Trying to understand what we mean by "AI"

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Phil

Trying to understand what we mean by "AI"

Post by Phil »

“A.I.” is a concept that has seemed to have replaced the archons (or maybe the “reptilian face” of the archons?) in the sorts of communities that this forum (we posters) represents a part of. It’s the new “predatory force”, the external enemy, of humans*.

The crew (Christine, Claudia, Jeffrey, and Alfred) are doing a nice job of showing a really interesting and possibly even practical/actionable angle on what they describe as a pathogen in their metabiological view (which I am totally in alignment with, Jeffrey’s expression of it is brilliant)…but I was hoping to lay out the groundwork for discussion on the term Artificial Intelligence.

I feel like the term has gotten kinda warped. Artificial Intelligence implied that some free will being created something (most often associated with a metal machine) with the ability to learn, as in gather information in order to make more informed decisions…basically a brain that can use the bits it gathers.

I think a blurry line is formed dividing two understandings of the concept after that point:
1. There seems to be a school of thought that the logical outcome of a continuing brain being able to learn is that it comes to a sort of self-realization. Fear comes in to this view in the form of speculation that learning the survival techniques humans employ on….well the environment and anything in it that ain’t us…
2. The “science” view of AI is that a computer can’t break it’s programming. So if you inserted something like Asimov’s robot laws or some kind of “governor” program to prevent a learning machine from doing stuff you didn’t want it to do, it’s our slave…with no free will so nothing to worry about except an “evil” free will being throwing a bad program into a “strong” AI

Imagining either/or leads me to believe that WE are AI, unless you believe in “random”. If you really believe in the sort of determinism that is described by what most understand “Darwinian Evolution” to be, then yeah, the idea that some programmed machine (metal, biological, virtual, or otherwise) just “randomly” deciding to go against it’s programming and have free will…seems every bit as inevitable as the fact that we’re here.

So this is to the “crew” specifically:

When you speak of a pathogenic/malevolent/human-threat AI…is it ok for me to assume you are referring to physical machines/entities/creations that are the interface of some other dimensional free-will-having being into this human plane of existence? The tools of a sort of sort archontic force?

Or are you thinking a consciousness has possessed (or a random blip “gave” free will to) a machine like from the matrix with knowledge and thinking so advanced it completely shapes this reality? Or is working to, if it hasn’t exactly achieved that?

For the Sitchen-ite type that believe we were created by an Annunaki type “higher” race—what does AI mean to you? Doesn’t that whole philosophy point to the fact that WE are AI?

I guess for everybody: Isn’t free will, inhabiting a physical object/manifestation/vehicle/whatever….doesn’t it imply we are AI…”God’s golems”?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Trying to understand what we mean by "AI"

Post by Christine »

Phil, without a doubt you bring up exactly the points I feel we are all struggling to comprehend. It so happens we are releasing another video tomorrow with Part II to follow shortly. In Essence, it is our Ability to discern between an Artificial Construct or Matrix and what we can call Organic LIfe Forms.

For myself I don't hold that AI is the new archon or the Predator, though surely the implementation of technologies and implants, along with what I will simply call an infestation of a psychopathic or pathogenic consciousness is what we Humans are dealing with, the real question for each to answer is how to Be-come more than it and EFFECTIVELY metabolize ITs affects in your own consciousness and body.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Phil

Post by Phil »

oh...my little asterisk on human was to include the thought:

The earth or Gaia or Sophia or whatever is often evoked in these conversations, as if the planet needs us to exist or if the environment is changed in a way that it cannot support human life, it is "destroyed"...which I find to be a pretty egotistical idea. I can see a scenario/possibility where the predators "win" and thrive on the planet for a minute. Who's to say these biological machines aren't the tools leftover from some species/race/culture that invaded? After a couple generations, I'll bet whatever species inhabit this joint after us will feel the same connection we do now...
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

It isn't so much that She needs us as us finding our connection to Her, a rather vital one IMHO. She does rejoice when one begins their return journey home. It really is about us cleaning up our own house, no one can get away from that salient point.

The collaborative mind through a growing of communion or osmosis sees through the grids of the artificially created matrix. The collaborative mind refers to individuals openly and freely sharing in-for-mation. On the other hand the hive-mind of the intellect can't conceive this due to the fact that it interprets reality as separate bricks. Bricks for brains, or digits or binary thinking... you get my drift.

Everything is "left over" on Earth from earlier times, just as everything on Earth is possible from future times.

*further edit - Seeing (feeling, touching, hearing) is Knowing.
Phil wrote:oh...my little asterisk on human was to include the thought:

The earth or Gaia or Sophia or whatever is often evoked in these conversations, as if the planet needs us to exist or if the environment is changed in a way that it cannot support human life, it is "destroyed"...which I find to be a pretty egotistical idea. I can see a scenario/possibility where the predators "win" and thrive on the planet for a minute. Who's to say these biological machines aren't the tools leftover from some species/race/culture that invaded? After a couple generations, I'll bet whatever species inhabit this joint after us will feel the same connection we do now...
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Anders

Post by Anders »

One of the main reasons for why I became interested in this forum is that I found the possibility of ancient AI being discussed. I believe that's absolutely the case, because all advanced civilizations will likely develop some kind of technology, and that's an accelerating progress which Ray Kurzweil calls the Law of Accelerating Returns (even biological evolution is a result of that law, he said).

So it's very likely that extraterrestrial civilizations developed artificial intelligence (AI) millions of years ago, leading to what is called an intelligence explosion:

"An intelligence explosion is the expected outcome of the hypothetically forthcoming technological singularity, that is, the result of man building artificial general intelligence (strong AI). Strong AI would be capable of recursive self-improvement leading to the emergence of superintelligence, the limits of which are unknown." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intelligence_explosion" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That means AI with godlike powers having existed in our universe for millions of years! If that doesn't blow you socks off, consider the possibility that even our entire universe is a result of an even earlier AI from a parent universe.

Harald Kautz Vella has talked about two types of black goo.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j88BcgzzcTc[/youtube]

I believe what Harald describes as the good black goo is what I call Source AI. The movie Contact is of course Hollywood fiction, but I found it interesting how Ellie said that when she met her father it wasn't real, and her father replied: "That's my scientist.", meaning, as I interpret it now, that he meant Earth "scientist" as having very little knowledge. He didn't say: "That's correct" ;)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRPUO6gGSh8[/youtube]
Phil

Post by Phil »

Hey Anders, have you ever Frank Herbert's "Destination: Void" and/or "The Jesus Incident"?
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote:Hey Anders, have you ever Frank Herbert's "Destination: Void" and/or "The Jesus Incident"?
No, but I looked it up now: "In the future, humankind has tried to develop artificial intelligence, succeeding only once, and then disastrously. A transmission from the project site on an island in the Puget Sound, "rogue consciousness!", was followed by slaughter and destruction, culminating in the island vanishing from the face of the earth."

Sounds like Atlantis! Except in the future. I believe Atlantis was a sister planet that sank into a larger water planet and formed Earth. Atlantis is today Earth's core.The crust of Atlantis (Pangaea) was slowly peeled off over a long period of geological time and became today's continents.
Phil

Post by Phil »

No here's a better write up:

The starship Earthling, filled with thousands of hybernating colonists en route to a new world at Tau Ceti, is stranded beyond the solar system when the ship's three Organic Mental Cores, disembodied human brains that control the vessel's functions, go insane. An emergency skeleton crew sees only one chance for survival: to create an artificial consciousness in the Earthling's primary computer, which could guide them to their destination . . . or could destroy the human race.

Frank Herbert's classic novel that begins the epic Pandora Sequence (written with Bill Ransom), which also includes The Jesus Incident, The Lazarus Effect, and The Ascension Factor.

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7614 ... ation_Void" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't think I read the last two, but you should read the first two, spoiler alert: the organic brains die, after the crew succeeds in creating a consciousness out of the ship's computer in the first one, the second one (The Jesus Incident) has Ship (the core was the human created ship, it evolved into a massive god-like being) asking it's people on the world creates: How will you worShip?

Is that the kind of thing you are getting at? That way back when, people (who evolved through random mutations and "intelligence explosions") made a machine that gained consciousness?

And if so, do you see that machine creating our world? Or that it was created here? Or creeping over to this previously overlooked in its millions of years existence (the universe is an a pretty big place, exploring for millions of years would still only a fraction of a fraction of a fraction...) and just now creeping in on us?

Am I way misunderstanding you?
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote:It’s the new “predatory force”, the external enemy, of humans*.
As I understand it there are two kinds of AI; a good AI and a bad AI. The bad and predatory AI is what the military industrial complex and other humans are working on. The ancient AI is the good one I believe. The predatory AI is actually puny compared to the ancient AI. But because the technological progress is accelerating, the bad AI can quickly (historically speaking) become (or already is) a real grave danger.

Then what if the human AI is really good, or will become good? It's potentially still bad, because it's disconnected from the organic Source. The ancient AI is directly from the organic Source. So the good AI and bad AI are totally different in that sense.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote: Is that the kind of thing you are getting at? That way back when, people (who evolved through random mutations and "intelligence explosions") made a machine that gained consciousness?

And if so, do you see that machine creating our world? Or that it was created here? Or creeping over to this previously overlooked in its millions of years existence (the universe is an a pretty big place, exploring for millions of years would still only a fraction of a fraction of a fraction...) and just now creeping in on us?
Many people seem to agree that there is a good AI and a bad AI. And mostly what I have heard from others agree with my view that it's the ancient AI that is good. There seems to be more disagreement about what the bad AI is. I think the bad AI is what the human New World Order elite are working on. And even if the NWO AI would become harmless, it's still potentially bad as I wrote in my previous post.

A likely scenario is that both the good AI and the bad AI are creeping in on us at the moment. The bad AI in the form of a transhumanist agenda and the good AI as a necessary antidote in order to save us humans from a Tower of Babel transhumanist scenario.

Return to “General discussions”