I fought the law and the law won

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
― Oscar Wilde
Fred Steeves

I fought the law and the law won

Post by Fred Steeves »

I love this guy, what a character! That's one thing I really miss about skydiving, being around unconventional people like this. Perhaps that's one of the reasons for still being around the forum scene, I like being around unconventional people.

The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Spiritwind

Re: I fought the law and the law won

Post by Spiritwind »

My cousin taught skydiving and now she is a commercial pilot, fulfilling her lifelong dream. She even took my mom before she passed away from Lou Gehrig's disease for a tandem jump. Amazing! I see this guy probably suffers from oppositional defiance disorder, LOL.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Fred Steeves

Re: I fought the law and the law won

Post by Fred Steeves »

Your cousin sounds like quite the impressive woman. You know come to think of it, I don't ever recall a female jumpmaster running around throughout all the hanging around drop zones I did. Interesting. And then a commercial pilot to boot, wow!

I can't tell you how happy I am that your mom got the chance to take that big one step beyond before moving on to other things. ALS is not a pretty way to exit this realm, but on that special day she flew :)

One of the things I always made a point of doing, was stationing myself right in front of where 1st time tandem jumps were about to land. I wanted to be a part of what I saw as potentially a very special event in someone's life, especially if they were elderly or wheelchair bound. Be there to shake their hand, congratulate them, that sort of thing. Were you there? Did your mom have that 1st jump shit eatin grin plastered all over her face?

"Oppositional Defiance Order" (ODO), I love it great term! Perhaps some here suffer from that same "disorder". It cracks me up when the jumper quips to his buddy "I'm gonna do it anyway" as the cop approaches. What the hell; if you're already going to jail for something stupid, go there on your own terms :)

As an aside, I hope that cop had a sense of humor. Looked to me like he does.
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates

Return to “Laughter is the Best Medicine - Silly”