Zombies and You

Shezbeth

Zombies and You

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

... except one: I lie too much" - Ilya Alekseyev
Hermit

Re: Zombies and You

Post by Hermit »

So which is the fictional being?
Ingressum instruas, progressum dirigas, egressum compleas.
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

And would it be a fair comment to say a lot of this is relative to a kind of dialectic?
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

My point is that on a metaphorical level - if not a literal level - NEITHER are fictional. This is one of those 'you either agree or disagree' sort of statements.
http://shezbethblog.wordpress.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I have no flaws...

Hermit

Post by Hermit »

So would you say that the idea of zombies, as described above, suggests a dialectical idea here? And how solidly does the philosophy stand with pertinence to dialectical thinking?
Hermit

Post by Hermit »

How does one fight zombies if one is himself a zombie?

Would it be a recourse of action to "Admit we are powerless over our zombification and that it is making our lives unmanageable?" ;)

A zombie A.A. meeting. Hmmmm
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

I'm not sure what you're suggesting with the first and if you'll STFU, I MIGHT get around to explaining the second.

(see ppl? Zombie-like predisposition to pursue dispositional needs, in this case a desire to refute that which is not comprehended?)

"I have no flaws...

Pris

Post by Pris »

Oh, here we go again. Telling everyone to STFU. If I didn't know you any better, I'd say you're being just a wee bit self-righteous, Shezbeth. Hermit's not comprehending? That's not how I see it.

Btw, getting back to... absolutes... or a 'polarity-kind-of-thinking'... While the body is in a constant state of decay, it is ALSO in a continual state of growth. So.... you can't really focus solely on the decay part without the growth part -- they are bound together. The growth part is holding the decay part in check -- supersedes it even (if I was primarily 'decay', I'd smell it, trust me). All that... electricity... firing up our cells with life/life force all the time hardly puts us in a state of death.

The growth part can even reverse the effects of aging (ie. diet). Even our own thoughts/intent affect whether our bodies are in a state of growth or decline.

Still, the idea that we are 'born into death' is a freakin' interesting idea unto itself... and does hold merit.

Here's another btw, how can you say this is not conjecture:
...the perception of 'not being dead' can only take place within a dimensional timeline. Outside of that timeline, the 'death' has 'already occurred'.
Have you ever stepped out of this dimensional timeline and experienced this for yourself as fact? (oh, right, you couldn't because then, according to you, you'd be dead. Lol.)
Pris

Post by Pris »

Shezbeth wrote:Why zombies? Seriously,... why zombies?

That's easy. I imagine many of you will want to grab your pitchforks for this one,....

Shezbeth wrote:Since zombies are (?) an artistic concept, it is hard to pin down 'objective' details, but I'll do my best. The first and most obvious is the desire/pursuit to consume living flesh. Typically other humans are the victim, but not exclusively. So having said, zombies can also be said to pursue physiological needs.

...............Image
Shezbeth wrote:...to consume living flesh.
'...Living flesh'??? You said it, Shez.
Shezbeth

Post by Shezbeth »

Last edited by Shezbeth on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"I have no flaws...

Return to “The Dojo - Zonbi Ninshu”