Zombies and You

Shezbeth

Re: Zombies and You

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Pris

Post by Pris »

In the event of a zombie apocalypse, I'd definitely grab myself a forklift. :lol:
Eelco

Post by Eelco »

I think that in the event of a zomby apocalypse it won't be long before I treat myself to some human brains....
I wonder if I'll notice...

With Love
Eelco
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Don't worry, I'll take you down. ^_~
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Hermit

Post by Hermit »

Shezbeth wrote:Avoiding zombies may not be feasible, so a well-prepared Nin would do well to acquire and/or designate a sufficient body of resources. 'Prepper-type' assemblages are all fine and good (food, water, etc.) but everybody's thought of that. What a Zonbi Nin needs is to cover the things that most people don't. In my experience, the best place to find THOSE resources is an industrial facility.

I'm not saying one shouldn't tend to their sustenance, but in the event of an apocalypse, rest assured there will be a huge volume of zombie plans that don't pan out, and those resources will be available to those with endurance.

In the advent of a full-blown zombie apocalypse (as in, literal decaying corpses, not the metaphors I was referencing earlier), you can't do better than a good metal fabricating facility, or a lumber mill/yard. In the case of the former, well there's likely an abundance of material even if the place HAS been looted, and in the case of the latter there's plenty of stacks of wood (read DIY walls) and at least a handful of forklifts as well as fuel tanks/propane, and potentially even a diesel truck or two (or 5). Additionally, most industrial facilities will involve an abundance of tools (both hand and power if electricity is still operable), and if one lucks across a dry-food packaging facility,... well then you're golden.

Even without a full-blown apocalypse, an industrial facility is still the place to go to acquire materials and resources. Metal banding - which is GREAT for making custom pieces, as just one example - is something you're pretty much guaranteed to find in ANY such facility, not to mention company-specific materials. Conveyor scraps, milling blade scraps, metal scraps, thick plastic sheets,... get to know your local industrial facility - legitimately and through channels (no sneaking in and trying to jack shit, that's a good way for a Nin to get brained!) - and establish a rapport by which you can legally make off with some of their otherwise 'waste'.

You'll be glad you did... at least I am.
Is this metaphorical, or literal?

Can you explain how to know the difference?

(In best Marvin the Martian voice) I can't help myself! I simply can't help myself! *G*
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Here is an entirely unrelated report, from an unrelated portion of the world...

... that just happens to beautifully illustrate my point.

Rare Dolphin Dies for Mob Selfie(s)
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... ce=twitter" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Wrong views

With Love
Eelco
Last edited by Eelco on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Hmmm. Remedial English Comprehension for you then!

"I have no flaws...

Eelco

Post by Eelco »

Wrong views

With Love
Eelco
Last edited by Eelco on Sun Feb 21, 2016 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
~ “for what it's worth”~
~Placebo~
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

How do I know that there WASN'T a zombie ninja on the beach that day?

1. Because the dolphin died.
2. Because there were no reports of individuals taking responsibility and violently - as appears needs have - asserting themselves in the situation.

Its one thing to hem and haw in the face of something that's just plain not right/proper/conducive, its another thing to DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Whether there were beach-goers who felt 'bad' about the 'poor dolphin' (a GROSSLY simplified description IMO) or not, a dolphin still ended up dead, an unknown number of ppl got their selfies, and no one ended up with bloody lips (or worse).

Food for thought:

Is an 'empath' one who identifies with the crowd? Is an 'empath' someone who identifies with the animal? Is an 'empath' one who identifies with both and finds that the superficial desires of the crowd are less significant to the apparent suffering of a legitimately sovereign lifeform?

MORE food for thought:
Why is it that when information fits our agenda we use it to make (or refute) a point, and when it doesn't it's all propaganda?

Yes, that was a cruelly ironic reiteration. Xp

"I have no flaws...

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”