Why Reading Is Better for Your Brain Than Videos

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Naga_Fireball

Why Reading Is Better for Your Brain Than Videos

Post by Naga_Fireball »

From Google:

"Reading a book is better than watching television as it gives the reader a chance to imagine the text themselves and develop their theory of mind. For children, this means there is a greater chance of developing a sense of empathy with the character."

Just in case anyone tries to tell you otherwise.

(Spiritwind does have a beautiful voice though, so does Christine)
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
norman

Re: Why Reading Is Better for Your Brain Than Videos

Post by norman »

I'm going to have to disagree with that.

While the freedom to imagine the meaning of every word could be wonderful in a perfect world, the imaginary interface between word and memory/manifestation is a hacker's paradise. I don't mean computer hacker. I mean reality hacker.

I mean !.... look at the rise of dodgy destructive isms since the rise of a literate society. No amount of good things to have come out of it can compensate for the bringing on of near ( so far ) total destruction of the tribal groups who nurtured it and gave it life.
Last edited by norman on Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

norman wrote:I'm going to have to disagree with that.

While the freedom to imagine the meaning of every word could be wonderful in a perfect world, the imaginary interface between word and memory/manifestation is a hacker's paradise. I don't mean computer hacker. I mean reality hacker.
That doesn't make any sense. Especially in a world with things like CNN live.

So you are saying, without a parental authority face on screen spelling out the words, the words are less?
~William Cowper
norman

Post by norman »

No, that's nothing at all to do with what I'm saying.
"The tyranny of a prince in an oligarchy is not so dangerous to the public welfare as the apathy of a citizen in a democracy." -- Charles de Montesquieu
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

norman wrote:No, that's nothing at all to do with what I'm saying.
Do we need to make a video in order to communicate it?

I can go to dshs and ask for sign language too if you want.

P.s. i love your avatar, it conveys such annoyance and suffering while telling nothing of the lurker beneath.

It's ok for the round circle of grand jerkoffs to talk shit apparently but not little old me, I love the grand old dad good ol boy system of fake cred.
~William Cowper
norman

Post by norman »

'A Video' is a technological facsimile of a real human interaction. It involves 2 of the 5 senses working together. It communicates a lot more than the written word as is, with not much room for misunderstanding. It keeps us out of fiction land quite well. Obviously zionist Hollywood just takes the piss but that's another story.

A lot of my recent interest has been in the area of the ethnic genocide of the northern Europeans, by design. So, that's what's coloring my current view about most things including this thing about printed words and the so called literacy that grew out of it and goes with it.

P.S. you're more that all right fireballs. Your askin stuff and saying stuff, and have more energy going in to it that I do.

I like listening to interviews a hell of a lot more than I like reading. Actually, I hate reading. I even avoid very long posts.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

norman wrote:'A Video' is a technological facsimile of a real human interaction. It involves 2 of the 5 senses working together. It communicates a lot more than the written word as is, with not much room for misunderstanding. It keeps us out of fiction land quite well. Obviously zionist Hollywood just takes the piss but that's another story.

A lot of my recent interest has been in the area of the ethnic genocide of the northern Europeans, by design. So, that's what's coloring my current view about most things including this thing about printed words and the so called literacy that grew out of it and goes with it.

Videos are products, generally designed to fulfill the purpose of convincing the audience that what has been recreated on film is representative of fact.

Not sure who you thought you were fooling.

Re your proNordic rant. CNN yesterday ironically wrote that Icelanders are among the healthiest on earth, and it is only the coincidence of their small isolated numbers that allows geneticists to study them at all.

But we could pretend otherwise and go to great lengths to prove a meaningless point.

My energy is limited also.let's not fight forever. Lol
~William Cowper
norman

Post by norman »

Hey, I'm not in a fight with you. I'm only disagreeing about written words.

If CNN says something, I tend not to even bother thinking about it.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Is Mercury retrograde right now? I'm sure it must be. The above was actually fun to read. And, truly, I have never met such a fireball as you Naga.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Spiritwind wrote:Is Mercury retrograde right now? I'm sure it must be. The above was actually fun to read. And, truly, I have never met such a fireball as you Naga.
I don't want to make your website unpleasant.

Just hoping we keep our 'safe space' here safe -- remember what brought us together initially was not fun, but was in the end, good.

There are people who resent the existence of splinter forums and we have the right to exist!

My light is not always very clear or very bright, I am not a Lighthouse or an angel or even a leader, but hopefully you can see that to a degree I do strive for honesty even if it is not what people want to hear...

Fire is not the best source of light, but it sterilizes and helps render things down to another level, where the essential nature of the thing can be absorbed.

There is a very specific energy signature and pattern to some of the things that trigger me here. I am not good at subtlety or nuance but in spite of that, am sometimes good at seeing where outside powers are meddling with our norm.

Some of the stalkers from the other forum hated people of disability so much they they kept track of their court dates, mental health charts, any little thing they could use as an attack. You guys know who I am referring to. What I don't know is if he was asked by Bill Ryan to engage people.

Hoping you guys can stand the heat and understand what it is I'd like to burn up.

Not an Eelco or a Cristian or anything close to home.. which is why I loathe to bring any of that layered feeding cult stuff over here!!
~William Cowper

Return to “General discussions”