The Test

“The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the greatest intention.”
― Kahlil Gibran
Naga_Fireball

Re: The Test

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Oh yeah, i think this week the local rag ran a story about the city voting to keep homeless people off the benches..

And because Madison park did not get built, our homeless population will winter in the field next to our golf course... in the pacific northwest we are making people, families, sleep out in the cold in winter.

What
The
Fuck
Walla
Walla
?

The thugs holding the city purse strings must think this is new jersey or some shit.

In America's recent past:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... store.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Passers-by step over DEAD homeless man in New York after he froze to death on steps of record store

By Hannah Parry For Mailonline
10:50 EST 04 Feb 2015, updated 12:22 EST 04 Feb 2015

https://www.google.com/amp/www.nbcbayar ... %3Famp%3Dy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

San Jose Homeless Man Apparently Freezes to Death

By Damian Trujillo Dec 4, 2015

http://m.lubbockonline.com/filed-online ... #gsc.tab=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Monday, Dec. 28, 2015
Police: Homeless man found frozen was 'unprepared for the cold'
By Adam D. Young
A-J MEDIA LOCAL NEWS EDITOR

A homeless man wearing a pair of jeans and light jacket covered with a light blanket didn’t survive a 24-degree night near an East Lubbock playa lake.

Lubbock police responded to a 911 call about 10:30 a.m. Monday reporting a found body behind a Stripes convenience store, said Lubbock police Lt. Ray Mendoza.

His body was in a homeless camp along a wooded path near the 200 block of 50th Street, said Lubbock police Sgt. Ross Hester

Being in a camp or ghetto is not the same as being protected from the cold.

Trevor Ferrell

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Ferrell" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Trevor Ferrell
Trevor Ferrell (b. ca. 1972) is an American citizen who, as a young teenager, caught the public's eye for his efforts to assist homeless people.[1] He started Trevor’s Campaign for the Homeless in 1983, when he was 11 years old.[2] On December 8, 1983, he watched a news program on street people. This prompted him to ask his parents, Frank and Janet Ferrell, how he could help. They drove their son into Philadelphia that night to give bedding to a homeless man who was sleeping on the sidewalk in front of the Union League in Center City.[3] He and his parents later established a homeless shelter, Trevor's Place.[4] His parents also authored a book, also called Trevor's Place, to further describe the actions thus accomplished, with a plea for further action. It was published in 1985.[5]

Trevor Farrell's work was recognized by President Ronald Reagan in the President's 1986 State of the Union address.[6][7] A TV movie dramatizing the shelter's activities, titled Christmas on Division Street, aired in 1991. It featured actor Fred Savage as Trevor.[8] A 1994 episode of the series Lifestories: Families in Crisis, titled Brotherly Love: The Trevor Ferrell Story, also described his efforts.[9]

When Trevor was 18, the family discontinued its efforts in the campaign. Trevor currently runs a thrift shop on Lancaster Avenue in Philadelphia.[3]

In 1985, Ferrell received the Samuel S. Beard Award for Greatest Public Service by an Individual 35 Years or Under, an award given out annually by Jefferson Awards.[10]
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

This guy is in a very bad way, i think he drinks until he passes out, leaving him very vulnerable, any curious or cruel crazy passing by could rob or injure him, our city doesn't care :(

~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

A camp near our community college, less than a week old, but looks abandoned or trashed. Very sad.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

letter to editor from homeless resident of camp

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Precious suffering people speaking out, let's enable them!

Those at homeless camp want to work

Jerrold L. Phillips 11 hrs ago (…)

As chairman of the camp and a homeless person here in Walla Walla, there are a lot of untruths being written or told about us. I grew up here as most have. Yes, there are a small number new to the area.

As for the portrayal of a unmanageable camp, untrue. We want order and safety.

Do we see eye to eye with the Alliance for the Homeless? No, but we work with it. Truth, we would rather work for the items we need to help get us though the winter than get handout donations.

Lie, we are all drug addicts or thieves.

Our biggest need is a 20-gallon portable hot water heater and firewood. So, if you can help we sure would love to do some work to earn these needed items.

Jerrold L. Phillips
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

If my car was running and bike not stolen i could have gathered wood for them. It's very sad to know the need in a country this vast yet be unable to provide.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

A friendly moose appeared on the Veteran's Memorial golf course, if I am not mistaken, here in Walla Walla where our homeless camp is approximately located.

~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Please pray for our homeless, the temperature today is in the teens.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

It is so bitterly cold.
Yesterday I'd walked for about 5 or 6 hours LOL, looking for some local asshole so i could knock on his new door and thank him for the performance the other night.

But i never did see the vehicle. On foot it is very time consuming to do random sweep of a sprawling town. #fail

But what i did see was a mentally handicapped girl trying to walk up my street in inappropriate clothing. A tshirt and one hoodie is what she was wearing and it looked very uncomfortable. She was not going far but i regret not giving her one of my layers. It was that sad. She seemed determined to get home though.

The guy on bus who was bellyaching about his birthday with 24 beers is alive. He lolled at me from across the street near GW and smith wines like nothing had happened except the joint i was holding. Ffs what an asshat hahaha.

I have not even been to veterans memorial golf course. It's like satan built a wall and i never managed to make my breakthrough getting to actually know these people.

My ASD makes it tough to find the entrance into certain types of conversation. But i think someone else once told me what to say when we are in a big house.

"How can i help."
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-new ... cold-snap/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Such sadness and hardship in Portland, but they trying to respond.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Well, our homeless are very much in limbo being outside camping, but at the city council meeting (public hearing) which I missed last night, apparently that ridiculous relocation plan was struck down 5 to 1.

Amazing community feedback, shows that the people of Walla Walla are reclaiming their power.

Alfred Diaz
Walla Walla's homeless camp will not move to Fort Walla Walla grounds, and for now remains at its site near the entrance of Veterans Memorial Golf Course.

After hearing broad community rejection of a city staff-backed proposal to relocate the camp, the City Council after a public hearing Wednesday voted 5-1 against the move.
~William Cowper

Return to “Calls to Action”