The Long Walk to STANDING ROCK Has Begun

"Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer."
-Muhammad Ali
Naga_Fireball

Re: The Long Walk to STANDING ROCK Has Begun

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Hey Christine, let us know if you guys are ok!!
Brotherhood falls asunder at the touch of fire!
He finds his fellow guilty of a skin
Not coloured like his own, and having power
To enforce the wrong, for such a worthy cause
Dooms and devotes him as his lawful prey.
~William Cowper
neonblue

Post by neonblue »

Hi Naga... Christine may not be able to answer your Q too quickly as she arrived at SR a couple of days ago, where her access to internet is limited. She has reported that she and the crew she travelled with are excited to be there, having spent their 1st night there in a teepee last night - before joining new friends at one of the main camps some time today.

Her most recent message that came through says it all: "Request for 4 directions flag and American flag and fire in the blood flag or white dragon, our camp is being set, beautiful location, sacred fire lit."

Christine: "Early morning around the sacred fire story telling, all well."

**Does anyone else see the winged Lady of Fire within the flames?
neonblue

Post by neonblue »

Susan Sarandon on not backing Hillary Clinton

Published on 2 Nov 2016

Hollywood actress and environmental activist Susan Sarandon talks to Evan Davis about the civil resistance on the Dakota access pipeline, the US election and why she's not supporting Hillary Clinton for US president.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LoGej6BqMc[/youtube]
neonblue

Post by neonblue »

Are We Looking at an Endangered Species?

I interpreted what l saw as a segway between 2 different peoples concerned responses to our being Trump(ed), so with a little tongue in cheek and a chunky smattering of personal ire, l bring the following to this thread today:

A quote from a comment on a Standing Rock FB site: Candy C.: "Now that their pro oil industry guy is in the White House and he has stated he will boost the oil Industry and cancel renewable energy plans they feel like they can go ahead and do what ever they want."

Quote from David Attenborough re Trump: "We could shoot him, that's not a bad idea."
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 90476.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In it's context that was a candid comment from David… and of course that would be no solution. I am using license to say this of course - But I expect (and would in no way condone) that there are others out there who are so enraged and could very well mean it, when they say it. It does exemplify how divisive atrocities like the SR pipeline and the Australian governments mining go ahead that will damage the Great Barrier Reef (which is not far from where l live) are. No matter the intensity of the protests they allow the destruction to go on. And not surprising that so many normally peaceable people feel aggrieved and exasperated. The ground swell of anger and the connecting tentacles of organised resistance with global empathy and support, are not going to abate now or into the future. As the peoples of the worlds anarchy rises against the hubris of Gov'ts, these so-called leaders - truly are going to have to walk this Earth (which they they have no heart of stewardship for), with the concern that they are an endangered species.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/peopl ... 90476.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Until now, Sir David Attenborough was one of the few individuals in the public eye not to have broached the ever-present, all-pervasive topic of Donald Trump. However, the naturalist and beloved broadcaster has now given his assessment of the situation and suggested a way to counter the Republican’s ascent to power which, believe it or not, involves a gun.

In an interview with the Radio Times, the nonagenarian was probed about how we solve a problem like Mr Trump and quipped: “We could shoot him”.

Sir David, who returns to screens for Planet Earth II this weekend, said the British public had no way of influencing the outcome of the US presidential elections so proposed an altogether more extreme solution.

Sir David Attenborough thinks about his own mortality every day
“Well, we lived through that with earlier presidents – they’ve been equally guilty… But what alternative do we have? Do we have any control or influence over the American elections? Of course we don’t,” he said.

Adopting a hushed tone, he said: "We could shoot him, it's not a bad idea" before chuckling."

** Re the pic' of David and the beautiful lizard he's seeing eye to eye with ;) No recriminations intended toward the reptilian species/races - they are as threatened by the evil actions of a certain ilk of humanity (and their AI in-full-trators) as the rest of the web of Life upon Mother Earth are.
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

http://fortune.com/2016/09/07/hillary-c ... donations/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hillary Reportedly Raises ‘Twice As Much’ From the Oil Industry As Trump

Hillary Clinton has significantly out-raised Donald Trump in the oil and gas industry, an important venue for campaign financing that has historically served as a boon for Republicans, according to a new Wall Street Journal analysis.

As of the latest fundraising cycle at the end of July, employees in the oil and gas sector had donated $525,000 to Clinton’s campaign, compared with $149,000 to Trump’s team, the newspaper reported.

That’s outside of the $470,000 that members of the industry gave to a fundraising account Trump holds with the Republican National Committee. But even that pales in comparison to Clinton’s DNC account, which took in $650,000.

Hillary Reportedly Raises ‘Twice As Much’ From the Oil Industry As Trump

Hillary Clinton has significantly out-raised Donald Trump in the oil and gas industry, an important venue for campaign financing that has historically served as a boon for Republicans, according to a new Wall Street Journal analysis.

As of the latest fundraising cycle at the end of July, employees in the oil and gas sector had donated $525,000 to Clinton’s campaign, compared with $149,000 to Trump’s team, the newspaper reported.

That’s outside of the $470,000 that members of the industry gave to a fundraising account Trump holds with the Republican National Committee. But even that pales in comparison to Clinton’s DNC account, which took in $650,000.

See also: Goldman Sachs Bans Employees from Donating to Trump

“Taken together, oil and gas donors have contributed roughly twice as much to support Mrs. Clinton’s campaign as Mr. Trump’s,” reported the Journal.

Its analysis points to heavy hitters in the typically Republican stronghold of business, such as Exxon Mobil xom , where employees have apparently made 175 donations consisting of $200 or more to the former secretary of state. Only one such donation was made to the GOP nominee, according to the WSJ. In the meantime, members of the American Petroleum Institute, a major lobbying group for oil executives, also have yet to open up their wallets for Trump, said the publication.

Remarkably, this development in fundraising doesn’t appear to be symbolic of a broader trend in the election. Other Republicans have continued to receive money from oil and gas industry employees this year, raising a collective 90% of the total $71 million in donations made so far. What’s significant is that “only a small amount of that is going to Mr. Trump,” noted the Journal.

:?

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaign- ... -industry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

All told, the campaign to elect Hillary Clinton for president in 2016 has received more than $6.9 million from lobbyists, bundlers, and large donors connected to the fossil fuel industry.

Number of oil, gas and coal industry lobbyists that have made direct contributions to Hillary Clinton’s 2016 presidential campaign: 65

60 registered oil, coal and gas lobbyists have personally given $142,640 to the Clinton campaign.
Of those 60, 13 are bundlers.
13 lobbyists have bundled $2,502,740 in contributions to the Clinton campaign.
48 lobbyists have contributed the maximum allowed ($2,700).
This includes:

Lobbyists who have reported lobbying for the oil and gas industry – both in-house company lobbyists and hired lobbyists from “K-Street firms.”
This does not include:

Industry executives who are not registered as lobbyists.
Other employees of the oil and gas industry.
Board members.
Corporate PAC contributions.
Contributions by major investors.
Donations to Super PACS or non-profit groups.
Contributions made by trade associations to Super PACs.

http://presstv.ir/Detail/2016/06/01/468 ... ry-Clinton" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saudis rooting for Clinton to win White House: Oil analyst

Wed Jun 1, 2016 5:15PM
HomeUSForeign Policy

http://www.vevo.com/watch/katy-perry/dark-horse-(official" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)/USUV71400083

Joking about shooting the president is not real cool. :shock:
~William Cowper
neonblue

Post by neonblue »

Naga - Fireball: "Joking about shooting the president is not real cool. :shock":

It is my sincere regret that l shock you with my post Naga - but l did convey my waver of not actually agreeing with such an action. My use of humour in that way is a conduit for what I wanted to portray re the rise of global Activism… so no apologies or retractions for my reference in context. For what it's worth, we cross international borders here on the internet/on forums - thusly we are not always mindful or aware of differences in cultural norm's and personal taste in styles of humour, which alas... can result in misconceptions and unintended offences to others. Hear in Aus' - a laconic/ironic form is the norm' and satire has long been my own tickler… so there it is, I can see that unwitting insensitivity is my misdemeanour.

No trivialising of your response meant at all when l say this - I am reminded of the famous words from poet John Lydgate, later adapted by President Lincoln:

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

Recent events on the world stage are bringing up deep, often conflicted concerns and fears in most, and l realise that for American citizens nerves are raw in particular at this time. We share this forum as a safe place to freely express our perceptions and as long as we are not intending harm, which l personally can say, I honestly - do not (further to that, l absolutely do not intend to incite harm either). I very much hope that yourself and anyone else that reads my previous post can perceive and accept that.

Also, with respect - l am not interested in pursuing a US political partisan debate, but by the same token l fully appreciate your post and have learned from your insights and the information you have presented.

Thank you Naga, wishing you well - your contributions and responses are always welcomed and valued by me, as l believe you know :)
**Due to your reaction which l respect - I have now added into the text of the post for extra emphasis, the words: "I do not condone"
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Dear neon, my eyes are not great as they once were; i tend to skim and speed read when I'm tired, philosophy class hated me because i suck, English teach called me a Nazi, etc lol.

Also. When Obama was elected i said worse than you.
I said something terrible about "obama wont take my gun" and i didn't even own one.

So it's not like I'm perfect or didnt act like an ass.

I do appreciate mr Trump's directness in expressing anger verbally. Im probably mistaken but I'm hoping it translates into fewer lives being wasted by the next president.

P.s. also ive had barely undercover cueballs come to my yard sales asking me awkward hitler questions, i say some of my whiny shit out of actual concern that this does not continue to happen to our type lol
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

P.s. spank. Speaking of not perfect. Is this something a nice person would draw.

ImageIran and Iran!!!

Maybe 4 years ago or more. Lmao my impression of Mr Barack Obama. The blackie thing was actually an oil reference but was edited out of the versions i released online previously, because it looked racist. Eek.

But there ya go lol.^
~William Cowper
Naga_Fireball

Post by Naga_Fireball »

Eek. Did you see Katy Perry cancelled a concert in China because of the election but cited family emergency. ..

Too bad she didn't just, go to Standing Rock. . @@ lol

http://money.cnn.com/2016/11/10/technol ... -stack-dom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I guess they played with too much magic, lol Backfire
~William Cowper
neonblue

Post by neonblue »

A picture of a sculpture (created by l know not who) that now speaks for millions...

Return to “General discussions”