Eleven Things We All Can Do:
So, I’m almost done reading New Confessions Of An Economic Hitman, and for a long time now I have felt the need to do more than just talk. I want to do. Many of these I am already doing or are in the works, and feel it is a worthy list. This is, of course, from chapter 47 of the book. There are many ways we can make a difference, even if they seem inconsequential. Every little thing does count, in moving away from a death inducing mindset. You’ll have to read the book to get the full skinny, which I encourage you to do.
1. Keep telling a new story.
2. Shop and invest consciously.
3. Live consciously.
4. Pick a cause.
5. Become part of the living local community.
6. Flood media outlets, corporate executives, and government officials with information.
7. Support reform movements.
8. Encourage the creation of local, national, and/or international parks.
9. Fight for campaign finance reform and/or climate change regulations (not so sure about this one, personally, but to each his own).
10. Avoid debt.
11. Make heroes and icons of people who are working to create a better world.
He also has a list for students, retired people, both together, and even corporations, as well as entrepreneurs. The idea here is to move out of a sense of despair and hopelessness, into one of empowerment and action. Together we can make a difference. One of the things that motivated him into accountability and action was his love for his daughter, and the kind of world she would end up inheriting. I, too, have children and grandchildren. Just throwing my hands up and saying there is nothing I can do just doesn’t cut it for me. Reading this book has renewed my sense of inspiration and dedication to being the change I wish to see in the world. With love for all life.
Would have wrote more, but need to go shut the generator off to save on fuel, which means bye bye internet for awhile. To connect with his work check out the following:
http://Www.johnperkins.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://Www.dreamchange.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://Www.pachamama.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 1277
- Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 4:24 pm
- Location: Inland NW, U.S.
- Has thanked: 2293 times
- Been thanked: 2657 times