Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Pris

Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

Post by Pris »

Are you a psychopath?You probably already know one way or the other. If you are, don't be an asshole -- take the test anyway and share the results so that unwary forum members are given a bit of forewarning lol.

If you don't think you're a psychopath, great. Take the test and share with us just how... vulnerable you really are. Don't be shy. :twisted:

This is mostly for fun. Don't take it... too serious. This is just one silly (likely inaccurate) test. I haven't a clue how they arrived at the score. I scanned through a bunch of tests and this one didn't suck as bad as the others. It's fast, just 17 questions:

http://www.quotev.com/quiz/961137/The-Psychopath-Test

Drum roll...

Here are my results:

Psychopath

Psychopath-Curious

Victim

Normal

For interest's sake, I think
these are the result totals of
everyone taking the test:

Normal

Psychopath

Victim

Psychopath-Curious

Pris

Re: Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

Post by Pris »

To be clear... just because you're a 'psychopath' doesn't necessarily make you a 'bad' person. :D

I welcome any and all responses.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

For you Pris I took the test ... what a load of crap!! LMAO

Of the multiple choice questions not a single one fit what I would really say. Of course they have to make the answers fit in "their" predetermined categories, all contrived too!

So I am happily normal! Yay!

True psychopathy, we all know what that is and don't need no stinking badges or labels to let us know.

My Normal
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:For you Pris I took the test ... what a load of crap!! LMAO

Of the multiple choice questions not a single one fit what I would really say. Of course they have to make the answers fit in "their" predetermined categories, all contrived too!

So I am happily normal! Yay!

True psychopathy, we all know what that is and don't need no stinking badges or labels to let us know.
HAHA I'm pleased you got a laugh out of it at least! Still, you do seem to take it seriously enough to admit you are 'happy' to be 'normal'. What does that say about you? Hmmmm? :D

Yeah, yeah, dumb questions. If you think those were bad, you ought to glance over some of the other tests. For example, how does having been in trouble with the law or being incarcerated have anything to do with necessarily being a psychopath? I figure if you got caught, you're not very smart for a psychopath (I lean towards 'real' psychopaths being rather clever. I may be somewhat biased here. :lol:).
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hey, you out there. Join the fun!

Meantime, here's a question for those who (more or less) know me.

Do you think I am a psychopath?
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Pris wrote: Do you think I am a psychopath?
Care to define psychopath?

;)
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Pris

Post by Pris »

1inMany wrote:
Pris wrote: Do you think I am a psychopath?
Care to define psychopath?

;)
Haha good one! I do think 'they' have lowered the bar for what we might consider a so-called, full-fledged psychopath. They just want everyone 'medicated' and placated. If you're a psychopath ruling the world, the last thing you want is up-and-coming, shit-disturbing 'psychopaths' ruining things for you.
Cathryn

Post by Cathryn »

Oh gosh lol, I don't usually comment on 'psychopath' threads, its such a huge subject and very serious, making light of it as the above 'test' does can have implications for people of a more 'sensitive' nature. The thing is: it is very difficult to label someone as a psychopath because it is on a continum from mild narcissim (we all have traits) along to a fully fledged psycho.

A test completed by a successful psychopath can never be absolute because they know how to answer the questions. Bob Hare (Alberta, Canada) who has the dubious reputation of the world expert says he has been fooled on more than one occasion. that it is very difficult to diagnose even with his 'psychopathy checklist'. The administered test also needs to be backed by personal observation, additional questioning, historical evidence and many more points before it can be said a person fits the profile.

Part of the problem is that it is unethical and almost impossible to conduct a study from a random population, most studies are conducted in prisons where the psychopathic population rises from 4% (general population) to somewhere between 16 and 24%. Successful psychopaths never get caught. Plus there is a fundamental difference between male and female psychopaths, even though evidence suggests predominantly male (4:1) aprox, but a female has a different way of 'operation' which has been described as 'light the blue touch paper and stand well back' getting a rise from stirring the pot and watching the fallout, by whatever devious means possible. Thus they are not part of the action and rarely does their pathology become obvious, the ratio is likely to be more even than evidence suggests.

So what I am trying to say is the above test is way off base just enjoy and laugh but don't take it seriously pleeeease.
x
Pris

Post by Pris »

Cathryn wrote:Oh gosh lol, I don't usually comment on 'psychopath' threads, its such a huge subject and very serious, making light of it as the above 'test' does can have implications for people of a more 'sensitive' nature. The thing is: it is very difficult to label someone as a psychopath because it is on a continum from mild narcissim (we all have traits) along to a fully fledged psycho.

A test completed by a successful psychopath can never be absolute because they know how to answer the questions. Bob Hare (Alberta, Canada) who has the dubious reputation of the world expert says he has been fooled on more than one occasion. that it is very difficult to diagnose even with his 'psychopathy checklist'. The administered test also needs to be backed by personal observation, additional questioning, historical evidence and many more points before it can be said a person fits the profile.

Part of the problem is that it is unethical and almost impossible to conduct a study from a random population, most studies are conducted in prisons where the psychopathic population rises from 4% (general population) to somewhere between 16 and 24%. Successful psychopaths never get caught. Plus there is a fundamental difference between male and female psychopaths, even though evidence suggests predominantly male (4:1) aprox, but a female has a different way of 'operation' which has been described as 'light the blue touch paper and stand well back' getting a rise from stirring the pot and watching the fallout, by whatever devious means possible. Thus they are not part of the action and rarely does their pathology become obvious, the ratio is likely to be more even than evidence suggests.

So what I am trying to say is the above test is way off base just enjoy and laugh but don't take it seriously pleeeease.
x
Thank you for your thoughts, Cathryn! I agree with you -- this subject is huge and very serious. And, I agree that we all have traits from the mild to the extreme. I don't think there is such a thing as an 'absolute'.

Being that this topic is so huge and serious, I thought I'd make light of it on purpose. On a side note, I don't think the test is... entirely off base... but, yes, it is not to be taken too serious. It's a personal thing... I'm always amused by tests. Anyway, I'm open to chat about all this in a more or less non-serious manner.

Is it my imagination or do people seem deathly afraid to discuss this subject on a personal level? The idea is to inject some humour in here. If we can't laugh at ourselves, we're hooped. We talk and talk and talk about facing our 'dark side' (if there is such a thing). Well, here's our chance.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Oh, come ooorrrrnn.... Somebody else take the test. And, share the actual results. I'm curious. I need something.... to compare myself against. What are you worried about? I doubt you'll get a higher score than me. Yes, that's a dare.

What's that you say?...

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”