How (Government?) Trolls Control an Internet Forum

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Pris

Re: How (Government?) Trolls Control an Internet Forum

Post by Pris »

Eelco wrote:Tell you what. I'll only contribute the hopeful stuff from now on ok?
Keeping silent, if I cannot say something Truthful that is also helpful.
Christine wrote:Has anyone one of you naysayers, curmudgeons, back biters, victimhoods even read what ee was founded on?...........
............so if ee isn't for you there is nothing that binds you here.
Christine wrote:Lady Love --- time to stop this nonsensical repetitious hammering of the same dull nail, heck its been pounded through the floor several times now. This is tiresome. You made your point at least fifty posts ago ... we see you, we hear you. Now please contribute something of value, it is known that it is within you to do so once you stop acting like a Pris, and dare to be the real you.
Cristian wrote:I don’t need the forum and I dislike soap operas......

.....You guys are weird ...the wrong weird.

It don’t want them to be true . The ones that like enforcing rules, bans and closed threads. But in the end they may be right .

Christine, you can't expect me to change who and what I am just so I can fit better into your forum. Your bullying tactics are slightly more inventive than others, I'll give you that. Cristian's threats are not so subtle.

Cats come under many labels, but I doubt you'll find one that fits me. ;)

Go ahead and deactivate my account.

For anyone who cares, from now on I'll only be in The Mists. I tip my hat to Carol. The Mists may not be perfect, but it's 'home'.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Naga_Fireball wrote:Although spring is near, not everyone feels good at the same time.

Also, I prefer public messages to all the cloak and dagger "now fear this" & "watch out" PMs.

If we are going to bother worrying at all, might as well worry about it all. Without false guilt.
Aaahhhwww
I have not had any PM to fear or watch out for.
Dang just realized they must have been about me then.
Wow I am flattered.
I mean even a bad rap is a rap isn't it? My sense of grandure and importance is growing now that I know the backtalk is about me..

Ow wait..
What if no one is talking about me, but just doesn't care enough to include me in their warnings for "Those OTHERS". Oh god now I'm sad. no one cares about me. If they did they would say something wouldn't they?

WIth Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Pris wrote: Cats come under many labels, but I doubt you'll find one that fits me. ;)

Go ahead and deactivate my account.

For anyone who cares, from now on I'll only be in The Mists. I tip my hat to Carol. The Mists may not be perfect, but it's 'home'.
Bye Pris,

You can think all you like. You are free to do anything you like. Just like a kitteh ey.
Labels? Nah just wanted to show you a different perspective. Not even to adopt, just to consider sometimes...
Guess you, like all of us are stuck in your ways..

Get some rest at Home, enjoy your life..
Who knows maybe we get to cross our claws and Talons again sometime...

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Pris, i don't know you well,
But what happened & why are ya going :shock:

I enjoyed aspects of your writing. Including troll info.

Don't let certain users bug you. When I left the big forum one of them talked shit about my supposed
Habit of leaving. Totally not his business and not true, he was smearing my name and never once apologized.

Wish you'd give it a second thought
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Cathryn

Post by Cathryn »

Warning soap box alert:
A person is seldom as good or as bad as they think they are, the same person is seldom as good or as bad as other people think they are so.......
What matters to me on an individual feeling level is that said 'persons' use a good dollop of external considering for the feelings of others. I try to consider others feelings wherever I can, (doesn't always work out) but when push comes to shove we have a duty to 'Do no harm and take no shit' taking no 'proverbial crap' means standing up for oneself, defend the body mind and spirit from harm whatever that takes.
Do no harm means to not steal from another their physical, mental, and spiritual peace of mind.
So I guess we all have a long way to go
much love
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Do no harm and take no shit.

I don't know where you got that, Cathryn, but I'm going to adopt it if you don't mind.
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Heh, Steven's bringing up pris lead me to this gem...apparently I been screeching (and projecting) about "enabling" for over two years

I broke the real life cycle I never thought I could...which the crap in this thread is a manifestation of, as was me getting involved when the Corey the crap looped back around recently

It's easy to forget (maybe easier to twist in our minds) relatively recent history...really interesting too when pieces you missed or forgot get put into place
What is the purpose of your presence?
LostNFound

Post by LostNFound »

I had no idea that perhaps Pris was already gone. She had befriended me on the PA quit some time ago and then was gone from there also. I am still getting familiar with this forum so I may stumble along on places and things till the 2x4 comes from nowhere and hits me up along side the head. I do not know what may happen in PM's only the ones that I send or receive. The public discussions I can read and make my own decisions about but just try to do like Cathryn coined "do no harm and take no shit" I feel that we all have within us the absolute capacity to love, to give,and to help. Yeah that may sound wicky or something but that is just me.

The whole Corey Thing really became way to much on the PA and all I could do was add my comment once or twice and I thought it was all disgusting. Seems like a new and different thread pops up every other day. So when I heard Christine's interview along with the Ruiner interview it gave me more perspective, not only about the Corey person but about some of the crap that happened on the PA when the upper echelon began to get rid of folks simply because they dared to stand and disagree with the slander and nasty stuff that was being slung around.

So for my part. I really will just read about certain things because others have so much more knowledge about those things. I am still wandering through this entire forum and keep coming across AHA things so keep that up and observe as I wander along.

2x4's hurt
Steven
Phil

Post by Phil »

No harm, no foul...I think it's pretty educational. Too many have short memories around here, maybe more (myself included) hold on to meaningless crap too long...such is life, I guess

Anyway, I think it's synchronistic...I can't get in there to check, it's on a private PA thread...but i think if the OP of this particular thread is not the exact same "data" goodETxSG brought to the forum here (I can't see it but a friend told me what it was and I remembered it as I thought it was aimed at me at the time):

http://projectavalon.net/forum4/showthr ... ost1148573" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Re-reading what pris posted, I think it was different, I remember Corey's reading more like an alphabet agency manual than the new agey links pris used...but I am sure my annoyance at the way we "schooled" each other back then had its roots with his emergence. That's why I hammered away at it there back then...we ALL were responsible who contributed to that place at that time. I was not comfortable just sitting back and watching and using the place for my own purposes, I felt like hypocrite whenever I did.
What is the purpose of your presence?

Return to “General discussions”