The Body and the Chains

Shezbeth

Re: The Body and the Chains

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Shezbeth

Re: The Body and the Chains

Post by Shezbeth »

I'd like to take a quick survey. Everybody stand up please.

If you have:
A. Begun/maintain a fitness/stretching regime.
B. Begun/maintain an emergent diet.
C. Furnished/acquired a kusari fundo.

... please sit down.

The rest of you,... get out.

I talk to alot of people about the Zonbi Ninshu, adding more and more to the various lists of 'curious', 'potential', 'disinterested'. In spite of this, there is an overwhelming majority who - even when fully comprehended - think that this is an 'intellectual exercise' or some such like they can just read/hear about it and voila, there will be sudden and significant changes.

No. No no no no no. What is the purview of the chains? ACTION. So, anyone who has read thus far and has not done a thing about it has officially wasted their time. Congratulations. I like to be lazy - its one of my favorite 'things to do' - but its a QUALIFIED lazy that occurs once EVERYTHING else is complete,... as in, everything that needs DOing has already been DOne.

Neither am I besmirching leisure, rest, recuperation, and entertainment,... but not at the expense of what needs DOing. Sure, the reader may not feel that physical fitness or whatever NEEDS doing, and I wish them luck with that.

Truly, the only 'doing' that really stands to be done is one's BEST,... but I have a hard time thinking one can legitimately and honestly say 'I've done my best' while neglecting their bodies.

I had a co-worker tell me that he stretches for 5 minutes every day before work, probably thinking that I would be impressed.

I criticized him for being lazy; 5 minutes isn't NEAR enough to accomplish any viable results/benefits, and if one streches that short/rapid, there's a good chance that the muscles, tendons, and ligaments could be strained by the accelerated stretch.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”