Wild Ones

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
-Ralph Waldo Emerson
Christine
Site Admin

Wild Ones

Post by Christine »

There aren't the rite words to fill this page with all due respect for those who walk in the woods with me. Spiritwind, thank you for this.

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Re: Wild Ones

Post by Fred Steeves »

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Christine wrote:There aren't the rite words to fill this page with all due respect for those who walk in the woods with me. Spiritwind, thank you for this.

Love it>>> and at the same time have to report that I got out in time to at least again visit and play in the forest. I think those who do, need a tribe. So I volunteer to name us The Fucowie Tribe; as often I hear those who made it back to the forest, repeating.....................WHERE THE FUCOWIE??? :lol: :shock: ;) :roll:

love Yahs!! :D
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

This letter written by Friedrich Nietzsche to his sister touched the core of me. This state of being that walks in the woods, soars on the winds and listens to the spirit in all things ... "Thus dangerously do I live!" The thing is that most won't do enough hard lifting to strip the self down to the bare state of rawness that this requires. Much of my contemplative time is spent seeing what is on the horizon. The trick is, of course, that there will be no time when we arrive. All I know is what I see and we are on the downward slide before the next wave hits.

Once all is stripped away and there is no thing left to lose we will fly again our wings outstretched on the cosmic sea.

Meanwhile back here on Earth among the dead and dying I walk my talk with as much grace as is gifted to me, watchful eyes and the wind of love at my back.

Since I had never heard of the Fukowee (?) tribe I looked them up and got a laugh. Seems the mix of deep philosophy and the wild bunch makes perfect sense. Hell's angels walk here too. Nice to see you Sandy. ;)

Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Christine wrote: "Thus dangerously do I live!"
Never came across that Nietzsche quote before, I like it.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

What is wild cannot be bought or sold, borrowed or copied. It is. Unmistakable, unforgettable, unshakable, elemental as earth and ice, water, fire and air, a quintessence, pure spirit, resolving into no constituents. Don't waste your wildness: it is precious and necessary.

~ Jay Griffiths, Wild: An Elemental Journey

Return to “Wisdom - KnowThySelf”