loving our left brained and analytical members

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Naga_Fireball

loving our left brained and analytical members

Post by Naga_Fireball »

:shock:

Dear EEs, if I was to ask you, who is the enemy, I'd get lots of different answers.

Better to wonder, who is a potential friend & how to reach that person before they are overwhelmed.

The recent conflict with Pris and the issues around Shezbeths very cool threads make my head spin. Cannot compute.

I'm wondering, how are we losing members when EE isnt at 200 yet. And i really hope that I dont hear more hostile & cliquish They had it coming or she was a troll, etc.

Would a weekly meeting in members only help? Help people "get it"? ;)

Or sone type of poll
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
Christine
Site Admin

Re: loving our left brained and analytical members

Post by Christine »

It seems inevitable that people will find their own way and flow in the direction of their choices ... It comes down to each individual, once again. And realizing that we can all be different and yet have a common course is a work in progress. Conflicts, like cliques take people to participate. When a person chooses to create a conflict and then doesn't comprehend their own participation in creating it there is little anyone else can do.

Naga, I feel ee will, like water, find its own equilibrium, as much as I would like to head conflict off at the pass it too seems inevitable. Resounding within me is a frequency that I can only describe as love and in the fierceness of that love sometimes uncomfortable truths must be spoken. I honor my truth as I honor yours. Leaving the field is also freedom of choice.

That being said .... meeting from time to time to share from our inner self, to build trust, is such a valuable thing. Many of us meet regularly and there hasn't been an issue in all these years. We would love to share, I asked if anyone wanted to do that and there was no reply... maybe an idea whose time had not yet come. Integrated in these talks and chats is a embodied comprehension that we each own our shadows and not project it on another. Honoring that is vital so that conflict doesn't arise... we gnow we each affect the other, or the other is us.

EE is organic in nature, letting it flow without rules, regulations, schedules or constriction is part of a grand experiment.

Profluent ... A natural state of Being ... fluidity

Naga_Fireball wrote::shock:

Dear EEs, if I was to ask you, who is the enemy, I'd get lots of different answers.

Better to wonder, who is a potential friend & how to reach that person before they are overwhelmed.

The recent conflict with Pris and the issues around Shezbeths very cool threads make my head spin. Cannot compute.

I'm wondering, how are we losing members when EE isnt at 200 yet. And i really hope that I dont hear more hostile & cliquish They had it coming or she was a troll, etc.

Would a weekly meeting in members only help? Help people "get it"? ;)

Or sone type of poll
The journey, the challenge is to step into the
projection room and stop being lost in the script.
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Hey,

I don't think anyone had it coming.
I do think many people have had some history which spills over.
I am one who doesn't exactly like to stir up the fire. I do however like to touch sore spots. Must be my Shiatsu education background.

Forums do attract and repel different kinds of people.
Those attractions and repulsion are, for most, based on inner motives most know nothing about.

I'm not going to psycho analyze either Priz or Shez.
They are grown ups that are perfectly capable of making their own decisions. Shezebel is still here isn't he?
If you like to know why I do what I do.. Just ask..
If you think I talk to much, just say so..
If you don't think anything at all about my presence here...Well how I respond to that that's my problem isn't it..

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Blue Rising

Post by Blue Rising »

Well, Naga, I can only speak for myself (thus the reason I talk about myself only haha). I operate under my own best theories and understandings of things at any given moment, and that even changes constantly. (Disclaimer before I even open my mouth.)

Here is what I have noticed. The EE forum is different than the few others I have been a member of. So far, each forum I have participated in, or even visited a a guest, seems to have its own personality, group dynamic, and purpose. This seems to evolve over time. Some forums I visit have great research into topics I am unfamiliar with, and I learn a great deal from them (i.e. fluoridation). Some have interesting coverage of world news, and what msm doesn't cover or hides. Some cover whistleblower stories, some encourage members to share their ET or ED experiences. You get the idea. Each seems to fulfill a purpose, and that might be different for each member or guest.

EE seems to be a place unlike those others. If anyone wants to share these things, I am certain that would not be banned. However, I come here because I find a space for self discovery. That said, I respect all paths, therefore I choose to participate in what interests me...and I choose not to participate in what does not interest me. (Or what I have time for.)

I do not agree with everything shared here, believe it or not. But that is okay with me, and seems to be okay with everyone else.

But what I think is going to happen, if EE remains on its current course as I see it, is that people who come here expecting the same type of interactions on the same topics discussed elsewhere may not find what they are looking for. There may be animosity, but I don't think that will be the case generally speaking. I am not speaking to any specific situation, certainly not Pris' departure. Some folks will come to ee and join, look around or test the waters, and find this is not a comfortable fit. In my opinion, that is just going to happen.
Last edited by Blue Rising on Fri Feb 19, 2016 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do not fashion me a maiden who needs saving from the dragons. I am the Dragon. And I will eat you whole.
Spiritwind

Post by Spiritwind »

Naga, I am sure you have had the experience of entering a room, and immediately picking up on the energies present. Some feel comfortable, and some do not. Sometimes things change, as people change, but there doesn't have to be a right or wrong. I kind of refuse to go that route anymore, but it is not for me to chose for another. None of us knows what true freedom entirely looks like, how could we. We are only now coalescing to any type of understanding that we live in a matrix, a construct. From my mind, all constructs teach, and not all lessons are pleasurable. Many of my biggest lessons so far in this life have been anything but pleasurable. I would not want to experience them again, so I try to identify my own patterns. Some work great for me, some need to be discarded.

I wish Pris all the best if she goes, and carry on as I have been. We all have to be true to ourselves, and we all know it is impossible to please everyone. I kind of think there is a great talent emerging here, but that sentiment may not be shared by all. We all have intuition, but I would say it is true that not everyone receives the same information, so I personally have to honor that. Everyone has a right to come to their own conclusions about any dang thing, and it doesn't have to agree with mine. But I know I won't be deterred either, just because my views, intuition, and understanding so far are not in agreement with some one else. Way too late for that in my world. I already know my focus in this lifetime has not been a popular one. I used to feel weird and extremely isolated because of that. It would not serve me in any way to go back to that.

I'm still weird, but I just don't give a crap anymore. Dammit, there is nothing wrong with being a rebel in a world gone mad. And, I know Pris to be a warrior spirit herself, so I am sure she'll continue to push a button here or there, wherever she goes. That's probably sometimes exactly what's needed. But no one should be expected to change, and if they feel they have to then they should follow their hearts urging.
I see your love shining out from my furry friends faces, when I look into their eyes. I see you in the flower’s smile, the rainbow, and the wind in the trees....
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

From all our members.. 149 of them there are only 57 posters.
25 posters have posted more than 25 posts each.
11 posted more than a 100.
5 posters with more than 200 posts.
Only 2 posters with more than 300 posts.
I think you'll be surprised to see who they are.
These figures may point to what those top posters expect a forum to be and how to shape it.
And maybe why someone chooses to leave...

They may just be random figures.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

What is strange is that over 24 new members subscribed within the last 2 hours.

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Cathryn

Post by Cathryn »

Yes those are some interesting figures E especially the 24 in last couple of hours, but maybe after the latest symposium it isn't so surprising. However its still 'interesting'.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Christine and I were chatting, when she had to step away to attend other things...she told me Lily pointed here as she closed her FB account--so I don't think it's TOO strange, to her anyway--that's where she believes the influx is from.

To the OP...the individuals you singled out openly champion narcissism and celebrate ego, which to me is about the most anti-social direction you can some from. I'm not sure if that is "left brain" related or not...when I see it in a space I choose to be, I will openly challenge it--hoping the interaction will help teach me, as I deal with it on a regular basis in my real life.

I value their presence, as I can't relate to that view...and hope to learn from interacting with them. But I didn't see anyone forcing anyone to do anything...I think Christine's been doing a pretty good job of allowing "freedom" to reign in this place. Forums are words on a screen...and what we make of them.
What is the purpose of your presence?
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

I just put the number of influx up because it caught my eye.
Not to worry about it one way or another. There's not much forums or social media I keep up with so I thought someone said something about this place somewhere popular .

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~

Return to “General discussions”