You Can't Hide from Your Inner Shit

"Evil is a source of moral intelligence in the sense that we need to learn from our shadow, from our dark side, in order to be good."
-John Bradshaw
Christine
Site Admin

You Can't Hide from Your Inner Shit

Post by Christine »

I know that we can support each other in clearing our individual psyche --- the only way out is through.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
norman

Re: You Can't Hide from Your Inner Shit

Post by norman »

I do that.

It's easiest if you don't even think of it as shit.

"Shit", is really just the mess of wrong activation of the mind.

Reboot......reboot.......reboot......reboot........

See my previous posts for howto.

edit to add;

if you give it a narrative, you only perpetuate it.

Usually, in my experience, people perpetuate it deliberately because they are actually hooked on the intellectual drama of it. Among other things, it gives them loads to talk about.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Looks around for referred to posts on how to...

I agree norman, though one does have to call "a mess of wrong activation of the mind" for what it is. Sometimes folks just don't get it any other way.

My favorite part of that quote is this: Be patient and so f*cking tender.

norman wrote:I do that.

It's easiest if you don't even think of it as shit.

"Shit", is really just the mess of wrong activation of the mind.

Reboot......reboot.......reboot......reboot........

See my previous posts for howto.

edit to add;

if you give it a narrative, you only perpetuate it.

Usually, in my experience, people perpetuate it deliberately because they are actually hooked on the intellectual drama of it. Among other things, it gives them loads to talk about.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hmmm. My advice Christine, if you want it,
Just do your best work, your very best, leaving no energy behind for worrying about its acceptance.

If you've really and truly done your very best, people will be touched by that regardless of mindset.

Repetition is brainwashing but a truly brilliant work will continue to shine no matter how much time goes by.

We are not responsible for the mindset of others and a good rule is to wait to be invited. We are responsible for ourselves and the effects of our actions on others, whether we are "caught in the act" or manage to stay below the radar.

Inner child is a nicer term for me personally; im sure there are others here who have been called Little Shit etc as children. Shadow work is very personal and triggering people in order to make them vulnerable sucks.

I do tend to judge a thread by its title , tell me if I am misinterpreting the intent of threads like private messages are not private and your inner shit, etc.

Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

I'm in agreement w/ Naga. First off, when one does their best - repeatedly, doggedly, and without restraint - trivialities become increasingly trivial. This sets in motion a process which I hope others experience with frequency and enthusiasm.

Though still in agreement, I contest that we are responsible for the effect of our actions have on others. While in a directly consequential relationship - our actions vs the perceptions of others - how the consequences are received have a direct and immutable affect on the overall effect of our actions on others.

I'm sure there are others who would readily disagree, but I don't have inner shit. I have proclivities, predispositions, and idiosynchrasies, but if I were to describe them as 'inner shit', I would be throwing the baby out with the bathwater yes?

I agree with integrating all aspects of the self in a conducive dynamic, and I appreciate that 'inner shit' might be the term that jump-starts the process for some, but IDK. I agree with the implications of the OP,... but I am not impressed by the author's choice of diction/expression.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Christine wrote:Image

I know that we can support each other in clearing our individual psyche --- the only way out is through.
The intense challenge I'm having right now is that in doing this, it's become more of a wresting match than anything. Suffice it to say, I'm getting more comfortable in embracing the pain and the tears. Recognizing that this is as much a physical condition as it is an emotional one, making sure to make adequate dietary changes as well.

Weight training is actually one of the points of the day that I'm able to focus on anything *but* the hurt.

The hurt?

It is anything but easy to watch, and engage with, a loved one who is slowly dying in front of you. The conversation I'm going to have to have, or at least contemplate having, is one that won't go well. As an aquaintence who worked in a nursing home told me, old men are not fun to deal with.
A year ago it was not like this...home care, maybe a full time nursing home now. I don't want to go there. I know he doesn't.

I really, really hope I don't end up like this. Embracing the loneliness isn't as difficult as realizing how deep it goes, and how profoundly powerful it can be should I cave for even a moment. Prayer is my friend. The moment I wake up the mental prayer begins, it doesn't stop until I'm asleep, and I'm not convinced it doesn't stop there either. Sometimes I roll over in the middle of the night in the middle of a decade. (lol)

The healing: It doesn't happen over night. It takes as much time as it takes. We have the commonality of knowing the cause may be different but the means to acquiesce the effects is the same...and that's very comforting because we may have to be alone in the source, but we are not except by choice in the process.

I needed this. Now you got me in tears!! ;)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Hello Lady Fireball - To be honest, it is not advice I offer nor advice I seek. I love everything you just said.

Interesting to note that such a quote would get such varied reactions, I posted it on FB and lots of people found inspiration in it, so if to some it sounds rude, so be it. You know I have written over a thousand posts about Love and wisdom, held so many hands and written so many private messages of support, and what gets a reaction is the word shit. Why so squeamish?

Like Shezbeth I prefer an eloquent turn of the word but so often the meaning between the words is missed. Or maybe it isn't and I am not aware that what is said is heard. The whole of our reality seems to be interpretive. For myself I see no relationship to this thread and "private messages are not private".

So if we get right down to it, it is our shit that is contaminating this jewel of a planet, and there is only so much she will take, even in her infinite love. Call it the dynamics of balance, the swing of the pendulum or rectification or transformation. My one and sole purpose is to open the doors to the inner potential in all of us... love.

Love you so much R.

I beheld you in a vision this morning, we were floating on a piece of earth in a dark sky, at first I could barely see you, as you had shrunk so tiny. Then a small child in a blue dress was visible, I held her hand.

We knelt down and tended to the shoot of a tender plant, loosening the soil around its base, there emerged a small flower.

I looked up and there was a huge dark shadow behind the little child, it writhed in the sky obscuring the stars we knew where there. I invited the child to sit with me in my lap, she did and we looked up together.

The dark shape held for sometime and then by some miracle force it began to dissolve and the brightness of the night sky revealed, the stars twinkled so close we could touch them.

I hold nothing back and the flow of all that ever was and will be ran through me, the clear waters of love, the tithing of ages flowing eternally into the next moment …

Naga_Fireball wrote:Hmmm. My advice Christine, if you want it,
Just do your best work, your very best, leaving no energy behind for worrying about its acceptance.

If you've really and truly done your very best, people will be touched by that regardless of mindset.

Repetition is brainwashing but a truly brilliant work will continue to shine no matter how much time goes by.

We are not responsible for the mindset of others and a good rule is to wait to be invited. We are responsible for ourselves and the effects of our actions on others, whether we are "caught in the act" or manage to stay below the radar.

Inner child is a nicer term for me personally; im sure there are others here who have been called Little Shit etc as children. Shadow work is very personal and triggering people in order to make them vulnerable sucks.

I do tend to judge a thread by its title , tell me if I am misinterpreting the intent of threads like private messages are not private and your inner shit, etc.

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Whoa. WHOA,... allow me to (stop me from!) interject here for a moment,....
Christine wrote:So if we get right down to it, it is our shit that is contaminating this jewel of a planet, and there is only so much she will take, even in her infinite love.
Allow (stop!) me to(from) begin(ning) by suggesting that anyone who presumes to speak on behalf of the planet is doing so,... prematurely (that is NOT the adjective I was going to go with FTR {for the record}). If I may be so bold as to suggest, I would do so to present the idea that - not uninspired/corroborated - humanity is to the earth as staphylococcus is to a human's skin; really not much of a problem when you look at it that way, and nothing a good anti-bacterial can't handle (don't think that the Earth doesn't have antibacterials!).

Having said, I would also caution against bandying about that whole 'You' term, especially when making references to visionary/dream/perceptive ideas. I'm not besmirching that an individual can perceive things in a particular manner, but that assumes that the individual's perception is operating at 'flawless' capacity,... which I suggest is beyond the capability of the human organism. ^_~
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Phil

Post by Phil »

I read the message as a way of saying that acting on our shit is what keeps in loops, preventing us from doing things differently.

It stunts growth and keeps things going in the direction they are going. On an individual level, you cling to your bad habits and old traumas, it will physically manifest in illness and isolation as long as you keep it.

I think that's what's Christine is mentioning on an "as above" level, if we continue the old ways and patterns, we cause more destruction on the earth (and therefore ourselves)

I think it's a message that we need to pay close attention to our behaviors and thoughts and beliefs that we take for granted "serve" us...we may be lying to ourselves. Take responsibility, make sure your words and actions are creative, rather stuck in old shit you can only change by changing yourself, your thoughts and feelings about them
Last edited by Phil on Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Your interjection is accepted quiet gracefully ... I speak from my inner communion as part of the Earth, She does speak through me in ways incomprehensible to the hooman mind. To state this in the most transparent manner in which I can, the best I do is interpret the conversation with my words. Not asking that they be accepted, to each his own, though in a expanding sea of resonant cohesion there seems to be a deeper communion emerging, this sea of intelligent life is the one I intrepidly do my best to express.

And then there is the natural order of things which you so IMHO rightfully stated, the healing of the staph infection becomes necessary for the survival of the body. Exactly my point. Of course she has antivirals, many of them have woken up to that fact. Flawless... I would suggest that it is a momentary state of being that can be achieved within this human vessel, there are moments when everything coalesces into a lucidity that could be interpreted as "the astounding perfectness of it all."

Riding the wave is more akin to what she feels like.
Shezbeth wrote:Whoa. WHOA,... allow me to (stop me from!) interject here for a moment,....
Christine wrote:So if we get right down to it, it is our shit that is contaminating this jewel of a planet, and there is only so much she will take, even in her infinite love.
Allow (stop!) me to(from) begin(ning) by suggesting that anyone who presumes to speak on behalf of the planet is doing so,... prematurely (that is NOT the adjective I was going to go with FTR {for the record}). If I may be so bold as to suggest, I would do so to present the idea that - not uninspired/corroborated - humanity is to the earth as staphylococcus is to a human's skin; really not much of a problem when you look at it that way, and nothing a good anti-bacterial can't handle (don't think that the Earth doesn't have antibacterials!).

Having said, I would also caution against bandying about that whole 'You' term, especially when making references to visionary/dream/perceptive ideas. I'm not besmirching that an individual can perceive things in a particular manner, but that assumes that the individual's perception is operating at 'flawless' capacity,... which I suggest is beyond the capability of the human organism. ^_~

Return to “The Dark Side - Exploring Our Shadows”