Poll :Do you want the "thank you for this post" feature disabled on this forum?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali

Do you want the "thank you for this post" feature disabled on this forum?

Poll ended at Sat Jan 02, 2016 3:18 pm

yes
33%
no
67%

Total votes: 15

Pris

Re: Poll :Do you want the "thank you for this post" feature disabled on this forum?

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Uhm, look at the link associated with the title of each post,....

^_^

Happy New Year! (returns to his booz n company)
...kaay, tried it. That doesn't really help. Pain in the @ss actually. I'd rather see numbers as I scroll.

Thanks anyway, Shez. :p

Yup, err, happy new Gregorian... whatever back. Any excuse to... party, huh. :mrgreen:
Blue Rising

Re: Poll :Do you want the "thank you for this post" feature disabled on this forum?

Post by Blue Rising »

Guess which way I voted... XD

To be honest, it is a pain in the butt to log in and reply to anything. I miss the days when I had a desktop computer, sitting atop an actual desk, always at the ready. I usually catch up with my phone, and I can't type well with my thumbs, so I rarely say anything. If I didn't have my thank you button, I wouldn't leave much of a trace. And those of you who have outlined the reasons for using it have expressed my reasons as well.

First and foremost, honestly, I "thank" to let the person who shared their thoughts know that someone is listening. Someone appreciates that time and energy.

fwiw.
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I'd miss it if it was gone.

Part of it for me is that sometimes I can't respond right away to something I've read because I'm gobsmacked...and writing while gobsmacked can be a bad thing. That thanks option when I figured out where it was and how to use it saved me from having to write "Thanks for that, I'm going to reply, but I'm gobsmacked right now and if I did reply it would sound rather bad."

And I bet Pris has a great gobsmacked picture of a kitten. :D
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:I'd miss it if it was gone.

Part of it for me is that sometimes I can't respond right away to something I've read because I'm gobsmacked...and writing while gobsmacked can be a bad thing. That thanks option when I figured out where it was and how to use it saved me from having to write "Thanks for that, I'm going to reply, but I'm gobsmacked right now and if I did reply it would sound rather bad."

And I bet Pris has a great gobsmacked picture of a kitten. :D
Gobsmacked stimulus:

Gobsmacked response:

Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Lol I meant the poll. God I loved that movie, Pris :mrgreen:
Pris wrote:
Naga_Fireball wrote:I use Thanks kind of like bookmarks.. It's a way to track threads without using the other notifications.

However Thanks provides a means for stalkers & others to track people as well. And it being removable is creepy as a provocateur can Thank then remove it after tracking the behavior of others.

Thanks can also tip you off regarding how long a person has been posting or lurking.

But like I said, they are convenient shorthand that makes communication easier via phone for those lacking normal computer terminal.

Thanks for this thread lol.
But where's the Undecided and Don't Care options for our rebels, nuggets, hippies and flesh puppets?
Yaay, stalkers and trackers. Good point. Still, they'll do it with or without thumbs. You want to avoid crap, don't post on forums. Don't post at all. Better yet, don't go on the internet. Don't have a computer... Don't use a cell phone (I don't, at least that's one down)...

As for an Undecided and a Don't Care button, that's complicated. Not sure that's necessary... If you are really undecided and/or don't care enough, you can always post a quick comment and/or smiley. Example: :| Example: :roll:
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Pris

Post by Pris »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Lol I meant the poll. God I loved that movie, Pris :mrgreen:

Please explain?

....oh wait... glimmer of light... You mean tracking people using the poll feature?...

ps What movie?
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Bladerunner and as poll options. The poll had only yes/no
Pris wrote:
Naga_Fireball wrote:Lol I meant the poll. God I loved that movie, Pris :mrgreen:

Please explain?

....oh wait... glimmer of light... You mean tracking people using the poll feature?...

ps What movie?
~William Cowper
Pris

Post by Pris »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Bladerunner and as poll options. The poll had only yes/no
Pris wrote:

Please explain?

ps What movie?
Okay, thanks.

Yes, Bladerunner... it's quite the cinematographic masterpiece, isn't it? 8-)
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Gosh yes. I always lol & shiver when Pris (in the movie) does that scary squeal and cartwheel thing (or tumbling). It's so disturbing, like getting attacked by giant Barbie... Very effective torture for us 80s kids
~William Cowper
Pris

Post by Pris »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Gosh yes. I always lol & shiver when Pris (in the movie) does that scary squeal and cartwheel thing (or tumbling). It's so disturbing, like getting attacked by giant Barbie... Very effective torture for us 80s kids
Hehehe! What can I say? Pris is a beast.

Return to “General discussions”