A Judgment Is Needed

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
Naga_Fireball

A Judgment Is Needed

Post by Naga_Fireball »

When I walked out of the USACE project onto the WWCC campus last night to catch the bus, I glanced at the newspaper dispenser next to the shelter and was shocked.

Yesterday it was reported that Judge Lohrmann of Walla Walla Superior Court ruled against the proponents of Madison Park project. This housing would have provided shelter to scores and scores of locals who suffer the extreme Walla Walla weather without heating or cooling.

Judge Lohrmann apparently isn't worried about Central Air. He continues to uphold the absolutely insane demands levied by the neighbors of the property in question, which include plumbing all the cabins.

We have people camping in temperatures below 20°F, even 10° F, if they choose not to seek the warming center or are otherwise too far away.

I've never lived in a town with such a bloody history and so much wealth, that at the same time denies the most life-giving assistance to the poor it creates.

-Walla Walla is built on land stolen from Natives. They let the Oregon volunteers butcher chiefs riding under flags of truce.

-The whites had an uprising after their Chinese slaves finished the railroads and building construction here, and they burned Chinatown to the ground so that the Chinese would go to Seattle.

-The land here was totally raped, de-beavered, and is now almost too arid, with agriculture continuing to rape what is left

-A local YMCA building could have served as homeless shelter but is cordoned off for "Future construction of a hotel".

-our housing authority performed a mass eviction from a property that had likely lead and asbestos presence and lied to the tenants; they said it's just being gutted so it can be senior housing. Many disabled people were left hanging in a condemned building, according to the previous property manager. They had to hire movers out of pocket, and I'm talking about a man without legs in a wheelchair and has depression.

-help for the homeless in Walla Walla is not very visible. We don't have big signs or flyers telling people where to go. The food trucks at the bus station used to be the biggest tip off there was, that we have poor people here who need help.

-It's been years now since Madison Park was proposed and the judge has become, in my opinion, party to intentional stalling and naysaying that amounts to a nuisance in and of itself, and in my opinion constitutes harassment and discrimination against these suffering people.

Oh of course John told me how "kind and understanding" these two superior court judges are. Yeah, it's just shining through the melting frost like the first sunset in creation, man.

Is there a punishment for murder by proxy?
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A Judgment Is Needed

Post by Naga_Fireball »

The Union-Bulletin announces a further lack of balls in Walla Walla; unfortunately according to doubletalk by Mr Shawa (city manager?) et al, the city council and the greedy soulless unChristian aristocrats represented there are Afraid that If We Help Them Too Much, Other Homeless Will Hear About It And Come Here.

The most profound lack of faith I've ever witnessed, greeting a new year. In fact I rescind my blessing upon this place, putting to words my disgust felt over the actions & lack of actions undertaken by this rotten hellmouth of a city.

@WallaWalla, May the misery in the lowest places here be felt in the highest offices. May you all live without rest, peace, or profit, until the stony pillow of the grave receives you in the same manner you have received these helpless people.

Shame on this place.

And on page A4 we see Mr Diaz, a professional journalist tasked with upholding truth and the common good, calling this group of human beings "unwanted people".

Remember when I asked Mr Gutman of Seattle Times, who writes his articles for him? It sure doesn't reflect the feelings of the 99%...

~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A Judgment Is Needed

Post by Naga_Fireball »

A very heartfelt and sensible letter was sent to UB and printed today, by mr kenneth bowen of walla walla

Please read my new article in General Discussion forum about City Hall yesterday.

Much detail is missing from the Union Bulletin
~William Cowper

Return to “Calls to Action”