Employing the Dark Side

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Christine »

The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Agreed.

Beyond all that, one thing I MUST EMPHASIZE:

The tactics, techniques, and methods I describe in this thread are all-but GUARANTEED to produce (to turn a phrase) sour grapes.

Most individuals are not want to engage in self-reflection, and such maneuvers (which agreeably involve artifice) will NEVER be appreciated by those who engage in (and are revealed by one's) artifice, and/or are revealed as/by such. Rest assured, the one who follows my advice will forever (in the minds of those detractors) be labelled as comparable to 'the devil'.
Is not to be cursed by the devil, to be truly blessed? - Qwai Chang Kaine, Kung Fu - The Legend Continues
But then, I refer to the OP: "Small wonder, considering the source (of such repute)".
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Hermit Says: Sour grapes make the best wine.

Gong, etc. ;)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Allowance is opening space for opposition to exist.

R E S P E C T for you both.

There is great value in opposing positions, it is the dynamic of polarities in which the opportunity for something new takes place.

Just don’t get confused about who the enemy is.

I had a great laugh reading the exchange, beautiful really.

Shezbeth – Samurai
Phil – Ram of Truth
Pris

Post by Pris »

Double Facepalm.
(It's not so bad when it's cute and cuddly.)

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Well that leaves me with a quandry.

This thread was intended to be essentially a list of techniques to be employed. I am not opposed to discussion and/or debate WRT the morality/amorality of using such techniques, however as I indicated to Donk, this is NOT the thread for it.

Or I suppose, since its been irrevocably derailed (AHEM) I suppose that's ALL it can be without engaging in the same sort of cleanup and/or 'censorship' which will have individuals wailing with a great crying and gnashing of teeth.

Thread derailing is an effective Dark Side technique, I'll admit.

P.S. Ooooh, there's a 'foes' button! <click>

P.P.S. Thanks for all the fish.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Well that leaves me with a quandry.

This thread was intended to be essentially a list of techniques to be employed. I am not opposed to discussion and/or debate WRT the morality/amorality of using such techniques, however as I indicated to Donk, this is NOT the thread for it.

Or I suppose, since its been irrevocably derailed (AHEM) I suppose that's ALL it can be without engaging in the same sort of cleanup and/or 'censorship' which will have individuals wailing with a great crying and gnashing of teeth.

Thread derailing is an effective Dark Side technique, I'll admit.

P.S. Ooooh, there's a 'foes' button! <click>

P.P.S. Thanks for all the fish.
OMGosh... there's some synchronicities here for me I won't divulge. I was a bit curious about this thread -- seeing how it would 'unfold'.

I've tried it myself, btw -- laying down 'ground rules' for my threads lol. People tend to ignore them. I suppose you can't really blame them. And, I'll agree that derailing a thread is a technique -- not certain I'd label it as 'Dark' though. But, the term 'Dark' does seem to 'fit' it in a comfortable kind of way. Sometimes, taking a topic in a different direction, steering it (a not-so-subtle form of manipulation) ...seeing it from a different perspective -- can be really fun and even beneficial to all who are involved. I'll admit, it often ticks people off, though. Does that stop me? Heck no. :twisted:

Thanks for all the fish... indeed. :D
Pris

Post by Pris »

If you have a list of 'techniques', by all means, share (may I ask that it's easy to read and more or less short ).

I prefer to see techniques in action and pointed out (examples) if you know what I mean. That's one of the best ways for me to learn.

This kind of knowledge is great for protecting oneself and others against attack.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Shezbeth, I am wondering if you really thought that a thread with the title "Employing the Dark Side" would not have repercussions?

As we all know the "dark side" has no sides, it lies in the shadows waiting to reveal. It will play its hand as it will and is really not "controllable or containable". Move, counter move - THE GAME

There is for me another way, and it lays down here in the middle, transparent for all to see.

Heartache - Heartbreak - HeartSpeak

Phil

Post by Phil »

I WAS actually sorry for trying your patience, as my intentions were not that...I honestly did believe you were missing a point, which was important to me, which I guess you consider some commentary on morality…so I’m removing from your thread.

And now I really am sorry for "derailing".

Enjoy your thread, it is now clear for your verbal artistry, I’ve removed my diarreah.
What is the purpose of your presence?

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”