Dancing with death

Post by Professor Doom »

Female kurdish sniper

[youtube]https://youtu.be/XAyxb4zXDTA[/youtube]
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Dancing with death

Post by Christine »

Professor Doom, along with your enigmatic name I suspect that this post is meant to provoke thought along some line so here are a few thoughts that arise in me.

How do we bridge the reality, even if we are convinced this is a simulation it is still a reality, that so many millions are living in a state of war, not one they necessarily chose but one inflicted on them by the very cabal that has been thoroughly unmasked? They know of this cabals' existence, they know it by the destruction of their homes, the taking of their children's lives, the destruction of their very right to exist. Retro view or fast forward view this mode of operation hasn't stopped playing its diabolical tune.

For weeks now a refrain from one of Janis Joplin's songs plays in my thoughts: "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose…"
Playing with this phrase backwards and forwards it is potentially true, for when we are able to let go of everything and retain our memories, our dignity, our integrity we do take steps towards ultimate resolution and freedom … however it isn't true when you have the very substance of you life ripped away and the bombs still fall.

So while in an expanded state of consciousness we feel free, we are able to perceive the intelligent field of our own and that of human potential … yet? I am always dealing with this juxtaposition of realities.

A young woman confronts death, perhaps because she has nothing left to lose.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

I have my doubts as to the authenticity of that video. First off why is she smiling? Second, why is it even being filmed in the first place?
Christine wrote:For weeks now a refrain from one of Janis Joplin's songs plays in my thoughts: "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose…"
I always thought that was Janice's song as well, until I bought a Kris Kristofferson CD a few years ago and realized it was his.

He shares an interesting little story on it's history, I think you'll enjoy it.
http://performingsongwriter.com/kris-kr ... bby-mcgee/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Well Fred and Christine and Dr. Doom. Dr Doom thank you for starting this thread. Christine,Thank you for bringing up the part of the song of Me and Bobbie Mcgee. Fred thank you for providing the link and when I read and then played the song as Janis sang it, My heart broke open once again.

My Dads favorite song was this one and he always wanted his boys to play it whenever we got together. (Three brothers that all play guitars). So we would play that song and he would sing along. His last year on this plane of existence we would go over to he and moms and play that song for him. He would get up and dance with Mama. He knew he was dying from cancer but he was dancing with death in his heart and it was always a tear raiser to see him just enjoy and quietly slip on out. So every time I hear that song I can't help myself from just crying.

Thank you all
Steven
Fred Steeves

Post by Fred Steeves »

Thanks for that Steven, from now on I will think of your story when I hear that song.

There's another song by Kristofferson, that heavily reminds me of my own Dad's last few days. I would play it over and over again on the hour trip coming and going to the hospital each day.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sU_tjb0MceY" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The unexamined life is not worth living.

Socrates
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

Okay Fred, Thank you very much for acknowledgment of Dad. I just listened to Kristofferson's song that so touches your heart in remembrance of your Dad and his farewell from this plane. That also brought tears to my eyes and a swelling in my heart. I have to say the same. Whenever I hear that song now Your telling and your Dad will be thought of.

Steven

Return to “General discussions”