heremita provocationes

Hermit

Re: heremita provocationes

Post by Hermit »

Thank you.

I rest my case. :)

Moving forward.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Someone said something to me recently, and I made note of it; pardon the indirect (paraphrased) quote:

"When you play chess with a seagull, no matter how well you play the board gets shat all over, and the game is over."

Perhaps someone can provide me with the correct quote? Anyway, have fun Milne; I can't tell what ur saying anyway, so I assume you're enjoying yourself.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Here, I'll do you a solid. No, not that kind of solid.

Simply put, I don't give a fig what you believe, and I'm pretty sure you can gather where I would advise you to put them.

That deserves a good lick behind the ear.

Pris

Post by Pris »

Eelco wrote:As the word belief is very much emphazised here..
This could almost become a debate about religion.
Hey, wuddewyahthink? Should I start up another 'Bible/Quran', all-religion-bashing thread? :lol:
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:
Eelco wrote: As a teaser I'll state that zombie as explained feels too much like sheeple, which most here know my stand about.
I won't kill them, but love em to death.....Hoping they reach the state of the --Deathless--
And indeed, any zombie that does NOT try to prey upon me will enjoy the same!
Are we talking about a kind of... exchange... taking, giving or sharing of energy? If so, how does one know when one becomes prey or predator. Is that 'line' so easily... delineated lol? What's a word for something not prey or predator (avoiding absolutes haha)?

We're all here on this forum, often putting up with lots of... shite... it's kind of like a sadomasochistic relationship with people swinging back and forth depending on their... mood. ;)

Still, I doubt many of us would be here if it was all just...

...light and fluffy.

Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Someone said something to me recently, and I made note of it; pardon the indirect (paraphrased) quote:

"When you play chess with a seagull, no matter how well you play the board gets shat all over, and the game is over."

Perhaps someone can provide me with the correct quote? Anyway, have fun Milne; I can't tell what ur saying anyway, so I assume you're enjoying yourself.

Hey, Shez, you're blond, right?

Shezbeth likes to make things up as he goes:

Pris

Post by Pris »

Phil wrote:...but I am real good "playing devil's advocate"....putting others in position to clearly explain their ideas.
You're really good at putting others into a position? How very... thoughtful of you. That explains all those lame-ass questions you always throw at me. I'll not be so easy to 'position' next time. Thanks for sharing, donk.
Phil

Post by Phil »

Can you please let me know which questions you consider lame, and clarify what they explain to you about my intent? Thanks

PS-the "Devils advocate" comment was an allusion to this:

viewtopic.php?f=36&t=330" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...that, and his other performances put the resident zombie ninja in whatever position you see him in...I didn't put him anywhere. I was just curious about hermit's perspective.

I don't put you in any positions either...you do just fine on your own
What is the purpose of your presence?
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

The one thing I have noticed?

There's an awful lot of anger and acting out when this subject is brought into question. I feel the need to point out that I find this rather odd given the entire background of ZN and what it's supposed to do for you and for the community of practicers.

I can't help but feel there's another agenda going on here. It may be mine, I don't know! But one thing is for sure: I think you may have been right when you suggested in Skype chat that you weren't prepared to talk about beliefs, but you were prepared to talk about ideas. I think if I were in your shoes, I'd probably want to set those limits as well. But I'd also be wanting to ask myself, what does this say about my comfort zone, and just how constructive is it being in this comfort zone? Rather than preparing for the worst, preparing for the zombies as it were, why not *live*? This is the fundamental difference between our ideas. My philosophy is based on living, on loving life, yours seems to be focused on preparing for what could be. Mine is based on what is, and how we can interact constructively with the positive potential in every being, especially zombies. (Although I don't think they're as dangerous as you want scratch that need them to be.)

*I've noticed I've been deleted from your Skype contacts. I can't tell you how much that pains me. I'm not uncomfortable sharing publicly here that in a very solitude filled life I considered you a friend. My actions have been motivated by friendship in a spirit of sparing and discussion I thought we enjoyed. Clearly I've misconstrued somewhere, and for that I ask for your forgiveness.

This is the last post I will compose with regards to ZN. I leave you to it.
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
dianna

Post by dianna »

Hermit wrote:
I've noticed I've been deleted from your Skype contacts. I can't tell you how much that pains me. I'm not uncomfortable sharing publicly here that in a very solitude filled life I considered you a friend. My actions have been motivated by friendship in a spirit of sparing and discussion I thought we enjoyed. Clearly I've misconstrued somewhere, and for that I ask for your forgiveness.
Wow, that is sad. I do not think you misconstrued ... I think forgiveness is not something YOU should be asking for ...

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”