Philip K. Dick

"I feel like everything is inspired by something else. There is no 100 percent original thought."
Ne-Yo
Christine
Site Admin

Philip K. Dick

Post by Christine »

This one made me think, it goes deep.

Art credit: Sofia Bonati

“There is no route out of the maze. The maze shifts as you move through it, because it is alive.” ~ Philip K. Dick
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Re: Philip K. Dick

Post by Fred Steeves »

Sort of goes hand in hand with Robert Anton Wilson's idea of "Chapel Perilous":

"Chapel Perilous, like the mysterious entity called ‘I,’ cannot be located in the space-time continuum; it is weightless, odorless, tasteless and undetectable by ordinary instruments. Indeed, like the Ego, it is even possible to deny that it is there. And yet, even more like the Ego, once you are inside it, there doesn’t seem to be any way to ever get out again, until you suddenly discover that it has been brought into existence by thought and does not exist outside thought. Everything you fear is waiting with slavering jaws in Chapel Perilous, but if you are armed with the wand of intuition, the cup of sympathy, the sword of reason and the pentacle of valor, you will find there (the legends say) the Medicine of Metals, the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher’s Stone, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness.

That's what the legends always say, and the language of myth is poetically precise. For instance, if you go into that realm without the sword of reason, you will lose your mind, but at the same time, if you take only the sword of reason without the cup of sympathy, you will lose your heart. Even more remarkably, if you approach without the wand of intuition, you can stand at the door for decades never realizing you have arrived. You might think you are just waiting for a bus, or wandering from room to room looking for your cigarettes, watching a TV show, or reading a cryptic and ambiguous book. Chapel Perilous is tricky that way."
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Philip K. Dick

Post by Christine »

"if you are armed with the wand of intuition, the cup of sympathy, the sword of reason and the pentacle of valor, you will find there (the legends say) the Medicine of Metals, the Elixir of Life, the Philosopher’s Stone, True Wisdom and Perfect Happiness."

Thanks for posting this Fred, I am of much fewer words these days and when it all gets churned into to a single drop of pure liquid light something tells me that we will finally be home.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Inspiration and Food for Thought”