Accountability

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Spiritwind

Accountability

Post by Spiritwind »

I look up words all the time to make sure I really do understand what they mean, and that I am using them correctly when writing. Sometimes words just seem to jump to the forefront of my mind, as if wanting to be noticed. Writing is also called spelling for a reason, so it’s important to think about how we string words together to form sentences (even sentencing could be explored, LOL). Don’t know how long I’ll keep going with this, and anyone is welcome to join in, but I’m going to just start highlighting certain words, especially those that seem to jump out at me for whatever reason.

The first one up is accountability.
https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/accountability" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you take responsibility for your own actions, you show accountability. Stepping up and admitting it when you break something shows accountability.

Accountability is a noun that describes accepting responsibility, and it can be personal or very public. A government has accountability for decisions and laws affecting its citizens; an individual has accountability for acts and behaviors. Sometimes, though, taking accountability means admitting you made a mistake. Punishment may result, but accountability shows ownership and a willingness to admit mistakes.

https://www.walkthetalk.com/media/sneak ... ity_01.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

“Hypocrisy exists in the space between language and action.”

This article is rather long, but good for deepening our thoughts on the subject. I would share parts of it but just lost all of what I tried to copy and don’t want to do it again. I hold myself accountable, LOL. It’s a very good article, even though it is designed for business. Any project that we work on with others or relationships we are in can benefit from this understanding. It talks about front loading accountability, so that what we expect from one another can be clearly understood. It also takes us back to the original meaning of accountability, and shows us how we can make our relationships work better by making our intentions clearly known. Intentions and expectations are a two way street, and playing the blame game has never got us anywhere. Clear communication is a valuable tool in any relationship, so not speaking our truth is, in a way, not being accountable. This can stimulate fear and anxiety, especially when an inner conflict arises, or we just don’t want to rock the boat. Truth speaking is an act of courage, and like a muscle, gets stronger and better the more we do it.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....

Return to “Dis-spelling the Spell - words, words, words”