Is the will of the true Self the will of the Universe?

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
maggie

Is the will of the true Self the will of the Universe?

Post by maggie »

I posted this before I had finished it so sorry bout that. This is an interesting assertion and wonder if anyone has pondered the subject?

"When we are doing the will of the true Self, we are inevitably doing the will of the Universe. In magic these are seen as indistinguishable, that every human soul is in fact one human soul. It is the soul of the Universe itself. and as long as you are doing the will of the Universe, then it is impossible to do anything wrong". Alan Moore

[youtube]https://youtu.be/k1qACd0wHd0[/youtube]

A documentary about Alan Moore

[youtube]https://youtu.be/Apmyg_IuWQI[/youtube]
Christine
Site Admin

Re: Is the will of the true Self the will of the Universe?

Post by Christine »

Oh maggie, this is one I will dive into! One has to experience it to be it! Thank you so much for starting this thread.
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
maggie

Re: Is the will of the true Self the will of the Universe?

Post by maggie »

I asked some questions about my purpose (or calling) and why I have felt alone (in crowds or out) and why I have been waiting and waiting AND FOR WHAT? And I look at all concern about handling my life the "RIGHT"WAY AND IF "WAITING" IS just PROCRASTINATION? Actually I have wondered if I was waiting for a reason? Is this sense of waiting part of my own plan? Am I getting in touch with SELF and a larger rhythm? And am I here holding space that my little mind cannot grasp?

Well it feels really good to always go back to the idea that if I intend to get in touch with the will of SELF, I will>>>>

Synchroicity responds
Last week I found a book at a thrift store by James Hillmanand started reading it.

The book addresses the aspect of SELF called the daimon:

"“Each life is formed by its unique image, an image that is the essence of that life and calls it to a destiny. As the force of fate, this image acts as a personal daimon, an accompanying guide who remembers your calling.

The daimon motivates. It protects. It invents and persists with stubborn fidelity. It resists compromising reasonableness and often forces deviance and oddity upon its keeper, especially when neglected or opposed. It offers comfort and can pull you into its shell, but it cannot abide innocence. It can make the body ill. It is out of step with time, finding all sorts of faults, gaps, and knots in the flow of life – and it prefers them. It has affinities with myth, since it is itself a mythical being and thinks in mythical patterns.

It has much to do with feelings of uniqueness, of grandeur and with the restlessness of the heart, its impatience, its dissatisfaction, its yearning. It needs its share of beauty. It wants to be seen, witnessed, accorded recognition, particularly by the person who is its caretaker. Metaphoric images are its first unlearned language, which provides the poetic basis of mind, making possible communication between all people and all things by means of metaphors.” – by James Hillman

Why cannot the daimon abide innocence?? I think becausse EXPERIENCE is what ends innocence? BUT EXPERIENCE CAN NOT be all lightness and sweet and without mistakes and messiness....experience of life is a harsh task master where the task is no less than "growing down" the SELF.

Hillman talks about the character that is shaped by the daimonic (on purpose) and how the character acts out the daimonic impulses (not demonic but could look that way bcause the Bad Seed has its place).

One key feature of this activity is when there is an attempt to CONCRETIZE our mythic impulses outwardly onto the world. For example he talks of the third reich obsession with purity (a daimonic ideal) that was concretized and projected as racial genocidal actions. Hillman has quite a bit to say about the way concreticizing ideals can come out of a megalomaniacal egoism (the narcissistic grandiosity) chiefly BE CAUSE

Ta da!!

As the little self, there is NO WAY to express the full demand of SELF. So the one who is in touch with SELF and feels inadequate in the face of daimonic imperative might get very twisted. The false self is NOT authentic and is a not feeling and a projecting of shadow inadequacy.

Life is just not all safe and cozy but it is not the tortured twisted control system either when it is LIVED. The paradox is clear:

Hillman has alot to say about the social attempt to control and eliminate the dangerous daimonic because it is not safe...it is not nice. But if it is given its due, it is not going to destroy us. IF NOT given its due, it may well destroy our sanity and kill us!!!

And this is related too IMO from Tom (Montalk) because IMO the FOOL is the one who is carrying out the imprimatur of the SELF.
This touches on the phases of human experience being led by FORCES (who/what we always want to identify) and the cycle of experience (as in the tarot....).

http://montalk.net/gnosis/220/9-the-end

"The Pure Fool

In the First Phase, pure beings were unwise and thus vulnerable, which brought about the Fall. In the Second Phase, purity was replaced by strength and cunning. Both conditions signify states of imbalance. In the Third Phase, purity, strength, and cleverness will combine into a balanced whole. These signify the perfection of spirit, body, mind, and soul.

The combination of virtues equates to having eaten from both trees in the Garden of Eden. These characteristics together form the base of spiritual chivalry, which will mature in the Third Phase but is already blossoming within the Hero/Fool during the Second Phase.

While the hero and fool act with purity and innocence, they also have cleverness and strength. They need strength to withstand the pressures of the Control System, and cleverness to navigate its obstacles. Their strength comes from not being divided within themselves, not saddled by self-doubt or social programming.

The Biblical character Samson was strong because his hair had never been cut; cutting of hair signifies a trimming of one’s true nature to conform to standards of the Control System. In the end, his remaining strength allowed him to push apart the columns of a building and crush all his enemies, much like Amleth casting a net over his enemies and bringing the burning building down atop them. Again, this pertains to the Christ intelligence destroying the World Dream, partly by removing/retrieving that which supports it – our collective ignorant participation in it.

It’s easy to see how strength and cleverness are tactical advantages, but how might purity and innocence be likewise helpful? Because the hero and fool are aligned with their hearts, with spirit, with the divine will, they have synchronistic superiority over their spiritually inferior enemies who only have cunning and force on their side. Synchronistic superiority means things work out in unexpected ways when one stays true to one’s higher, nobler Self. Ground troops receive “air support” as long as their positions are visible and distinct from enemy forces; if they lower themselves into darkness, they cannot be helped.

Dorothy was a pure fool who, out of concern for the Witch’s broom being on fire, poured water to extinguish it but ended up inadvertently killing the Wicked Witch in the process. Amleth thrust his sword into a wall to test his strength, and ended up killing an assassin who had been hiding there about to attack (compare with Logion 98 in The Gospel of Thomas). In our own lives, traps set by dark forces backfire when we maintain spiritual composure; their obstacles become our stepping stones. These examples illustrate how one can win a fight without fighting, just by acting naturally in a non-anticipatory manner and having the pieces fall into place.

Of course, as Wanderers or Systems Busters facing harsh odds, the best approach is combining all our assets. While science and the stiffer esoteric schools advocate only strength and cleverness, and while certain religion and softer spiritual practices advocate only purity of soul, each has its shortcomings. There is no point reinforcing the front door when the rear door stays wide open. What we have, we must use. Those who give up the intellect for the soul or vice versa are missing the point. Hence the dictum “be wise as serpents, gentle as doves,” and why I emphasize combining a positive attitude with greater awareness.

The Unity of All Esoteric Training

The Way of the Fool is a spiritual school of hard knocks that employs life itself as the classroom. Its initiates operate in the wilderness like paratroopers launched into enemy territory. They learn their lessons through direct contact with the conditions of life in the World Dream. Hard experience, synchronicity, independent study, observation, dreams, and intuition are among the teaching tools.

Then there are occult teachers and formal esoteric schools that provide a more disciplined, protected, and accelerated environment for spiritual growth. Examples include Fourth Way, Inner Christianity, Sufism, Rosicrucianism, Toltec Shamanism, Anthroposophy, and Gnostic/Hermetic organizations.

Both formal and informal esoteric pathways share the same goal, to fortify Spirit and enable its triumph over matter. This entails disengaging from lower/outer and engaging higher/inner, resulting in Spirit influencing the World instead of vice versa. The opposite is true for people who are spiritually asleep; via genetics and environment, the world molds them into becoming mere instruments of the Matrix Control System. Esoteric training aims to reverse this.

To disengage from lower/outer means to observe and master (if useful) or reject (if harmful) everything the Control System has grafted onto us: all the bad habits, prejudices, mindless instincts, egotism, ignorance, chaotic thoughts and feelings, petty concerns, baseless fears and illusory goals. It means to see through illusion and take back power from the World Dream.

To engage the higher means to get Spirit back online in our lives, minds, bodies, and souls. Feelings are harmonized with Spirit via devotion, humility, compassion, understanding, patience, forbearance, and love. Life is harmonized via higher thoughts and feelings initiating synchronistic support and wise action clearing the way of obstacles. And the lower mind is harmonized when it becomes aware of information streaming from Spirit. The latter occurs in small flashes when, through contemplation, intuition leads to revelation, and revelation builds wisdom and discernment. But it doesn’t become a constant light until the mind achieves continuity of consciousness between waking and dreaming states, so that even while awake one can access the dream state and thus receive communications from the subconscious, which is really a gateway to the higher mind. This bridge is enhanced by the development of psychic structures in the etheric body that mediate information between different aspects of one’s being. This bridge allows under current conditions what would otherwise only be possible during an Etheric Tide.

Whether one examines the teachings of Rudolf Steiner, Jesus Christ, Buddha, Gurdjieff, Mouravieff, Baines, Mares, Castaneda, etc… they all basically boil down to disengaging from lower and engaging higher.

For Wanderers on a mission, it seems that life helps them achieve this up to the minimum threshold required for them to do what they are here to do, rather than spurring them on to superhuman perfection. Thus while we should strive to overcome the lower and activate the higher as much as possible, we should not get depressed if certain goals remain beyond reach, especially ones that are not mission critical."

Return to “General discussions”