Open forum to talk about Earth Empaths' purpose and guidance

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Chicodoodoo

Re: Open forum to talk about Earth Emapths' purpose and guidance

Post by Chicodoodoo »

Christine wrote:I would change that one word ugly to beautiful...
Quite right. The truth is ugly from the perspective of the controllers. It is quite the opposite from the perspective of the deceived.
Christine wrote:...and one's whole perspective changes.
That is a "chicken and egg" question of which comes first. But I appreciate what you are saying.
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.
Chicodoodoo

Post by Chicodoodoo »

Dear Christine,

Suppose a historical revisionist wanted to challenge Irene Zisblatt on the accuracy of her Auschwitz story. Zisblatt is a white-haired grandma full of encouraging words. She offers verbal "love and light" to almost everyone she meets, so everyone likes her. Naturally, her friends will all rally around her to oppose the heartless devil who dares question her story of pain and suffering. They will certainly silence him if they can.
Sandy Clark wrote:Waves had been made by myself on all forums I visit.
Suppose a forum member wanted to challenge another well-liked forum member on the accuracy of her story. How could this be done without disturbing the peace and harmony of the forum, without creating division, and without resulting in censorship or banishment of the challenger?
It's not that we can't handle the truth. It's that they can't handle us if we know the truth.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Fred Steeves wrote:
Christine wrote: My enemies have become some of my greatest teachers.
Amen to that.
I usually find myself reflecting on my own words internalizing them so to speak. Truly when speaking of enemies I feel a need to look at the whole concept, much like Maggie is doing on her thread. A perception that some one is your enemy will bring out differing degrees of reaction. There is often an immediate sense you must defend yourself. Or you find thoughts that provoke you to 'do unto them what they have done unto you', these thoughts I have thoroughly rejected, first because it is not in my nature and secondarily because it only augments the conflict and for those who need enemies it gives them the fuel they are seeking to keep this necessity of keeping the enemy alive. That is not to say that at times, such as the murder of our cat, I wanted to seek revenge. I find this natural and don't judge myself for these feelings, however within conscious awareness I don't actualize or allow these feelings and thoughts to take hold. In a relatively short period of time they are absolved within me.

Defending your self is more difficult to exorcise and unwrap. If one's physical well being in danger we are wired to fight or take flight, this is basic to nature and necessary for survival. If one's emotional or psychic well being is in danger we have many manners we can deal with it and this is complex, the way through is very personal. All I can offer is to relate my own experiences, I do so partially to better know myself.

It's taken me many years to take down internalized barriers when I feel encroached upon or attacked. Sometimes these feelings arise because I am experiencing anxiety or fear. At other times because indeed someone is using words, lies, psychic vectors, or endangering some aspect of my physical environment. I am sure all of us here have experienced all of this and more. A very common response, and it is often the one desired from the person "attacking" is to close down, put up emotional walls or retaliate. I have found that none of those responses serve me. What I have learned over time is to clean out my own space, deeply penetrate what I am actually afraid of, question what part of me brought about this experience. By doing this I have discovered that we aren't always mirrors to each other, there is actually a state of being that is translucent able to embrace the totality of the all and by doing so transmute the energies. In this manner I have come to comprehend that the enemy is no longer enemy.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Chicodoodoo wrote:Dear Christine,

Suppose a historical revisionist wanted to challenge Irene Zisblatt on the accuracy of her Auschwitz story. Zisblatt is a white-haired grandma full of encouraging words. She offers verbal "love and light" to almost everyone she meets, so everyone likes her. Naturally, her friends will all rally around her to oppose the heartless devil who dares question her story of pain and suffering. They will certainly silence him if they can.
Sandy Clark wrote:Waves had been made by myself on all forums I visit.
Suppose a forum member wanted to challenge another well-liked forum member on the accuracy of her story. How could this be done without disturbing the peace and harmony of the forum, without creating division, and without resulting in censorship or banishment of the challenger?
My way has been to challenge the veracity of the information in a manner that is truthful and be as gracious to the one who posted as possible. This is no guarantee that by challenging the story I won't upset someone, this is bound to happen and has. I know that when we started touching on the Hitler story some contributors decided EE wasn't for them any longer. I've learned to accept that as inevitable and don't strive to be nice to keep people on the forum.

Let's use your example and suppose that the person who posts the video you linked to really believes the woman's story for whatever reason; perhaps she has a relative who was at Auschwitz, or was so emotionally enmeshed in the story that an ability to discern was lost. As I stated earlier I have friends who are Jewish and for them there is a virtual wall that they can't/ won't/ don't want to get past because they identify with their religion and culture, I've learned to not put import in the personal reactions and respect that is where they are.

I can't think of any reason why we can't challenge testimonies, videos, information shared without the need to resort to pointing out the qualities that we dislike in the forum member posting. Chico, we all admittedly have blind spots, and if we are honest with our selves certain prejudices. What I keep posting about is developing a heightened state of inner awareness and ability to Know you own truth and that means own your truth and the responsibility that comes with it. It takes a certain courage to disclose yourself without any necessity to have people like you, believe you or follow your lead. It takes even more courage to stand alone in your Truth. I have learned over and over again to not use any tactics that are forceful, manipulative or return hate with hate. The most viable Truth I have found is Love and when we can truly Love the All we are in reality the change.

This for myself is Wisdom and can only be acquired via experience. Moving from a judgemental mind to an open mind is not just related to what we post on this forum, it is fundamental to unfolding our highest potential as living beings.
Chicodoodoo

Post by Chicodoodoo »

Christine wrote:My way has been to challenge the veracity of the information in a manner that is truthful and be as gracious to the one who posted as possible.

This for myself is Wisdom and can only be acquired via experience.
My way has been to challenge the veracity of the information in a manner that is truthful and be as gracious to the one who posted as is merited. To determine merit requires judgment, which you perhaps call "Wisdom". Both are acquired via experience, and both words are often used interchangeably.
Christine wrote:Moving from a judgemental mind to an open mind is not just related to what we post on this forum, it is fundamental to unfolding our highest potential as living beings.
Moving from a judgmental mind to an open mind is not necessarily a wise transition, in my opinion. Both are valuable in merited degrees. The challenge as usual is to determine what degree is merited for each.
Christine wrote:I have moved some posts from public view and removed content from one that has no place here. If anyone wants to read they are on the Litter Box thread, out of public view.
Censorship, in my view, is excessively judgmental and minimally open-minded. Yet you employ censorship even while suggesting the wisdom of moving from a judgmental mind to an open mind. Do your actions align with your words? When I try to discuss the censorship with you, you ignore the subject and essentially admonish me for being off-topic (here), even though you feel justified posting off-topic yourself. Again, do your actions align with your words? Who is to decide what is on-topic and what is not? Is that decision derived from a judgmental mind or an open mind? Is such a decision even needed? And the fall-out of that decision, is it not ultimately censorship?

I don't think you have really thought this through, Christine, which is why I suggest you are still reacting according to how you have been programmed by your Moderator experience at Avalon. But I could be wrong, and it could be me that has simply not attained a sufficient level of enlightenment to understand your reasoning. If that's the case, I look forward to your gracious instruction.
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Christine wrote:Earth Empaths forum came into being rather magically for it was a gift from a friend. One morning while still in Ecuador I woke to find links to two websites and the forum in my mail box. I received this gift with joy and still do. It is an experiment really, for we never made rules and we don't have any ongoing chats about how to administer contributors or content. Please note a dislike for concepts like members, admins and ownership. We each have a contribution to make via our words, our research, and by openly sharing our lives, our loves and our dilemmas. We each have the freedom of our individualized assessment of what we read here as to whether it has value or not.

In the over two years that this forum has existed there have been only a few occasions where myself or another stepped in with an action of moderation.

Alluding back to another thread I posed some questions and they are ones I think we few that contribute here are ready to address and that is to discuss how any group, be it a small forum or a large societal group can be guided peacefully and fairly. Words are often traps so I purposely did not use governed. My inner concept is one of stewardship, a temporary function that means to take care of, and even that word fails to convey deeper insights.

I will make an assumption something that I am not prone to but will right now for the purpose of this thread, and that is that those of us who post here find value in the continued existence of the EE forum. It is with this spirit that we openly discuss issues that may arise, that we propose ideas of any actions that may be necessary and how those actions are decided upon.
The one word that stands out for me is "gift". To me, that sums up the purpose. If it was originally a gift, then this is what it is for all who come here.

Guidance is needed sometimes as we are still growing. I like that we are given the opportunity to share the responsibility as a circle where each have a say. I stand by the decision where poop was picked up and placed in the litter box where it belonged. We even found a a way to transform this litter..ally.
Om Mani Padme Hum
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Chico ~ I am not inclined to get into a debate with you. I have clearly stated my perspective and you have yours.

When we use words like merit and judgement we are of necessity referring to a personal point of view. The question may be obvious; Who decides what merits a gracious reply or no reply at all? Who determines the inner drives of another? The answer should be equally obvious; The one who is viewing and how they perceive is determined by innumerable factors including past traumas, education, cultural upbringing and their reflective interactions with people and the world around them. For myself I have let go of the need to prove to another what they don’t see and allow myself the gift of listening to a deeper chord, one I know as Wisdom.

You are more than welcome to have your opinions about what motivates me. You are the owner of your thoughts and so most likely will continue to act (write) as you see fitting. The reality is that you don’t really know me, all you have is a limited view through your personal lens that unavoidably will distort what you see. I can accept that this is true for most of us most of the time.

What we are freely given is choice. We can choose reaction or find a state of being that is nonreactive. The most valuable lesson I learned during my time on PA was to become nonreactive to the opinions of others about me. This wasn’t a process of suppressing my emotions, it was more akin to a reaming out of my soul that freed me from any need to conform to others opinions. The whole of my life is a learning to walk alone.

You use the word censorship loosely in trying to make your point. I did not censor anything that anyone brought forth as facts, ideas, or inner musings. What I moved out of public view was none of those things, in my opinion that I stand by, it was unwarranted and barbed personal statements about other contributors on the EE forum.

By extension this forum is our garden in which to express ourselves. And anyone who gardens knows there are moments when weeds must be pulled or moved. On the other hand if one plants a garden following a natural order either via experience or by studying methods that allow each plant to grow side by side there is little chance that weeds will thrive.

To be true to my inner growing field I will end with a note about love. In all of my uncovering and discovering there is only one ultimate truth and that is Love.

Christine
The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances:
if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

~ Carl Jung
Chicodoodoo

Post by Chicodoodoo »

Moonlight wrote:I stand by the decision where poop was picked up and placed in the litter box where it belonged.
One man's poop is another man's fertilizer. It's really a shame that something natural that promotes growth and health is seen as waste by some and simply thrown away.

Christine wrote:Chico ~ I am not inclined to get into a debate with you.
Naturally, because I think you know you are in the wrong. Bill Ryan was the same way when it came to his unjustifiable censorship of others at PA. How can you follow in his footsteps?
Christine wrote:I did not censor anything that anyone brought forth as facts, ideas, or inner musings. What I moved out of public view was none of those things, in my opinion that I stand by, it was unwarranted and barbed personal statements about other contributors on the EE forum.
So you did censor, but you justify it by claiming you removed "unwarranted and barbed personal statements about other contributors on the EE forum." There were plenty of those directed at me all along, which I can link to if you missed them. So your first act of censorship at EE had to wait until I finally responded to my detractors in kind, though in a much gentler way and with humor. Where is the fairness in that?
Christine wrote:In all of my uncovering and discovering there is only one ultimate truth and that is Love.
I suspect that's not open for debate either. Do you still believe you are moving from a judgmental mind to an open mind?
Moonlight

Post by Moonlight »

Chicodoodoo wrote:
Moonlight wrote:I stand by the decision where poop was picked up and placed in the litter box where it belonged.
One man's poop is another man's fertilizer. It's really a shame that something natural that promotes growth and health is seen as waste by some and simply thrown away.
As you probably know Chicodoodoo, composting is an art as is gardening. It is not wise to use fresh poop directly in the garden, although some vegetables prefer a less composted manure. The poop has been transferred to the litter-ally where it is being composted for further use in the gardens.
Om Mani Padme Hum
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Sharing to share.
She woke this morning, body tired and spirit rising. The day dawning before her inner eyes. The warm richness of life filled her and with this came a bubble of joy, in that moment she laughed creating more bubbles expanding space with each outburst of mirth. She smiled and as she did the feeling of effervescence tickled her spine creating even more delight.
The Nicaraguan-American artist Marcio Díaz creates lush colors and Rocky Mountain vistas with thousands of tiny bubbles
in a one-man art movement he calls “Bubblism.”

Return to “General discussions”