Delusions of Superiority

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Spiritwind

Delusions of Superiority

Post by Spiritwind »

This is from Bernhard Guenther's Facebook page. It stimulated quite a bit of commentary. I'm simply reposting this here as food for thought.

The sense of feeling better than others who are still be plugged into the Matrix, or who haven’t had any profound awakening experiences; the lure of looking down on them is the most common trap many people fall into. This is especially the case when truth seeking is not combined with inner work. In the more extreme manifestation of superiority, we lash out on others, calling them names and attacking them personally for being “blind” and not aware (most often conducted via the internet/social media, hiding behind a screen).

The delusion of superiority is, in fact, a symptom of still being plugged into the Matrix, since the Matrix feeds off of Service to Self (STS) ego separation-consciousness (with its manifestation of “competition” in people’s personal and/or professional lives). We see this attitude play itself out most often in “truth seekers” who just “woke up” to the basics of the 3D matrix (the political illusion, government corruption and relating symptoms: the banking cartel, fake war on terror, lies of the mainstream media, false flag attacks, etc.) and lash out on people who are still asleep and hypnotized. In a sense, this is a normal stage as well. As the saying goes “The truth shall set you free, but first it will piss you off” (ironically enough, this was coined by CIA controlled opposition asset Gloria Steinham). So, anger is not to be judged as “bad” (spiritual bypassing), but we need to remain mindful to avoid projecting it outwardly.

This trap subject also ties into shadow projection. When we get emotionally riled up and project that reactive energy onto others – coming from sense of superiority – we actually feed the occult forces in the hyperdimensional realms. It stems from the “predator mind” by which these forces work through us, triggering mechanical/reactive behaviors to produce the “loosh” frequency they feed upon. There are varying degrees of superiority complexes, with various manifestations which we all can fall into (from subtle to very apparent). As long as we have an inner sense of superiority (especially the disease of moral superiority) or “specialness” in comparison to others – even without any external projections – the matrix has its hooks in us. This can also happen to “wanderers“, (individuals whose souls have incarnated from a higher density (4th or 6th density) into this 3rd density with a specific mission to accomplish in order to assist humanity), who are very identified with the wanderer (“starseed”) concept (seeing oneself as “better” than “humans”), and the ego feeds off of this divisionary mentality. This is also how negative forces target, hijack and derail wanderers from their mission – by appealing to the shadow aspect of their ego.

The trap of superiority is so common that it is almost a “natural” by-product of the awakening process. It can manifest itself at any given stage, even after having had a mystical awakening experience which the ego then hijacks. In other words, the ego believes itself to be awake, turning into a “spiritualized ego”. Many self-proclaimed masters/gurus (or even popular figures in the “truth movement”) have big superiority issues (cult of personality disorder) which their followers often feed with their “worship” and hierarchical-authoritarian programming, coming from a self-perceived inferior state of being, and thus putting another person on a pedestal.

More often than not, we have no control over when thoughts/feelings of superiority enter us. It can happen as a mechanical reflex response – as the sudden appearance of feelings of jealousy or anger. The key is self-observation, not trying to get rid of it (the axiom “what we resist persists” applies here), to say nothing of judging ourselves for thinking/feeling that way, which is very self-defeating. Avoid trying to push it away or acting on it; instead, we keep to working on ourselves, which helps to eventually detach our vibrational field from such thought intrusions; by not identifying with them positively (accepting) or negatively (judging ourselves/forceful resistance), we can slowly release them. Patience is key here.

A good thing to keep in mind that everyone reading this article was once fully “asleep”, caught up in the Matrix control mechanisms – none of us were born “awake”. We’ve all had our individual awakening moments, realizing that we have been believing in lies our entire lives, and that path to freedom is different for each of us. That’s where compassion and empathy come in, for both ourselves and others, even though blind/unconscious people who “dream to be awake” tend to support the matrix agenda, and hence unknowingly do a lot of “harm” despite their well-meaning intentions (for example: the belief in government, engaging in the political puppet show, which stems from a “Stockholm Syndrome” mechanism which is based on social conditioning, i.e. authoritarian programming, and hence feeding into the divide & conquer agenda).

It is important, though, to not fall into “blind compassion” or intellectualize compassion, which can result in a fake mask of “compassion” and pity for others, which, ironically, also stems from an unconscious sense of superiority. From a bigger picture perspective, it is also important to keep in mind that not everyone is here to awaken during this current cycle. There is nothing wrong with this truth, and there is no judgment…it is merely a function of the cosmic equilibrium.

- from THE PERILOUS PATH TOWARDS AWAKENING
https://veilofreality.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;…/the-perilous-path-towards-awak…/
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Eelco

Re: Delusions of Superiority

Post by Eelco »

Lol,

It has been known for a long time. I have to look up the reference but in Buddhist literature and teachings i have read numerous times of some who when they first experience the Dhamma as real and true they have an irresistible urge to tell it to everyone. It is usually accompanied by a word of caution not to mistake that stage for enlightenment itself. I'll have a look to see if can find it..

With Love and... Thank you
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I think sometimes the survival instinct is mistaken for a superiority complex. Those who want to survive more than others, one could say that they *are* superior.

Or did you mean verbal abuse patterns, in which case, what happened? ? @@
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. who am I kidding, this was very close to home & convicting. Not used to such accurate preach :)

Thank you for the beautiful reminder of humility being the foundation of longevity.

I might not make it that far.
~William Cowper
Sandy Clark

Post by Sandy Clark »

Guilty but with forgiveness for me too!! LOL

Naga you do make me laugh with your short but comical one liners of thruth regarding longevity :lol: !!
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Here is a beautiful except from a book that found me today in a restroom.

Page 371 of The Great Controversy
Section Light Through Darkness (348-350)

Regarding the Christ:

"It was needful for the followers of Christ to have an intelligent faith, not only in their own behalf, but that they might carry the knowledge of Christ to the world.

And as the very first step in imparting this knowledge, Jesus directed the disciples to "Moses and the prophets". Such was the testimony given by the risen Saviour to the value and importance of Old-Testament scriptures."
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I've been feeling somewhat acutely what Bernhard is speaking to, spiritual superiority. There exists such a fine line an often very subtle making one making it hard to detect this within oneself. The last month or so my inner reviewing has hit on the same realization, in my terminology I have been looking at spiritual arrogance both in myself and in others. How to recognize it remains an ongoing task of the vigilant observer.

There are times when actions taken or words spoken will appear to many as arrogant, especially if they provoke unwanted emotional reactions. Just as there are times when we gloss over aspects of our shadows with words of compassionate appearing love. What I have found for myself and via publicly exposing myself is that my often passionate nature has left me with a more complex view of how we are still projecting aspects of the shadow self. Indeed at some of the deepest levels of perception it can be difficult to determine who is the projector and who is the receiver... or who is the truthsayer and who is the deceiver.

In the first stages of awakening it is easy to hear a united call, something is horribly wrong with our world and we must do something to rectify it, help others wake up, we want to share what we have uncovered. Personally I never found this to be an arrogant or superior stance, it was an adamant inner rage that wanted to light fires in others. What I have found more difficult is dealing with the most hidden parts, those that play hide and seek with our consciousness and our perception of being good people, better people and more enlightened because we know so much. Those many of us who are long time seekers and those that identify with being starseeds, star wanderers, whistleblowers, truth tellers, alternative media gurus, initiates, etc. too often forget just how human we are. I will put myself in that category even while I have always known myself as deeply human, the relationship felt with the people of this planet is wrought with wild swings from admiration to despair.

Even the highest states of aware consciousness reside in the body which holds the trauma memories of ages past and present, for many this is a state of being that feels contracted and confusing. For others at tasting the inner power of creation it will feed the unacknowledged fractures of the ego complex. From my current perspective this is the crux of the matter for we are in a continual state of projection into the conforming reality, aware or not.

More difficult still, for myself at least, is having spent years holding a field, a belief in, and an acknowledgement of the potential pureness of freedom for those I consider friends then finding that we each can and will eventually hit a wall within where we do not choose to look, when this happens the shadow will come forward and show itself. How we navigate this outpouring is inherent in the choices we make, some retract while others project negative emotions in retaliation, only a few can hold the inner sword of Truth giving the fullness of allowance to the other to express their repressed self fully without judging or taking actions personally. That does not mean we stop feeling and seeing, it is often a challenge to hold center point balance for it demands a review of where the shadow hides in oneself. However when we can accomplish this a much larger picture, often lifetimes big one does appear. This type of seeing is not linear so difficult to describe, any attempt to do so seems to add complexity so often is best left unexpressed.

In closing it occurs to me that we are each others teachers, there are no accidents so the encounters and connections we make are crafted for our unique learning. Mastery of self is key and that is a never ending journey. The word completion plays in my mind.. what does that mean and what state of being will we ultimately come to? And by completing this cycle what comes next?

Being aware of the Universal stream of intelligence, being fed by this all knowing ever moving flow can fill you with what can be called arrogance or feelings of superiority, to deny that is self deception. Only the individual can determine through self observation whether they are projecting from a higher than thou state of being or are truly acting in accord with this intelligence. Our Earth plane, our Mother is all giving and yet she will often blow a hard wind or rock our shores, at some moments we might each be called to play that part, who is to know if this is right or wrong? My ongoing feeling of discomfort tells me that there is much yet to be played out and that there is an aspect of creation not yet seen, barely intuited so that by staying open and centered listening deeply within we may yet grow in a harmonic of comprehension that perhaps has never been known before.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Very meaningful ^

Thank you.
~William Cowper
Anders

Post by Anders »

Spiritwind wrote:This is from Bernhard Guenther's Facebook page.... since the Matrix feeds off of Service to Self (STS) ego separation-consciousness (with its manifestation of “competition” in people’s personal and/or proessional lives).
Almost correct, but not quite. :) The Matrix feeds on SERVICE! Service as an act of pleasure and gratitude is beautiful. Service as in slavery is not!!! Self-sacrifice is evil. Don't feed the energy vampires.

Ego separation-consciousness, yes that's the Matrix. Competition with consensus participation is fine, competition as in survival of the fittest is not. We need to establish a foundation where we are safe and with all the resources we need. Then all the Matrix crap will just fall away like snowflakes into the ocean.
Anders

Post by Anders »

There is also a collective delusion of superiority that is common in spiritual and alternative communities. And I'm not talking about a cultish form of delusion only related to a group of people, but an incredible hubris and delusion of grandeur regarding all of humanity here on earth.

The collective delusion takes the form of people claiming that planet Earth is very special and/or that humanity is very special and superior. Often people claim that we are so utterly special that we are the only species in the entire universe who has this or that special ability, or that our planet is some unbelievable superior place in the universe for some reason or another.

I used to roll my eyes figuratively speaking when hearing people talking about this kind of collective delusion of superiority. But then I realized that in some sense they have recognized the enormous potential we have and mistaken it for special superiority. We humans are unique, yes, and our planet is unique, yes, but so are all other planets! Are we humans here on earth special or superior? That's utterly unlikely considering the enormous number of other civilizations that most likely exist in our universe.

And I actually believe that the human body is special in the entire universe, but not because it's only us here on earth who have human bodies, but because the human body is a universal template. And all sentient beings in our universe have the potential for enormous power and capabilities. So EVERYBODY is extremely superior!

So the collective delusion of superiority is merely a result of people being too much trapped in the Matrix with its limitations and they recognize subconsciously that we human have much more potential than we have right now, and they mistake that subconscious feeling for a belief in superiority over others.

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”