Animal Rescuer (Lol)

"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude."
-Friedrich Nietzsche
Naga_Fireball

Animal Rescuer (Lol)

Post by Naga_Fireball »

:shock:

Today I was walking home or to a store and passed by this weird property i think on Colville street.

It is sort of an empty lot, triangle? Next to Macy's and this fail bar that never opens. Well the city left some huge planters there and today i noticed they were all P patched out, public gardens. Lol

I leaned over a metal handrail to stare at tomatoes that were doing better than my neighbors and gave the rail a thoughtless slap.

The rail was loose and i failed to see the swarming yellow jackets that had been crawling by the cracked bit...

Two of them landed on my head three times & by then i was running. Lmao. :( and slapping my head and hair. Probably looked crazy...

Well when i ran past the Wicca store across from Marcis pub. A finch swooped down and ate the last hornet as it broke away from chasing me.

I was like OMG you saved my ass!!

Then after shopping and walking home, I came back out of the building with my bike and a finch (???? Same????) Landed on the handicapped parking sign right in front of my face and looked at me wisely.

@@

<_<

>_>

@@
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Saved By My Favorite Owl? Perhaps

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Last evening became a dire need to escape.
The day had been so hard, it really pointed out my inabilities.

I pointed the car toward Bennington lake, although dusk was already nearing.

After sitting on the hill near the parking lot on the dam, i walked on a trail dubbed Secret Trail by my husband and i. It's the place i found a huge half dooby on the ground and when I tried to show husband, he started walking ahead and ran into two fully bicycle-regalia-wearing gay guys locked in a passionate embrace & kiss.

LOL

Well i passed the bend in the trail and was talking to myself really loud about donald trump etc. The condition of the day.

I looked up and an enormous owl was perched impossibly on top of a skinny tree. Maybe a 20ft tree at most. She was so large and quiet that i wondered if it was just mistletoe. ...

I got the impression mrs owl came to hear the ranting and to make sure i knew it was time to go home. She has clearly come toward my voice and was unafraid.

I stupidly walked toward her instead of going back to the parking lot. She of course flew away :(

I walked a moment in the direction she had gone and stopped for some Gandalf time. Then i started panicking.

Because almost subliminally, i heard the quiet yelps of running coyotes. When they are on the move they do not howl. When they are running they make very quiet whines, yelps, squeaks.

I lost my cool and in the dark actually stepped off the trail. Unimpressed by the depth of panicmode, i found it again and finally a side trail up onto the access road.

At this point im telling myself What if you imagined all this. Then my gut says Fucking Idiot you need to Run.

I hear a coyote howl distinctly off to my left as i start running. It is answered about 5 or 10 seconds later by another howl from the opposite side of the dam.

I started running even faster, stopping only once for a few seconds and did not stop until I reached that parking lot.

Before i heard the first howls i could not stop thinking of the time my husband and i jogged out of there for the same reason, except that time one coyote howled right behind us and the whole pack answered.

They were triangulating us.
And last night somehow because i was alone seemed a lot scarier.

Ffs lol thank God for my owl friend.. she probably heard them coming into the park
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper

Return to “A Place for Gratitude”