Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Pris

Re: Take The Test to Find Out If You're A Psychopath

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Not surprising, I got a 73% on Pris' test #1,.. and for #2,... (I also didn't care for the pidgeon-holing questions of the first one)

"You score for primary psychopathy was higher than 87.41% of people who have taken this test.

You score for secondary psychopathy was higher than 63.38% of people who have taken this test. "

It seems my 'average' is increasing,... only a few years ago I used to get pretty much solid "50%",... makes me wonder if my 'average' IQ has changed,... it would make sense, my diet has been progressively increasing/maintaining quality over the last 8 years (all credit to a certain someone), so it wouldn't surprise me if my cognition has improved,....
DAMN -- you beat me! (I can't help but feel somewhat disappointed.) ;) Whooo, those are high numbers... I would not be surprised if your IQ has increased over the years and that your cognition has improved. My own diet has changed radically in recent years (improved), and I must say, these forums are a mental blast -- I'm literally wearing out my keyboard.

So, yeah, you beat me.
Stick that tongue back in.

Pris

Post by Pris »

Spiritwind wrote:Well, I didn't take any of the tests, but funnily enough the day you started this thread, Pris, I had went to a used book store where I have some credit for books I have traded, to look for some good books to help my eight year old grandson with his reading homework. Along with a bunch of books for him, I picked up an old paperback, entitled "The Psychopath Test; A Journey Through the Madness Industry", by Jon Ronson. Looks to be a good read, with exciting chapters, such as Night of the Living Dead.

I remember reading "People of the Lie" by M. Scott Peck many years ago, this being quite a pivotal book for me. That was back when I was living with a psychopath, a very charming good looking one who did fool a lot of people, including me for quite some time. When your life has been almost destroyed by one, it can take a long time to see anything light or humorous about the situation. But, (I know this is terrible of me) I did have the last laugh, because he died rather tragically about 10 years ago. I do, now, see that it was a valuable experience for me I probably needed to have, having started out exceptionally naive.
That's something of a synchronicity you had... finding that 'psychopath' book. Interesting!
Spiritwind wrote:But if you can lie like a full blown psychopathic personality does, I would agree with Cathryn, that it's going to take a lot more than a test to flush them out. Might have to even employ a bit of the dark side yourself, as Shezbeth talks about, to get them to reveal themselves.
Yes, I agree with this. Btw, you have seen Shezbeth's scores? :lol:

If there's one thing I think 'full fledged' psychos hate is being found out. 'It takes one to know one' I'd say definitely plays into this. Being able to recognize certain traits in advance because you may have some of those 'tendencies' can definitely be helpful to yourself and others... as a kind of early warning.

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

OR, it could be that years of abuse, neglect, and a variety of inter-social issues which DO tend to make a person something of a basket case, or that the issue is more complicated than a simple label like Psycho-/Sociopath, and that such terms are actually as(more?) offensive (for a variety of reasons, not just derision) than some of the most insulting phrases,....

Think about it; people with autism show 'signs of sociopathy'. People with social anxiety disorder show 'signs', as with ADHD, and others. Hell, if you look at the DSM, half of the conditions show the SAME symptoms!

But that's okay, lets blanket people with a term that has only a tentative definition, associate them with some of the most heinous people in history, and call it good.

Fuck you.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

I pretty much agree with that Shezbeth, a deplorable trait to label living Beings. Nothing personal here, I have always rejected labels, diagnosis and all manner of titles, its a sovereign thing.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Thanks to you.
Tests are fun but considering the weight of reality, seeing the word psychopath constantly is starting to piss me off a bit too.

Some people were raised so rough that their survival mechanism is to hide the majority of pain, and deal with issues singly. This leads to disjointed thinking but its not irreversible.

Those who suffer enough to understand psychopathy can actually be very emotional and feeling people. Is it their fault when the feelings are overwhelming or reminiscent of the pain?

Of those who test as psychopathic, how many actually function well? I doubt there are too many billionaires on EE..

I especially appreciate Shezbeths insight regarding ASD people suffering this label of psychosis.

I wasn't going to say anything about this thread but it was a factor in my recent blowout, so to be fair to Christine, there it is.

Pris & Shez should be doing Mensa challenges anyhow, not worrying about the teeth in the horse lol
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

You know it is really fine that we let the all the cats out of the bag, that we snarl even but there is also wisdom in knowing when to pull back, when to smooth and when to let go ... there is always that piece of letting go. Any single tact will ultimately lead back to self, a good place to sit for awhile in one's own reflection.

Love all ways and always.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

I can't help but share a few snippets from the little jewel of a book I just picked up and referenced above.

The author, Jon Ronson, starts out the second chapter with a reference to the DSM-IV-TR, in his second chapter, The Man Who Faked Madness. He comments about how there wasn't anything in there specifically about psychopaths, and that the closest he could find was Narcissistic Personality Disorder. He goes on and writes it:

"...could be that many of our political and business leaders suffer from Antisocial or Narcissistic Personality Disorder and they do the harmful, exploitative things they do because of some mad striving for unlimited success and excessive admiration. Their mental disorders might be what rules our lives. This could be a really big story for me if I can think of a way to somehow prove it.
I closed the manual.
I wonder if I've got any of the 374 mental disorders I thought....I instantly diagnosed myself with twelve different ones. "

Then, he says:

"I was much crazier than I had imagined. Or maybe it was a bad idea to read the DSM-IV when you're not a trained professional. Or maybe the American Psychiatric Association had a crazy desire to label all life a mental disorder. "

Maybe I'm just crazy myself, but I was highly amused at this small synchronicity to what is being discussed here.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Pluto's Child

Post by Pluto's Child »

Pris wrote: Hey, thanks for sharing (and having a great sense of humour about it)! That's Simpson's episode is too much! :lol:

According to the tests, it seems to be that you're more or less 'normal'.

What do you think of that? :?:

I'm glad you appreciated the Simpsons vid, I was a bit worried that you might not have taken it in the spirit it was posted in :mrgreen:

I'm certainly not normal lol, (we may get around to that one day), but possibly reasonably "balanced" due to decades of hard work.

The questions in that quiz were very interesting from a more distant perspective, in that it was between two polarities, that could be most easily be put as STS & STO.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:OR, it could be that years of abuse, neglect, and a variety of inter-social issues which DO tend to make a person something of a basket case, or that the issue is more complicated than a simple label like Psycho-/Sociopath, and that such terms are actually as(more?) offensive (for a variety of reasons, not just derision) than some of the most insulting phrases,....

Think about it; people with autism show 'signs of sociopathy'. People with social anxiety disorder show 'signs', as with ADHD, and others. Hell, if you look at the DSM, half of the conditions show the SAME symptoms!

But that's okay, lets blanket people with a term that has only a tentative definition, associate them with some of the most heinous people in history, and call it good.

Fuck you.
Oh, my... you are thin-skinned, aren't you? You are offended? (Btw, that's no surprise coming from you. Typical.) I'm supposed to care that you are offended? Shucks! Get over it. Nobody is 'blanketing people' here. We needed a context in which to begin an interesting conversation. And, I think we've succeeded.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:I pretty much agree with that Shezbeth, a deplorable trait to label living Beings. Nothing personal here, I have always rejected labels, diagnosis and all manner of titles, its a sovereign thing.
It's 'a deplorable trait to label living Beings'? I don't think so. I like some 'labels'... You can't really get around labels. Rejecting or liking labels has a lot to do with our personality types, too, btw. (I may start up a personality type thread at some point unless someone beats me to it.) There's so many degrees of... this 'condition' we are discussing. ;)

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”