, and try to keep ahead of the wave as best I can. And besides, at least I have goats. Goats are good. So are cats, dogs, horses, and chickens. I love them all. My daily dose of sanity, in an increasingly insane world. Adios for now, amigos!
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Twenty twenty one, ready or not, here we come! Well, it’s early morning on the first day of the new year, and I’m gonna try to write something up. Woke up to about a foot of new snow yesterday, and now we’re supposed to have several days of rain, and then more snow. Which means gray and gloomy skies, and probably won’t be seeing any sunshine for quite a while. Time to dig in, and get a grip. Yes, I am a sun lover, but oddly love snow too. I just want some sunny days in between snow storms. I don’t want much, do I?

I had a couple of dreams before I got up, that were kind of interesting. I drank a big cup of lemon grass tea last night, which made me have to get up and pee about five times! The last couple times I woke up from almost the same dream, just slightly different. They both had the same feel to them, with water all around, and as they went on I found myself alone, not knowing how to get back to where I was, and not being able to go any further without ending up in the water. I wonder if the water represents all the ungrounded emotional energies being released by us humans? I didn’t drown, though, I woke up instead!

Anyway, it’s been a couple more days now, and I’ve had a hard time focusing enough to write this. They’ve revised the weather forecast. We might even be able to see some blue sky this morning, and, maybe even a glimpse of the sun if lucky! Plus, all the snow is melting fast. I would be ever so grateful.

Not much going on outside lately, with all the snow and rain. I managed to take most of the goats for a walk a couple days ago, during a break in it all. And, (fingers crossed) I’m pretty sure all the girls I wanted to breed this winter are pregnant, so the boys should all settle down a bit. I did make a separate pen for Bob, and besides his little dog house, made a makeshift cover around his feeder with a tarp. The only downside is having to go push snow off of it quite regularly, but it’s working well enough. And he does look a bit better.

My friend who has her goat here to be bred should be coming today to pick her up. She’s a full blood Nubian with horns, and I like her quite a bit, even if she is kinda pushy about eating and getting fed. I can see why so many people like them, with the Roman nose and big floppy ears. After she goes home, I can move Raven back over with Swayze, and get the other girls out of the big barn and back in with Dotty. That will be very nice, as I’ve had 7 individual 2 gallon water buckets I’ve had to change out daily, and thaw water out of every morning, and it will be great to have two less! And I’m going to get serious about reducing the herd this year, so hopefully next winter won’t be so physically work intensive. I plan to sell most of the smaller breed ones, except for the three I’m probably keeping for life, and try to sell the 4 females and Swayze as a herd start for someone. It would be nice if it was someone I know, as I have the usual problem of being sentimentally attached.

And the chickens are doing great in the kennel/coop. As I mentioned, I put a tarp around it, and put a light in there that is on for about 14 hours a day. I have been getting eggs all winter long, with not really a drop in production. I finally tried freezing some in an ice cube tray, since I’m still getting more than the two of us can eat. I mix the eggs up first, then just pour them in there, and approximately three cubes equals two eggs. Having two waterers works great, too, as I can just take the fresh one out in the morning, and bring the other one in to thaw out and clean.

I’m probably going to start some garden seeds early this year too, now that I’ll have the laundry room to keep them in, where we should be able to keep them from getting too cold, and the cats can’t mess with them! I’ve already got plans to make a cover over a couple garden spaces, that I can pull back on warmer days, to hopefully get an earlier start. Food production is the name of that game, and I’m taking it pretty serious this year.

In fact, even though we got a couple of major projects done this last year, our list actually hasn’t gotten any smaller. I’m excited though. I have kind of come to terms, even though it’s also an ongoing thing with each new shock and awe rollout by our nefarious 1 worlders. My goals here on the farm are just the same as they’ve been since we moved here. And I have a lot to look forward to. And a lot of work to get done too! Can’t do much of it now, and it will probably go like it has every year, with relative periods of low activity, followed by too much to do all at once. Planning is a big part of it though, and prioritizing and timing too.

I see the skies lightening outside as I type, and for the first time in days I’m eager to get out there! I could go on and on about what I think of our bizarre reality landscape as presented by the mainstream, but I’ll save that for another day, and another thread. There are several reality channels to tune in to, and I have the remote and know how to change it when I want to, thankfully. I do know there are going to be some rather shocking revelations coming forward this year. Some will be ready, and some won’t. I’m ready for some truth, though. In fact, I’m ready for full on disclosure! Bring it on, I say, bring it on....

So on that note, I will get off of here for now. I hope everyone reading this takes heart, for it is a brave new world we are entering, and it’s not necessarily going to be all bad, and, in fact, it does depend on how we act, and react, to what is revealed. I’m strangely hopeful, despite appearances.

Ah, and here comes the sun!

Return to “Express yourself”