The Will and the Rods

Shezbeth

The Will and the Rods

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Shezbeth

Re: The Will and the Rods

Post by Shezbeth »

http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:
A Zonbi Nin must be prepared to Live at a moment's notice.
What does that mean?

It is a profound statement of perpetual alertness and readiness; of resolve and creative potential. It is a statement, an enjoining that one maintain a critical level of awareness from which an individual is prepared to - at the drop of a hat, dime, or what-have-you - to respond to whatever life may present from a position of readiness, boldness, and autonomy. It is not about prescribing to any particular ideology or authority, in fact at its very heart is the dismissal of authorities and ideologies.

I'll say it now. There is no room in the Zonbi Ninshu for religion of any kind. I'll say it again with emphasis. There is NO room in the Zonbi Ninshu for religion of ANY kind; I WON'T say it a third.

The only true authority is the individual, but this is a perception that must be cultured and met with the appropriate level of solidarity and responsibility; again, not of established or perceived authorities, but from the exclusive subjective authority.

Does the Ninshu recognize historical gods, spirits, entities, archetypes, etc.? Absolutely, but as peers and elders (in the sense of age, not of hierarchy) who - in certain cases - can be learned from and interacted with, but as mutually respected participants in this cosmic 'game'.

Any who would impose their will on another without invitation - no matter how peacefully or well rationalized - is a tyrant and thereby an opponent.

As far as secular matters are concerned, life is unpredictable. One never knows what one will be presented with, and adversity up to and including mortal threat is always possible. In observance of this, and in observance of the impermanence of the body - the finest device one is likely to have the opportunity to operate - one has a responsibility to resolve themselves to its perpetuity. Actions are in the purview of the body, but the WILL to act is the purview OF the WILL.

Furthermore, it is not enough for an emergent individual to simply resolve themselves to act, but to resolve themselves to create the appropriate response to stimuli from which the act can take place conducively. This is a terrible and wonderful responsibility with a lifetime of realization, however long (or not) that time may be.

Recognize that one's opponent can come in almost any form. It could be a plant falling from a window sill, it could be a wild animal, it could be unstable ground as one walks, it could be an out of control vehicle,... or it could be a literal adversary who intends harm on the individual. It matters not the form, all that matters is the resolve to defy and oppose that adversity/adversary.

Recognize too that this is not a matter of morality; the Zonbi Nindo is entirely amoral. This is a matter of sovereignty, and the rights inherent a sovereign individual.
I like this -- especially the part about religion, peers, and elders.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

<<<<SMACK!!>>>>

NO TALKING IN CLASS! DON'T QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST JUST TO THANK!! 20 PUSHUPS, NOW!!!

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:<<<<SMACK!!>>>>

NO TALKING IN CLASS! DON'T QUOTE AN ENTIRE POST JUST TO THANK!! 20 PUSHUPS, NOW!!!

HAHAHA ooh man! :lol:
I felt your post deserved more than just a thumb. (I can think of a different digit that may be appropriate at this time. :mrgreen:)
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Uhoh.

It is a profound statement of perpetual alertness and readiness; of resolve and creative potential. It is a statement, an enjoining that one maintain a critical level of awareness from which an individual is prepared to - at the drop of a hat, dime, or what-have-you - to respond to whatever life may present from a position of readiness, boldness, and autonomy. It is not about prescribing to any particular ideology or authority, in fact at its very heart is the dismissal of authorities and ideologies.

(Does this include it's own authority and ideology? Wouldn't that make it self-referentially absurd, and therefore ... well nonsense?)
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Pris wrote:

I felt your post deserved more than just a thumb. (I can think of a different digit that may be appropriate at this time. :mrgreen:)
Pris you're not paying attention! :)

Any who would impose their will on another without invitation - no matter how peacefully or well rationalized - is a tyrant and thereby an opponent.

Mk I'ma gonna shuddup now. :P
Pris

Post by Pris »

Hermit wrote:
Pris wrote:

Pris you're not paying attention! :)

Mk I'ma gonna shuddup now. :P
Hey, I AM paying attention. AND, I know I am an opponent. :twisted:

I can do both at the same time. Think of it as 'multitasking'.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

I'm still trying to figure out who this Rod guy is...and why everyone's talking about how to handle your rod.....

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”