Do you sell socks?

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
― Oscar Wilde
Professor Doom

Do you sell socks?

Post by Professor Doom »

Spiritwind

Re: Do you sell socks?

Post by Spiritwind »

I don't sell socks, but this cartoon reminds me of when I was a young adult and me and my sister would always try to figure out what our Aunts had got us for Christmas. Even though they were both very well off, the BeeHive sisters, as we rather irreverently called them, would inevitably get us socks. And not even girls socks. They were men's socks, the white ones with the different color bands around the tops, presumably to match up each pair. It became kind of a running joke. I mean, not that I'm complaining or anything, but it seemed quite devoid of imagination, as we both got the same thing from them for many years. Maybe they thought our boyfriends of the time needed socks?

And on my daughter's first birthday I got her socks, along with a whole bunch of other stuff I thought would be far more interesting. But she must have spent a hour or so putting hose socks on and then taking them off, and doing it all over again. Socks on, or socks off?

And, maybe I'm a little dense, but what are those little creatures stacked on top of one another in the cartoon, cause I can't tell for sure.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Do you sell socks?

Post by Christine »

I just saw your post Laurie and lmao in reading it. It took me a full five minutes to figure that cartoon out, those little "stupid question socks" are the remains of the critters who asked the stupid questions. It is rather dark humor but in the end I laughed.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Laughter is the Best Medicine - Silly”