Medicine Cards and the Art of Self Reflection

“Millionaires don't use Astrology, billionaires do.”
― J.P. Morgan
Spiritwind

Medicine Cards and the Art of Self Reflection

Post by Spiritwind »

Was just sitting for a moment, calling to my inner knowing, my in-tuition. Then I drew a few "Medicine Cards", and got full on body chills and sense of energy movement up and down my spine. And could feel my energy moving inward where there was a bright shining light. And "saw" with my inner eye, this image of a human shaped cutout being appearing as black against a very bright, almost too bright to see, background, and it had a chisel and pick in hand, chipping away the barrier that holds the light in. The desire to free the light within must become stronger than the darkness pressing in from without.

Cards I drew:

Raven - Magic
Raccoon - Generous Protector
Prairie Dog - Retreat

Badger - Aggressiveness
Ant - Patience

Deer - Gentleness

I always draw three, then two, then one.
Raccoon always leaves a guard at the door, to protect the rest as they forage for food and sustenance. Raven uses the forces of nature to create circumstances that appear magical, but are actually the universe responding to the call. Prairie Dog always lives underground and has many escape routes. He is also very alert to danger and has the ability to respond quickly when needed.

For me, the meaning is I have a strong and generous protector inside, that when consulted can always offer speedy intuitively driven solutions that almost appear magical in action.

Badger knows how to find and dig for healing roots that nourish life, and can be very aggressive in their quest to get at the root of things. Aggression, when channeled appropriately, can be fuel for healing on the fast track.

Ant, while sometimes indicating a need for patience, is also associated with the hive mind that will sacrifice many for the well being of the one, rather than the other way around. When applying Badger medicine, healing of the root of the dis-ease and restoring balance requires transmuting ones understanding of self to a holy-stic awareness of the good of the whole self, of which there is no single master to which one owes obedience. All parts are vital to choreograph this dance of life and create a thing of harmonious beauty.

And Deer knows the only way to get past the monster that blocks the way to the top of Spirit Mountain, is to see with the eyes of love, and with the total absence of hate. This is the way of the heart, that is in balance with the mind, and sees truth rather than the distortion. When one looks out with the laser eye that projects a beam of light, one misses the rest, the remaining sphere of truth that can only be seen in full when perceived from within. The trick is to see the projection, while simultaneously perceiving the truth from within, where the heart sees with the whole of the sphere, and not just the single projected beam that gets confused with being the whole enchilada.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “The Divine Arts and Occult Knowledge”