Remember Derrion Albert, Honor Student Beaten in Chicago Years Ago

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
Naga_Fireball

Remember Derrion Albert, Honor Student Beaten in Chicago Years Ago

Post by Naga_Fireball »

In many ways it would seem that President Obama is and was fairly decent. As world leaders go, fairly decent is pretty ok. Good stuff.

But if you could ask the people of Chicago Illinois, how they feel about what their president has done for their community, I don't really know what to say. Because they are ultimately the ones to heal their community.

Being a missionary in your own city is nearly impossible. Overcoming depression and familiar challenges is nearly impossible. But those people are trying to protect their kids.

In this video from Obama's first term as our president, one older African American gentleman featured in the clip mentions that at the time, Chicago had lost 10 soldiers to the war, and in that time, Chicago had lost 300 children to violent crime.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/3VwgGHrDdX0[/youtube]

I'm sort of wondering what hope we have here in America. I don't know what's worse, a glad handing puppet who acts like things are ok, or a crusty agitator who acknowledges things are terrible and makes it more painful.

I guess I would say, Healing is Painful when we've waited so long to look at the wound.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: Remember Derrion Albert, Honor Student Beaten in Chicago Years Ago

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Holy crap, guys:

Chicago murders hit 19-year high

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/02/us/chicag ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

762 murders. 12 months. 1 American city.
By Amanda Wills, Sergio Hernandez and Marlena Baldacci, CNN
Updated 1:50 PM ET, Mon January 2, 2017

"All these people getting killed, I feel sad. I feel scared. I don't want to be shot."

Devin Henderson, age 11

There were 762 murders in Chicago in 2016. It was the deadliest year in nearly two decades.
Here's how we got to this point, what it means for the city and those whose lives have been changed forever.
WHAT 762 MEANS
The number alone doesn't tell the entire story of Chicago's bloodshed. There's another statistic that points to a disturbing trend the city is facing: a surge.

Continued at cnn.com

P.s. in the want of the people is the destruction of the prince. Proverbs 14:28
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: Remember Derrion Albert, Honor Student Beaten in Chicago Years Ago

Post by Naga_Fireball »

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/04/us/chicag ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Chicago torture: Facebook Live video leads to 4 arrests
By Emanuella Grinberg, CNN

Updated 9:27 AM ET, Thu January 5, 2017

Video shows man's wrists bound as people kick and punch him

The suspects, two men and two women, are in custody awaiting formal charges

(CNN)A young woman who broadcast the beating and racial taunting of a man on Facebook Live has been arrested with three others in connection with the gruesome attack, Chicago police said Wednesday.

The disturbing 30-minute video shows a man tied up and his mouth covered, cowering in the corner of a room. His attackers laugh and shout "f*ck Donald Trump" and "f*ck white people" as they kick and punch him.

The video shows someone cutting into his scalp with a knife, leaving a visibly bald patch.

Police said the victim is an 18-year-old with special needs. Officers found the disoriented young man wandering a Chicago street "in crisis" Tuesday afternoon.
He was so traumatized that it took most of the night for him to calm down so he was able to talk to police, Capt. Steven Sesso said.

The suspects, two men and two women, all 18, are in custody awaiting formal charges, which are expected to be filed Thursday.

Hate crime charges under consideration

reader opinion:

So when 4 pieces of shit gang up and kidnap a retarded guy, beat the crap out of him for an entire day, and broadcast the hate speech live on Facebook, it's not automatically considered a hate crime?

Is it because they beat up a White retarded man and not one of their own?

I can't believe this shit! !!

Wtf, and how do they figure Donald Trump is affected personally by groups of rioting animals torturing special needs classmates?

It's so hard not to use racial slurs here. I mean really, beating up a retarded guy, i hope all 4 rot in jail for years.
It will take the poor guy that long to get his health back because of what they Chose to do.

I hope they throw the fucking book at them, like happens to whites when they act like this.

The Jasper dragging was Horrifying but did not go on for 24 hours, and they didn't blame the president either.

Way to go, Chicago. Thats exactly what Obama needed too, right as he leaves office people from his hometown try to disgrace him.

For fucks sake

P.s. disclaimer. I'm also a disabled person. This story bugs me because i visualize myself or my son experiencing what this victim experienced.

Charles Manson was literally biting his nails off back in the day hoping for a race war such as this to begin.

I hope it's not too terrible and that the police prosecute the 4 who did this to the utmost.

Hate crimes aside, there ought to be a huge penalty for ganging up on 1 victim. Grow some balls
~William Cowper

Return to “Calls to Action”