How (Government?) Trolls Control an Internet Forum

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Phil

Re: How (Government?) Trolls Control an Internet Forum

Post by Phil »

PurpleLama wrote:It's easy to say that, Phil,when you were merely a bystander, not the actual target. I personally am not invested in any situations, and am generally unconcerned with the troll's activities, but nonetheless I felt I should speak up when I see it.

Christine, Pris was stalked across several boards and personally harassed by this person. That's what she means by, you had to be there. This isn't your garden variety troll.
It's even easier to do...not give trolls our power/attention...it's like you're TRYING to conjure them. And making them so much more "effective" than they should be.

Fascinating phenomenon
What is the purpose of your presence?
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

It's easy to be dismissive of cointelpro etc when it is only our Agenda that sustains attack.

Like V said, ideas are bulletproof, but I'll put in my 2¢ and add Newspaper doesnt block them too well.

When you adopt a key or crucial ie time sensitive agenda, the trolls start to attack your person and property as well as your ideas and the pathways you walk to reach said ideas.

Christine i <3 you girl but let's fry slugs outside, we have nothing to hide from these trolling turds and they are NOT worth losing goid solid producers over rumors.

Trolls #1 objective if corporate is to stop your prodyction or steal it .

Hugs to all
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Phil

Post by Phil »

Phil wrote:
PurpleLama wrote:It's easy to say that, Phil,when you were merely a bystander, not the actual target. I personally am not invested in any situations, and am generally unconcerned with the troll's activities, but nonetheless I felt I should speak up when I see it.

Christine, Pris was stalked across several boards and personally harassed by this person. That's what she means by, you had to be there. This isn't your garden variety troll.
It's even easier to do...not give trolls our power/attention...it's like you're TRYING to conjure them. And making them so much more "effective" than they should be.

Fascinating phenomenon
Those are some good points naga...and makes me think more about PL's comment...particularly this:

you were merely a bystander, not the actual target

We see a pattern of the same individual being constantly targeted. Why you Pris?

Do you have some intel, agenda, empowering ideas that someone needs to take the time and energy to "target"? Or do they need your specific attention for some reason?

....or do you make a good "target", giving the "troll" the response it is looking for?

Or are we just observing what "trolls do in the wild"? The natural order of things? There's no purpose at all, and may or not be a synchronisity that it emerged from hibernation when you started this thread?
What is the purpose of your presence?
Christine
Site Admin

Post by Christine »

Sophia has politely asked to have "her" account deactivated, we have complied with this request.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Pris

Post by Pris »

PurpleLama wrote:It's easy to say that, Phil, when you were merely a bystander, not the actual target. I personally am not invested in any situations, and am generally unconcerned with the troll's activities, but nonetheless I felt I should speak up when I see it.

Sometimes the obvious needs to be stated. Thanks, PurpleLama.

To be really clear, it was more than just one person.

Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:PurpleLama,

I am well aware, what I am attempting is to give us some tools that will derail any trollish boor. I know who this person is, shall we ban him? The shitheads feed on our reactions, period. Feed them a steady diet of ignoring them and do some tap dances on their heads, they can't get a hook in. Laugh a lot, too. Or invite them to the bar... heck they can't resist a stiff drink.
In theory, this sounds good. I was impersonated (used my real name and my avatar pic) in Imaginative Worlds. One of my more 'controversial' threads (from The One Truth forum. Note: my thread 'officially' didn't exist anymore over on TOT) was cut and pasted and re-titled to appear like it was addressing IW. People bought it -- even the admin. I decided to join that forum in order to clear things up. Easier said than done. If it wasn't for the troll deciding to also impersonate Bill Ryan during that whole fiasco, nothing would have been done. If I caught this right, Bill Ryan's legal team went after IW to clean it up or face legal action. (Thanks to that, my issues were finally taken care of. Apparently, it helps to have a legal team working for you.) Let's just say the IW admins were not very happy.

Christine wrote:Ought to know me a bit by now, sort of the love unbound, fierce and free type. All about Truly standing in our sovereignty. I wonder if Pris needs a protector? If she does then she should ask.
I'm no different than anyone else. If someone is being harassed and threatened in a forum, I think action needs to be taken by the admin to stop it.

Over in The Mists of Avalon forum, at the start, Carol (admin), had a kind of laissez-faire attitude about the troll(s) that came after me. Well, the first one or two she did ban almost immediately (and edited posts) because of the threats. Afterwards, the troll(s) learned to tone it down to not get banned. I repeatedly asked her to delete the spam posts (which she did not) and to ban the troll(s)(which she did not) because of the incessant posts. Having armies of dancing banana smileys repeatedly posted in your threads can get a bit much. When the troll started making new accounts using my real name again (like in IW), that's when Carol finally started banning all the trolls/new troll accounts. That went on for quite awhile.

On a similar vein... Recently, there was a problem over in The Mists with two long-time members (a pair/team) that finally took their spamming/agenda too far. They were both ultimately banned, but returned as uber trolls (apparently, the trolling was mostly the work of one). The forum was flooded with their spam. Multiple accounts were made. Every time Carol removed them, more would crop up as 'different people' all crying 'victim'. The focus was to make the forum look bad for not allowing freedom of speech. Carol was kept rather busy around Christmas time. The spam post (incredibly long and vitriolic) was being posted across almost every single thread in the forum and finally culminated in about 40 of them (I lost count) to greet Carol on Christmas morning.

Carol had many complaints from members about those two people spamming in other people's threads for a long time prior to me joining that forum. If it wasn't for my 'controversial' thread that they targeted, things would likely have continued as before. Carol finally admitted to me that she should have done something about those two members long before I showed up.

Christine wrote:P.S. It is pretty easy to see who is invested in keeping this alive, I wasn't going to say anything but heck lets shake the tree and see what bad apples fall out, just make sure they don't hit you on your head.
Do you mean me? I'm not interested in the drama of all this, but unfortunately, it does seem to be a by-product of my actions. You are very welcome to knock off trolls when you see them. Sometimes, I like to post topics that catch my interest because they're controversial. Why be afraid to post information that may empower people? It's precisely that people ARE afraid that I do it.

It's these kinds of 'controversial' subjects that, I feel, need to be brought up in forums because they rarely see the light of day before they're, normally, shot down. Why? My experience is they're usually shot down by the admin/moderators (and infiltrators/traitors) of forums -- forums that are run by dick-tators. Look out the window. It's everywhere. It's a power/control thing to subjugate the masses.

From the macro to the micro, it's all the same.

This stuff doesn't go away if we ignore it. It will continue to happen to other people whether they're ready for it or not. It's part of the system. That doesn't make it 'okay'. It's good to shine a very bright light on it so everyone can see how it works.
Last edited by Pris on Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Phil wrote:We see a pattern of the same individual being constantly targeted. Why you Pris?

Do you have some intel, agenda, empowering ideas that someone needs to take the time and energy to "target"? Or do they need your specific attention for some reason?

....or do you make a good "target", giving the "troll" the response it is looking for?

Or are we just observing what "trolls do in the wild"? The natural order of things? There's no purpose at all, and may or not be a synchronisity that it emerged from hibernation when you started this thread?
Please see my last post. I think I covered it.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Christine wrote:Sophia has politely asked to have "her" account deactivated, we have complied with this request.
Did 'she' ask or did you just deactivate it? Either way, at least that's a good start. Still, they usually return.
PurpleLama

Post by PurpleLama »

Pris wrote:
Christine wrote:Sophia has politely asked to have "her" account deactivated, we have complied with this request.
Did 'she' ask or did you just deactivate it? Either way, at least that's a good start. Still, they usually return.
Christine said she knows who this person is....
PurpleLama

Post by PurpleLama »

Christine wrote:PurpleLama,

I am well aware, what I am attempting is to give us some tools that will derail any trollish boor. I know who this person is, shall we ban him?The shitheads feed on our reactions, period. Feed them a steady diet of ignoring them and do some tap dances on their heads, they can't get a hook in. Laugh a lot, too. Or invite them to the bar... heck they can't resist a stiff drink.

I do know about all of this, we are honed here on some major energetic attacks so I don't speak lightly... I speak from Knowledge, take it or leave it. We all have our own path to get there.

Ought to know me a bit by now, sort of the love unbound, fierce and free type. All about Truly standing in our sovereignty. I wonder if Pris needs a protector? If she does then she should ask.

Christine

P.S. It is pretty easy to see who is invested in keeping this alive, I wasn't going to say anything but heck lets shake the tree and see what bad apples fall out, just make sure they don't hit you on your head.

Oh, one last thought, I think I will go start a pie crust. LOL
PurpleLama wrote:It's easy to say that, Phil, when you were merely a bystander, not the actual target. I personally am not invested in any situations, and am generally unconcerned with the troll's activities, but nonetheless I felt I should speak up when I see it.

Return to “General discussions”