Alcohol and Squirrel Attack

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe
Naga_Fireball

Alcohol and Squirrel Attack

Post by Naga_Fireball »

These might sound really stupid but they encapsulate some visceral fears.

Two mornings ago I woke up panicked. In my dream I'd broken my New Year's resolution to stop drinking alcohol. In the dream I was guzzling that horrible 211 Steel Reserve crap that homeless guys and naughty girls love, because it's cheap and terribly strong. I did drink that stuff for a couple months last year, but got tired of the similarity to actual liquor blackouts and opted for craft beer instead.

It was a relief to realize that the drinking happened only in a dream this time. It's crazy how a drug or alcohol experience can play out in a dream, to where the person actually feels intoxicated. No worries, this used to happen to me pretty constantly during the two years (2013-2015) that I stayed dry teetotaling. Ugh....

Second dream was so strange.
This morning I dreamed of falling on my ass in a park lawn with a really aggressive squirrel trying to eat something in my backpack.

I couldn't get away and like Cujo the dog, the squirrel locked on and sprang for my pant leg. I woke up before it got worse than that but remember shaking my arms in the dream like a weasel was biting.

Lmfao
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Sandy Clark

Re: Alcohol and Squirrel Attack

Post by Sandy Clark »

Don't have those dreams anymore Naga, but can remember how scary some of them were in my initial years of sobriety....here's to you and hoping that teetotalling looks good on you and better yet FEELS GOOD too!
Naga_Fireball

Re: Alcohol and Squirrel Attack

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Sandy Clark wrote:Don't have those dreams anymore Naga, but can remember how scary some of them were in my initial years of sobriety....here's to you and hoping that teetotalling looks good on you and better yet FEELS GOOD too!
Dear Sandy, I am grateful for your insight! It is one of the strangest and most terrible feelings, wondering why it is happening, why we are falling off the wagon. Only to wake up and realize, our own minds betray us at night!

Thank you very much for the kind wishes. I do unfortunately still smoke, and that's hard on people without a drink because they get a bit wound up!! The only cure I've noticed is Reallllly hard exercise.

It would seem a few of this type of person ends up addicted to the gym!!!!! Wouldn't that be nice? :lol:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “Dream Journal”