Employing the Dark Side

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Post Reply
User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

Sorry, my internet went into a coma for about a week. Its all better now.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

User avatar
Christine
Site Admin
Posts: 2241
Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:29 pm
Has thanked: 4197 times
Been thanked: 4412 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Christine »

Carry on ...
Image
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

A co-worker recently (jokingly) admonished me for being an 'over-achiever' yesterday. I told him 'Thank you for noticing, but the correct word would be 'winner''.

He did so because I have an ongoing strategy to emerge and promote myself within the company.

That strategy involves ceaseless application toward whatever 'needs doing'. Simply put, I'm always working and always looking for new/exciting ways to be busy. I've maintained this strategy since I started with the company, almost 2 years ago.

One could rightly and correctly indicate: my strategy is a diabolical plan to convince MGMT that I'm the kind of person who out-performs everyone else and whom they can turn their backs on and when they look again will find me working just as hard; that is precisely what it is.

One of my favorite people gave me the highest compliment I have ever heard; he said - and I'm paraphrasing - "Your pride won't ALLOW yourself to produce anything but the highest standard pf performance."

One might suggest that the plan was even premeditated and to a degree conspired, as I regularly make a habit of staying late or leaving early to train on new equipment or to observe different jobs. Over the course of that almost 2 years, I've chalked up over 120 hours of unpaid overtime, and that's not counting the unpaid time I spent promoting myself just to get the job.

This tactic falls under 'dark side' because it involves a rigid and uncompromising degree of control exerted over other people's perception over time. It requires that the evidence one present be spotless and meticulous with minimal allowance for error, and a maintenance of that evidence/perception which can be lost at a moment's notice or the slightest mis-calculation.

Simply put, it is control by way of action, potentiated by a most effectively focused reason, driven by an insatiable resolve.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

Pris
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:51 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Sorry, my internet went into a coma for about a week. Its all better now.
I pull out dis one.
Take week for stoopid hooman to figure out.


.............Image
.
.

Pris
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:51 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:A co-worker recently (jokingly) admonished me for being an 'over-achiever' yesterday. I told him 'Thank you for noticing, but the correct word would be 'winner''.

He did so because I have an ongoing strategy to emerge and promote myself within the company.

That strategy involves ceaseless application toward whatever 'needs doing'. Simply put, I'm always working and always looking for new/exciting ways to be busy. I've maintained this strategy since I started with the company, almost 2 years ago.

One could rightly and correctly indicate: my strategy is a diabolical plan to convince MGMT that I'm the kind of person who out-performs everyone else and whom they can turn their backs on and when they look again will find me working just as hard; that is precisely what it is.

One of my favorite people gave me the highest compliment I have ever heard; he said - and I'm paraphrasing - "Your pride won't ALLOW yourself to produce anything but the highest standard pf performance."

One might suggest that the plan was even premeditated and to a degree conspired, as I regularly make a habit of staying late or leaving early to train on new equipment or to observe different jobs. Over the course of that almost 2 years, I've chalked up over 120 hours of unpaid overtime, and that's not counting the unpaid time I spent promoting myself just to get the job.

This tactic falls under 'dark side' because it involves a rigid and uncompromising degree of control exerted over other people's perception over time. It requires that the evidence one present be spotless and meticulous with minimal allowance for error, and a maintenance of that evidence/perception which can be lost at a moment's notice or the slightest mis-calculation.

Simply put, it is control by way of action, potentiated by a most effectively focused reason, driven by an insatiable resolve.
Just curious: Do you actually like the job, or is that a non-issue for you?

I personally have a strong repulsion to 'handing myself over' (going 'above and beyond', even if it is an illusion for their eyes) to an... employer/overlord/whatever -- especially if it requires a lengthy stay. In the meantime, they are benefiting from you, too, obviously...

Are you going to stab them in the back at some point? On one hand, it sounds like you are conspiring to gain a 'throne'. On the other hand, it also sounds like a way to justify your consent to enslavement -- throne or no throne.
.
.

User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

I absolutely adore my job! Its PERFECT for the emergent individual!

Alot of the rest,... that's not 'free' information. ^_~
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

Pris
Posts: 392
Joined: Tue Dec 22, 2015 1:51 am
Has thanked: 369 times
Been thanked: 434 times

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:I absolutely adore my job! Its PERFECT for the emergent individual!

Alot of the rest,... that's not 'free' information. ^_~
Oh, good. Glad to hear it. :) Perfect for the emergent individual? Perhaps. I betcha my definition of what is 'perfect' for an 'emergent individual' is different from yours.

Still, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would like to hear more. You are a curious creature. I winky back at you.
.
.

User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

I will, but that will be covered in the Dojo.

I'm of the mind that a 'suitable' job is a requirement of a Zonbi Nin, but I'll get into that in the Chains.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

User avatar
Eelco
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:12 pm
Location: Gaia
Has thanked: 271 times
Been thanked: 777 times

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Eelco »

Shezbeth wrote: That strategy involves ceaseless application toward whatever 'needs doing'. Simply put, I'm always working and always looking for new/exciting ways to be busy. I've maintained this strategy since I started with the company, almost 2 years ago.

One could rightly and correctly indicate: my strategy is a diabolical plan to convince MGMT that I'm the kind of person who out-performs everyone else and whom they can turn their backs on and when they look again will find me working just as hard; that is precisely what it is.
.....................................................
snip
.......................................................
Simply put, it is control by way of action, potentiated by a most effectively focused reason, driven by an insatiable resolve.
I am very curious as to what you control by your actions..
If it's some external outcome say promotion I am almost sure you will be disappointed, the degree of which depends on the size of the company you work for.

If the fruits you are expecting are internal then I say.. Keep up the good work.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~

User avatar
Shezbeth
Posts: 248
Joined: Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:52 pm
Location: WA State
Has thanked: 249 times
Been thanked: 310 times
Contact:

Re: Employing the Dark Side

Post by Shezbeth »

Simple.

I control the quality/quantity of output.

When one is opposing the stingy-ness of corporate-types, one will ALWAYS see the law of diminishing returns manifest,... but that does not mean that one experiences NO returns,....
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

Post Reply

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”