Employing the Dark Side

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Shezbeth

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

Its not that I care whether or not people are lazy, stingy, whatever, it is that their laziness/etc. is an obstacle to my own self-promotion, development, and emergence. The problem is, they are in my way,... which is precisely why I devise clever(?) strategems and schemes to maneuver them out of my way.

If they would get out of the way to begin with, none of this would be necessary!

And,... let's be clear with cats. I love cats, I have opted to be the caretaker for several cats, but you're a fool if you think I would voluntarily rely on cats for any kind of A. subordination or B. production! That's just ASKING for trouble!
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Wait a minute.

Is it that they are in your way, or is it that your agitation of them is in your way?

In which case, who's way is in who's way? By the way.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:(Don't mind Shezbeth everyone. He's actually the reincarnation of Ayn Rand.)

;)

PS: I'm about half way through Atlas Shrugged for the third time. Still as riveting as the first time.
Objectivism (Ayn Rand)

Objectivism is a philosophical system developed by Russian-American writer Ayn Rand (1905–1982).[1] Rand first expressed Objectivism in her fiction, most notably The Fountainhead (1943) and Atlas Shrugged (1957), and later in nonfiction essays and books.[2] Leonard Peikoff, a professional philosopher and Rand's designated intellectual heir,[3] later gave it a more formal structure. Peikoff characterizes Objectivism as a "closed system" that is not subject to change.[4]
.....https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Objectivi ... yn_Rand%29

ROFLMAO!
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:Wait a minute.

Is it that they are in your way, or is it that your agitation of them is in your way?

In which case, who's way is in who's way? By the way.
OMGosh, this is so good. :mrgreen:
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I'm not sure if Shez has read either of the works listed, but Pris? Do yourself a favour and read The Fountainhead if you haven't already. It will freaking move you.

From your link on Rand:

Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism, and that the role of art in human life is to transform humans' metaphysical ideas by selective reproduction of reality into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and to which one can respond emotionally.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:I'm not sure if Shez has read either of the works listed, but Pris? Do yourself a favour and read The Fountainhead if you haven't already. It will freaking move you.

From your link on Rand:

Objectivism's central tenets are that reality exists independently of consciousness, that human beings have direct contact with reality through sense perception, that one can attain objective knowledge from perception through the process of concept formation and inductive logic, that the proper moral purpose of one's life is the pursuit of one's own happiness (rational self-interest), that the only social system consistent with this morality is one that displays full respect for individual rights embodied in laissez-faire capitalism, and that the role of art in human life is to transform humans' metaphysical ideas by selective reproduction of reality into a physical form—a work of art—that one can comprehend and to which one can respond emotionally.
Nope. Have not. I like... some of the ideas here in this tiny paragraph... but others completely irk me. I'd say there's something irking about 'isms' in general...
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Audible.com has it on audio book. The best way to discern Rand's philosophy is to read her fiction, and trust me. It's a book you won't be able to put down. There's a running joke here in the philosophy department about Atlas Shrugged being too long (you could hurt someone if you hit them with the book!)....like you needed 2500 pages to make a point that you could see in a paragraph? :D

Trust me Pris. They are amazing works of fiction in their own right. Classics. Not quite Shogun in nature...but....we've digressed and diverged from the path long enough.

Sensei, continue please. :)
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Oh sure, plenty to say when I'm asleep, but when I'm on,.... <poof>

Ah ha ha,... a clever turn of phrase that doesn't mean a whole lot. Lucky me.

No, irritation is a resource which I apply toward developing a strategy to get them out of my way. I reiterate my point of them getting the F out of the way. It would be one thing if their obstruction was to serve some purpose or agenda (aside from apathy, laziness, complacency, etc.), but no, their obstruction is simply that of a child playing musical chairs but refusing to stand up when the music starts.

If you've read 'The Peter Principle', that's what I'm talking about.

Don't be a shit. Xp
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Well, I pull weeds...and compost them. And shit has redeeming qualities used in proper places and proportions too. ;)
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

So should I toss you in the dung heap then?

"I have no flaws...

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”