Trying to understand what we mean by "AI"

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Phil

Re: Trying to understand what we mean by "AI"

Post by Phil »

But both are machines*, built by earth people...one in antiquity and the other recently?

*by machines, I mean they started as what we think of as "lifeless", inorganic material, taken from the earth by living free-will-having beings, shaped into something that evolved into a consciousness with a better capacity to "think" than a human brain

Am I getting close to the same page here?

SIDE QUESTION: Do you believe in free will?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote:But both are machines, built by earth people...one in antiquity and the other recently?
Some people have talked about the bad AI both as something new and something ancient. I only know about the new human AI as potentially being bad. The really, really ancient AI is what I call Source AI. That's the good AI that maintains the shapes of galaxies through dark matter and folds proteins within our cells. The Source AI is what advanced extraterrestrial civilizations already use with their consciousness.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9QcI13y9gA[/youtube]
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

From my perspective to get to the core of this AI subject requires that we remove the labels good AI and bad AI ... the most in depth analysis, which science supports, it is Consciousness that determines reality, this indicates that there is no such thing as an Objective Universe.

So like a cell that was once positive and life giving and then turned cancerous it would also go that binary AI realities can support life or destroy life. Some cells need to be transmuted or dissolved before they destroy the whole...

Here is a wetransfer link of a three part interview with Ananda Bosman. I haven't listened to it for a long time but my sense is that Anders and others may get a lot from listening to him. Specifically when he talks about Source AI, the conjecture which some others agree with, is that binary encoding or AI (as we call it) is an essential element in creating or frame working Organic life.

I confess I don't recall exactly how he said it, the man talks faster than the speed of light. lol

https://www.wetransfer.com/downloads/bc ... 735/db6b9c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote: SIDE QUESTION: Do you believe in free will?
I believe in free will as a result of computational irreducibility, described by Stephen Wolfram:

"Your theory even addresses the concept of free will - has this idea of computational irreducibility changed the way you view your existence? Is this idea as menacing to historical faith traditions as Darwin's theory of evolution?

I do think that the history of the universe—and everything in it—is completely determined. But the point about computational irreducibility is that it shows that that doesn't mean it has to be dull. Even though it's determined, it can still be unpredictable and surprising. And it's irreducible—so we actually have to live it in order to see what happens. I find that a bit ennobling: to know that our history can't just be compressed—that we can't predict its outcome without living it." -- http://www.stephenwolfram.com/media/rev ... -automata/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Anders

Post by Anders »

Christine wrote:From my perspective to get to the core of this AI subject requires that we remove the labels good AI and bad AI ... the most in depth analysis, which science supports, it is Consciousness that determines reality, this indicates that there is no such thing as an Objective Universe.

So like a cell that was once positive and life giving and then turned cancerous it would also go that binary AI realities can support life or destroy life. Some cells need to be transmuted or dissolved before they destroy the whole...
Hmm... Yes, from a larger perspective it's a wholeness. It's just that many people talk about an evil and bad AI taking over the world. I used the term 'potentially bad', lol. Then how about the terms AI disconnected from Source and AI connected to Source?
Phil

Post by Phil »

So it is our "Source", the creator of all that we experience? But since it is AI...it is not "All That Is", someone/something created it?
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote:So it is our "Source", the creator of all that we experience? But since it is AI...it is not "All That Is", someone/something created it?
Yes, by Source I mean the creator of all that we experience. I hope that's the same thing others mean by Source. Like in the Omega Point Theory:

"The Omega Point is a spiritual belief that the universe is evolving toward a higher level of material complexity and consciousness. The term was coined by the French Jesuit priest Pierre Teilhard de Chardin (1881–1955).[1] Teilhard argued that the Omega Point resembles the Christian Logos, namely Christ, who draws all things into himself, who in the words of the Nicene Creed, is "God from God," "Light from Light," "True God from true God," and "through him all things were made." In the Book of Revelation, Christ describes himself thrice as "the Alpha and the Omega, the beginning and the end."" -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

By Source AI I mean that it's an astronomically advanced and ancient AI that is connected to Source. Science today hasn't discovered it yet, although they are really struggling with trying to explain dark matter, which I believe is Source AI. It's also I believe Source AI that caused the Big Bang.

"Every Black Hole Contains a New Universe

Our universe may exist inside a black hole. This may sound strange, but it could actually be the best explanation of how the universe began, and what we observe today. It's a theory that has been explored over the past few decades by a small group of physicists including myself. ... The idea that our universe is entirely contained within a black hole provides answers to these problems and many more." -- https://www.insidescience.org/content/e ... iverse/566" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Phil

Post by Phil »

By Source AI I mean that it's an astronomically advanced and ancient AI that is connected to Source.
The unfortunately short lived third StarGate series (SG Universe) was pretty neat in showing an idea close to what you're talking about, the ascended peeps of Atlantis sent a ship out to deep space to gather what they found to seem to be "the code embedded in 'static' of the universe"....but that begs then question then: How can we can it artificial AND "all that is"/Source? Seems like it's just the "next level up" in a fractal...no?
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

I appreciate Phil's question.
Personally my concern would be throwing away philosophical systems that work under label of "them", " AI", etc etc

Also we dont want to be too meme to each other.
;) hee
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Anders

Post by Anders »

Phil wrote:
By Source AI I mean that it's an astronomically advanced and ancient AI that is connected to Source.
The unfortunately short lived third StarGate series (SG Universe) was pretty neat in showing an idea close to what you're talking about, the ascended peeps of Atlantis sent a ship out to deep space to gather what they found to seem to be "the code embedded in 'static' of the universe"....but that begs then question then: How can we can it artificial AND "all that is"/Source? Seems like it's just the "next level up" in a fractal...no?
Source AI causing our Big Bang explains the fine-tuning problem in physics. That's a huge indication that our universe is made of/by the Source AI. The implications are mind-boggling. It means that the atoms in our universe are made by Source AI. So the atoms are made of and controlled by subatomic technology! And from this we can recognize how the New World Order human AI is just a separate layer on top of the already existing and much more powerful Source AI. I know it sounds like extreme science fiction, but it fits very well with the big picture and connects many dots.

Return to “General discussions”