A Difficult Assignment -- Love

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
Naga_Fireball

A Difficult Assignment -- Love

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Love.

Love is one of those rare things whose value grows in direct proportion to the things which oppose it. Instead of being dragged down by conflict, it is drawn up from obscurity into plain sight, like a flag, bringing hope partly because of its rare fragility.

Because love is an act and not just a style of thinking, because even when given in silence, it speaks louder than any hate speech, it is supremely powerful. Love is upsetting. Love inspires further action. Love exposes.

Hate can't win against love for long, because hate almost always serves an ulterior motive, but true love is pure. Love cannot be adulterated or amalgamated by pettiness. Love will continue to exist long after the last gasp of hate is silent.

How can a power that divides itself last into eternity? Such is hate! Nothing can be built on it.

Love, though -- love never calls it quits, never dies, is always reaching out and never walks away from a promise. Love may compromise but does not turn coat or destroy. Hate, on the other hand, may grasp at straws to burn in its pile of misunderstanding and wasteful vengeance, but it can't rescue, can't realign us with truth. Love forces us to ask the questions that hate makes us afraid to ask.

Love gives a chance, while hate takes it away. Love considers the humble beginnings of all life and does not oppress the weak.

We cannot serve Love and emulate Love if we are indebted to hate. I hope our US president learns this lesson, along with myself and any other American who was bored enough to buy in to what is happening.
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A Difficult Assignment -- Love

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Truly the most difficult assignment for those stuck on lower frequency, lol.

I've had a cunty week personally.

But check out the love of New Yorkers coming together to save what they have, community:

And a Chef shall lead them?

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/05/us/subway ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

New Yorkers unite to scrub hateful graffiti from subway

By Donie O'Sullivan, CNN

Updated 3:47 PM ET, Sun February 5, 2017

New Yorkers unite to scrub hateful graffiti from subway
By Donie O'Sullivan, CNN

Updated 3:47 PM ET, Sun February 5, 2017
New Yorkers scrub hateful graffiti from subway

Story highlights
New Yorkers on Saturday night were stunned to find a subway car covered in Nazi graffiti

Passengers banded together and used hand sanitizer and wipes to remove it

New York (CNN)Gregory Locke was enjoying his Saturday night after dinner with friends in Manhattan when he boarded the No. 1 subway train at 50th Street to head uptown.

Almost immediately, he knew something was up.
"Everybody was sitting there stunned," said Locke, a New York attorney originally from Atlanta, Georgia. "It wasn't until the doors closed behind me that I saw it on the windows of the doors."

Someone had used a Sharpie to scrawl swastikas and hate-filled graffiti all over the subway car: "Jews belong in the oven," "Destroy Islam," "Heil Hitler."

Passengers looked uncomfortable and unsure of what to do, Locke said. But then a man stood up and said, "Hand sanitizer gets rid of Sharpie pen. We need alcohol," Locke told CNN.

That man was Jared Nied, a chef at a Manhattan restaurant.

"The woman across the car saw me looking at the graffiti, asked me if I could do something and offered a tissue. That's when it clicked that sanitizer would work," Nied told CNN via text message Sunday.

Then, "everyone started digging into their pockets and bags for hand sanitizer and wipes," Locke said.

Nied and other passengers got to work on erasing the graffiti. He told CNN they were "satisfied in just doing the right thing."
Swastika scrawlings unnerve three cities
"It was very uplifting to see everyone come together like that," said Locke. The attorney posted an account of the incident on Facebook and it quickly went viral.

As of midday Sunday Locke's post had been shared more than 250,000 times and was even noticed by former first daughter Chelsea Clinton, who tweeted about it.

Edit: the remainder was sort of heavily anti trump. ;(
Not sure what to think lol.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Re: A Difficult Assignment -- Love

Post by Naga_Fireball »

It is hard to know what is best.
Nazis didn't get very far; rather than freeing themselves from the world's financial system, they hoarded resources and burned too much in the war.

The people who choose to buy in to the money dominated system today might not be heroes or necessarily very strong people.

That's the thing that's so funny about love, that something so strong can come out of the weakest person.

No one, no ideology, can take that away from you unless you let it.

It can be very fucking hard to love one's neighbor. I fail every day. But it's not really their lives that offend me, it is often my own lack of planning in the context of our temporal reality, that I hate.

The big joke is that a lot of hate and misunderstanding stems from avoiding self acceptance. If we can accept our occasionally horrible selves, it is not so hard to love others.

Being proud of who we are, where we are, a difficult calling.
~William Cowper

Return to “Calls to Action”