Rationalize

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Christine
Site Admin

Rationalize

Post by Christine »

Listening to a lovely woman who speaks truth. She was using the word rationalize to express this: "Barter away your integrity." This hit home and when something hits me in the chest it is imperative in me to take a deeper look. As I have said to self and other it is necessary to recapitulate back to self and your own integrity. It's deep.

She is also speaking the word that recently came to me and it is this: Reckoning ... yes, we are in the process of a reckoning, has to come and will.

rationalize (v.)

1767, "explain in a rational way, make conformable to reason," from rational + -ize. In the psychological sense of "to give an explanation that conceals true motives" it dates from 1922. Related: Rationalized; rationalizing.

rationalized; rationalizing
transitive verb
1 : to bring into accord with reason or cause something to seem reasonable: such as
a : to substitute a natural for a supernatural explanation of

rationalize a myth

b : to attribute (one's actions) to rational and creditable motives without analysis of true and especially unconscious motives

rationalized his dislike of his brother

; broadly : to create an excuse or more attractive explanation for

rationalize the problem

2 : to free (a mathematical expression) from irrational parts

rationalize a denominator

3 : to apply the principles of scientific management to (something, such as an industry or its operations) for a desired result (such as increased efficiency)
intransitive verb
: to provide plausible but untrue reasons for conduct
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.

Return to “Dis-spelling the Spell - words, words, words”