The Will and the Rods

PurpleLama

Re: The Will and the Rods

Post by PurpleLama »

Shezbeth wrote:In a Metaphysical context, the Resolve is depicted by way of the concept of discipline. The rods are equally the tool for exerting the resolve, as they are the tools by which the PERSONAL application of eliminates impurity, irresponsibility, and artifice. To apply the rods to the world and NOT the self in equal measure is an exercise in futility.
In my estimation, the first think the rod is for is the breaking of one's self into its constituent parts, for only after such application will one's vision attain the necessary clarity to apply the resolve to achieve the desirable change in the reality. What is higher and better for one's self and for one's other selves is at first occluded, unknown but not unknowable in the face of the mastery of being.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
PurpleLama

Post by PurpleLama »

It is Resolve against which the self is broken, Resolve in this sense being the attribution of Spirit, a pre-existing pattern, an archetype if you will. While in your experience you are the originator of Zonbi Nindo, and in mine I am the originator of Podunk Magic, there is something these systems are drawn from, some of which one might find in the realm of the occult, but a significant portion of each are rather genuine creation of each respectively, yet there does appear to be some significant correlations between the two and this is partly why I refer to a pre-existing, even eternal, aspect which each of us seems to be actively translating into the realms of human experience. Therefore, it is this which is an immovable and innate attribute against which the former person is broken and its parts measured against, so that the blade of Reason may be utilized to reassemble in a more efficient and effective formation. Reason is informed by Resolve, it is by being imbued by spirit that the mind can know what ought to be beyond its purview according to the previous formation of personality.
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:"Everything is fine."
'Everything' is an absolute. I prefer to avoid that kind of... expression. :)
Pris

Post by Pris »

PurpleLama wrote:It is Resolve against which the self is broken, Resolve in this sense being the attribution of Spirit, a pre-existing pattern, an archetype if you will. While in your experience you are the originator of Zonbi Nindo, and in mine I am the originator of Podunk Magic, there is something these systems are drawn from, some of which one might find in the realm of the occult, but a significant portion of each are rather genuine creation of each respectively, yet there does appear to be some significant correlations between the two and this is partly why I refer to a pre-existing, even eternal, aspect which each of us seems to be actively translating into the realms of human experience. Therefore, it is this which is an immovable and innate attribute against which the former person is broken and its parts measured against, so that the blade of Reason may be utilized to reassemble in a more efficient and effective formation. Reason is informed by Resolve, it is by being imbued by spirit that the mind can know what ought to be beyond its purview according to the previous formation of personality.
I don't think either one of you is necessarily the 'originator' of anything. Is it not rather fat-headed to consider oneself an 'originator'? Still, you could be... :D Am I the 'originator' of the 'kitteh thread'? :lol:

Are we not co-creators?...
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

There's a point I wanted to make, but it just won't come out right.

It has to do with the resolve, and the mythological correlations,....

Hermes/etc. had the caduceus, ophiuchus had the serpent-stick, and - of course - zeus had the thunderbolt.

Blah blah, soveriegn authority maifested blah,....

I hope you get where I'm going.

OH YEAH!

Make it happen.

The 'rod' is technically any device by which a person beats incentivizes reality into submission manifestation.

"I have no flaws...

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”