I Bet You Didn’t Know...

“If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.”
― Oscar Wilde
Spiritwind

I Bet You Didn’t Know...

Post by Spiritwind »

Waking up in this strange new reality every day is, well, strange. Anyway, I still learn new things every day. I thought I would start a thread to put interesting items of things I didn’t know (and bet any readers don’t either!) just for fun. Yes, fun still exists.

https://www.famu.edu/cesta/main/assets/ ... 0Goats.pdf

Coffee was first discovered when goat herders discovered the animals acting very energetic after nibbling on coffee beans.

In earlier centuries, goats were often used to nurse babies.

According to Roman history, on February 15th, young men would run around wearing only the skins of goats they sacrificed earlier and hit women with strips of goat skin, known as februa, to promote fertility. It is from these purification instruments that the month of February gets its name.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Spiritwind

Re: I Bet You Didn’t Know...

Post by Spiritwind »

I just picked out a few off the first page I thought were funny. We certainly need more funny these days. (Yes, I just keep going here - on the forum - even though I feel like the Lone Ranger sometimes - don’t even know why - must be crazy).

https://thoughtcatalog.com/jacob-geers/ ... ird-facts/

A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continuously from the bottom of the glass to the top.

The Vatican City is the country that drinks the most wine per capita at 74 liters per citizen per year.

Approximately 40,000 Americans are injured by toilets each year.

There is a town in Canada called “Dildo.” (My husband asked if it’s pretty popular)

Human birth control pills work on gorillas.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Laughter is the Best Medicine - Silly”